Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Jobbers would be enhancement talent , people that are there solely for the purpose of losing and makin others look good. The Wyatt's are not jobbers because they lose. They have a good strong position on the card.

Also what happened to cliff Compton ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Sirsok wrote: »
    Jobbers would be enhancement talent , people that are there solely for the purpose of losing and makin others look good. The Wyatt's are not jobbers because they lose. They have a good strong position on the card.

Also what happened to cliff Compton ?

They do lose a lot but always look strong in defeat.

Cliff is going back to Nigeria I read earlier and the power uti is involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Enhancement talents are enhancement talents. Wrestlers who routinely lose matches are jobbers. Doesnt matter how they lose, if they are always losing, they are jobbers. Pure and simple.

November 4, 2013 – RAW: C.M. Punk defeated Luke Harper.

November 8, 2013 – SmackDown: Daniel Bryan defeated Luke Harper.

November 18, 2013 – RAW: C.M. Punk, Daniel Bryan, the Usos, and the WWE tag team champions Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeated the Shield and the Wyatt Family in a 12-man tag team match.

November 22, 2013 – SmackDown: Daniel Bryan defeated Luke Harper.

November 24, 2013 – Survivor Series: C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan defeated Luke Harper and Erick Rowan.

November 25, 2013 – RAW: C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan defeated the Wyatt Family in a “3-on-2” handicap match.

November 29, 2013 – SmackDown: C.M. Punk, Goldust, Cody Rhodes, Rey Mysterio, Jr., and the Usos defeated the Shield and the Wyatt Family.

December 2, 2013 – RAW: Daniel Bryan defeated Erick Rowan.

Every match in the feud, they lost. The very definition of a jobber.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Enhancement talents are enhancement talents. Wrestlers who routinely lose matches are jobbers. Doesnt matter how they lose, if they are always losing, they are jobbers. Pure and simple.

November 18, 2013 – RAW: C.M. Punk, Daniel Bryan, the Usos, and the WWE tag team champions Cody Rhodes and Goldust defeated the Shield and the Wyatt Family in a 12-man tag team match.

November 24, 2013 – Survivor Series: C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan defeated Luke Harper and Erick Rowan.

November 25, 2013 – RAW: C.M. Punk and Daniel Bryan defeated the Wyatt Family in a “3-on-2” handicap match.

November 29, 2013 – SmackDown: C.M. Punk, Goldust, Cody Rhodes, Rey Mysterio, Jr., and the Usos defeated the Shield and the Wyatt Family.

Would you put them in the same class as 3mb?

Would you put them in the same class as 3mb?

3MB are the aforementioned enhancement talent. There is a difference.

• Advertisement

Its actually not. They may lose but they aren't jobbers. They come off looking strong. They are in angles since their arrival and always are involved week in week out.

They aren't jobbers. Technically they lose but aren't jobbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

3MB are the aforementioned enhancement talent. There is a difference.
    So was Punk a jobber when he couldn't win a PPV match for a good few PPVs?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭CSF

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    So was Punk a jobber when he couldn't win a PPV match for a good few PPVs?
    If he was losing every match in between, and hadn't had such an impressive career beforehand then yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

Brooklyn Brawler was a jobber,3MB are jobbers.They are presented as posing no threat whatsoever to their opponents.Wyatt's are presented as a threat every time they are on TV,and when Bryan or Punk pin either of the big lads its presented as them overcoming the odds,not like it was always a forgone conclusion.

I have no idea how anyone could call the Wyatt's jobbers (I'm not even a fan of them),it makes no sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

A jobber is not given prominent tv time or have an entrance like The Wyatts. To be honest putting The Wyatts and Punk/Bryan in a feud was awkward, it's not doing anybody any good really.

• Advertisement

It seems a lot of people have no clue what a jobber actually is. The definition is someone who loses a lot. That's the Wyatts.

They have lost every match since the feud started. You can't honestly claim they are anything else.

Or maybe...and this is just a maybe here...you don't know what a jobber is? A jobber is not someone who merely "loses all their matches", they are a person(s) who go into the match to lose with the implicit responsibility of putting the other person over. It's not even been a case where Punk and Bryan have won well each time! The Wyatt's look strong (not the way a jobber looks every time btw) even in defeat and it's all to allow Bray to get over by ordering the two lads to attack/harrass Punk and Bryan and try to entice Bryan to his side.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    Or maybe...and this is just a maybe here...you don't know what a jobber is? A jobber is not someone who merely "loses all their matches", they are a person(s) who go into the match to lose with the implicit responsibility of putting the other person over. It's not even been a case where Punk and Bryan have won well each time! The Wyatt's look strong (not the way a jobber looks every time btw) even in defeat and it's all to allow Bray to get over by ordering the two lads to attack/harrass Punk and Bryan and try to entice Bryan to his side.

www.google.ie

Give it a whack. You clearly don't know what it means so try the above site and learn what it actually means. I'll wait.

You're thinking of an enhancement talent. A jobber is someone who is booked to lose. The Wyatts. An enhancement talent is someone who is booked to make their opponent look great. Zach Ryder.

www.google.ie

Give it a whack. You clearly don't know what it means so try the above site and learn what it actually means. I'll wait.

You're thinking of an enhancement talent. A jobber is someone who is booked to lose. The Wyatts. An enhancement talent is someone who is booked to make their opponent look great. Zach Ryder.
    WHAT? What are you on about! You should look up the difference mate! An enhancement talent is someone who is booked to make their opponent look great, I'll agree with you there, but they don't always have to job. Would you consider Mick Foley a jobber?

A jobber is someone who gets destroyed for most of the match and then loses.

It seems a lot of people have no clue what a jobber actually is. The definition is someone who loses a lot. That's the Wyatts.

They have lost every match since the feud started. You can't honestly claim they are anything else.

No we are all wrong and gnfnrhead is right and the world keeps on spinning, get a grip. Doing the job and being a Jobber are two different things. Don't be so condescending in your assertion.

LOTD wrote: »
    No we are all wrong and gnfnrhead is right and the world keeps on spinning, get a grip. Doing the job and being a Jobber are two different things. Don't be so condescending in your assertion.

theres no need for anyone to be condescending at all. esp over the term jobber. come on guys. lighten up

while I don't agree with grfnrhead, I do believe he may be right and I am wrong. I threw a poll up on a new thread as im really wondering what people think.

I always believed a guy like barry horowitz was a jobber, a guy who always lost and made his opponent look like a million bucks

now if a guy like bret hart went on a losing streak, I never would think of him as a jobber no matter what his record was because he always looked credible in his matches.

maybe im wrong and im open to being corrected.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    theres no need for anyone to be condescending at all. esp over the term jobber. come on guys. lighten up

while I don't agree with grfnrhead, I do believe he may be right and I am wrong. I threw a poll up on a new thread as im really wondering what people think.

I always believed a guy like barry horowitz was a jobber, a guy who always lost and made his opponent look like a million bucks

now if a guy like bret hart went on a losing streak, I never would think of him as a jobber no matter what his record was because he always looked credible in his matches.

maybe im wrong and im open to being corrected.

hey it's a thread about about guys fake fighting in tights it's real to ...:o

The Wyatts as in Harper and Rowan are sent in to the Job and have a good match with whoever, they are not being squashed. As long as Bray is looking strong then that's fine.

Bret never jobs at least in Canada :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Random wresting thought on a friday: I hate how cm punk turned out.

Comes across like such a prick on his dvd. Seems to think the world owes him a favour because his da was an alcoholic and his brother robbed some money on him. The amount of times I've heard him tell that story in the same woe is me, martyr tone of voice wrecks my head.

He's too smarmy as a face and too popular as a heel.

Great worker but has the worst finisher I've ever seen for a main eventer.

I'll always treasure his mitb match with cena. I'd rank it in my top 5 of all time. But it's a shame what happened after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

D.Q wrote: »

Comes across like such a prick on his dvd. Seems to think the world owes him a favour because his da was an alcoholic and his brother robbed some money on him. The amount of times I've heard him tell that story in the same woe is me, martyr tone of voice wrecks my head.

He does seem to fancy himself a bit. He has a sort of chip on his shoulder probably from being straight edge or maybe it's a hungover from being messiah of the indies. I'd complete agree with that vibe that "the world owes him something". It thinks it's an emo thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Yeah, although I think he's extremely talented, on home videos and podcasts/interviews he comes across as quite a stubborn, condescending doucher. ("you don't love people as much as I do because I've tats" etc.) He's got a fantastic personality for a pro-wrestler, but I can see why WWE's guys in charge would be resistant to push him; imagine the headache he'd be! Who'd want to have to deal with him, fight over every little thing every day?

• Advertisement

Great wrestler, terrible PR guy. He is what he is, I like him for that. Yeah sometimes he comes across as conceited, other times very considered. Him helping out Joey Mercury was the sign of a class act. Yeah he is a bit up himself, but very determined guy and extremely talented.

Didn't Konnan mention that people in the locker taught he was up himself. Makes me wonder who are Konnan's guys in WWE Jericho? Malenko? Mysterio?

Just want to add his finish is brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Weird question but is Punk bipolar?

Such a bad elbow from the top rope as well. His arm lands flat across the persons chest. Compare that to a Savage/HBK elbow which actually looked like the point of the elbow was hitting the person on the mat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭BohsJohnny

D.Q wrote: »

Great worker but has the worst finisher I've ever seen for a main eventer.

I'll always treasure his mitb match with cena. I'd rank it in my top 5 of all time. But it's a shame what happened after.

What happened after like becoming a multi millionaire and being one of the top five guys in the company Shame alright.

Such a bad elbow from the top rope as well. His arm lands flat across the persons chest. Compare that to a Savage/HBK elbow which actually looked like the point of the elbow was hitting the person on the mat.

I love punk but he cant do that move at all.... he doesn't glide through the air, merely falls like a ton of bricks on his opponent.

Now savage, when he hit a top rope elbow, it was a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I love punk but he cant do that move at all.... he doesn't glide through the air, merely falls like a ton of bricks on his opponent.

Now savage, when he hit a top rope elbow, it was a thing of beauty.

I remember DDP in an interview talking about Randy Savage giving him an elbow drop once, and he couldn't remember anything from the match after that. :D

The way I see it, Punk is too careful to do it like others like Savage do. It's the same with his suicide dive too.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I remember DDP in an interview talking about Randy Savage giving him an elbow drop once, and he couldn't remember anything from the match after that. :D

The way I see it, Punk is too careful to do it like others like Savage do. It's the same with his suicide dive too.

Maybe so, id imagine a savage elbow drop would hurt both savage and his opponent, but damn it looked cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭SimonQuinlank

I cannot stand Punk personality wise,the sense of entitlement and almost disdain he has for wrestling that comes across in mainstream interviews (Marc Maron podcast recently being a good example)I also love how he thinks he's some wild counter culture anti- authority figure too,when he's nothing but a hipster-ish poser.If he was Irish he'd be hanging around Central Bank every Saturday afternoon.

Sloppy to good in the ring,and great on the mic when he gives a toss and doesn't stray into smark territory.Would never had made it as far as he has in any other era imo.

I cannot stand Punk personality wise,the sense of entitlement and almost disdain he has for wrestling that comes across in mainstream interviews (Marc Maron podcast recently being a good example)I also love how he thinks he's some wild counter culture anti- authority figure too,when he's nothing but a hipster-ish poser.If he was Irish he'd be hanging around Central Bank every Saturday afternoon.

Sloppy to good in the ring,and great on the mic when he gives a toss and doesn't stray into smark territory.Would never had made it as far as he has in any other era imo.

I think the argument he wouldn't made it in any other era is redundant. He has made it, he is of his time. You could say the same of any other guy who has made it in previous eras. To be honest I think Punk has been great for wrestling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

I think his promos just run on too long. He's good on the mic but he just seems to ramble on and on without getting to the point. He cuts a ten minute promo when a five minute one would do

Ringwise he's nothing special. He wrestles better as a face but he needs an exciting opponent and a storyline to be able to have above average matches

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement