Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

They would be if they weren't terrified of what would happen to them afterwards. If John Cena was the ringleader of something like that people would probably get on board a bit easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm sure the reminder will be posted on Monday, but the clocks change in the States tonight so this week and next week will see all shows starting an hour earlier our time. This won't apply to Roadblock. We change in 2 weeks

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I've stated it before here but I need to state it again, I hate when the commentators use the phrase "for the win" they may as well say and here comes the two count folks.

It completely ruins any tension that the match might end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I don't like it either but honestly I think it's more a WWE finisher issue rather than a commentator thing. Most matches end with the wrestler's one & only finishing move so when Michael Cole shouts "Cena for the win" after a powerbomb I think it's the move itself that lets you know he's kicking out simply because it wasn't an Attitude Adjustment. After that the commentary almost acts like a reminder that this isn't the end.

Personally I consider that to be a key element in separating a good match from a great match in WWE - if I'm so engrossed in the match that I think a wrestler might actually win after a non-finisher move.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Sped up an old wrestling promo and added salsa music.

https://soundcloud.com/flynnad/teijo-khan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

So we all know Reigns is going to win at Mania and they have zero plans to turn him heel.

So what's the plan then? Who does he face? Ryback? **** off. Big Show? **** off. Braun Snowman? **** OFFFFFF. Brock will be gone, Hunter won't be wrestling, so who the **** else is there?

They have no heels with any credibility and about a billion babyfaces(who are either injured or not over). You could do a program with Owens I guess.....and then everyone will cheer for him and keep booing Reigns.

Their stubbornness just keeps backing them into corners and fans will keep rejecting it. And the one guy they shove down everyones throats who would have legitimate heel heat, they will never turn heel. They'll end up turning Ambrose and that will fail and then he's screwed too.

But hey they gross 650m a year so what do I know? I guess that's the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Heel Ambrose would be my #1 bet. First as babyface then he turns to win the gold bad enough. Ambrose is extremely talented so he'll never be killed. Like CM Punk.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i guess it will be bray especially with the little hint with him touching the title when it was on trips shoulder. Guess it depends on how bad his back injury is which is why he didnt wrestle brock at roadblock i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

From what ive read its the big guy set to.face Roman

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

beakerjoe wrote: »
    From what ive read its the big guy set to.face Roman

Wow. Are they intentionally trying to turn fans off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Wow. Are they intentionally trying to turn fans off?

Nah, they just put Reigns with guys who are even less over then he is(Sheamus) and then hope people will cheer for him.

That pop when he won the title in Philly was a total aberration. The fans would have popped if Hornswoggle won the bloody belt.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I can firmly say we do not need another Bray vs. Roman feud. Their previous feud meandered on for far too long, not helped by Bray's pointless promos and Roman's terrible ones.

With the way Roman is now, there isn't really anyone I'd like to see him feud with, he's just that dis-interesting to me. Heel Dean might be okay, but really if those two are feuding it's not Dean that should be heel.

Angron wrote: »
    I can firmly say we do not need another Bray vs. Roman feud. Their previous feud meandered on for far too long, not helped by Bray's pointless promos and Roman's terrible ones.

With the way Roman is now, there isn't really anyone I'd like to see him feud with, he's just that dis-interesting to me. Heel Dean might be okay, but really if those two are feuding it's not Dean that should be heel.

i think even ryback would get the fans support at the minute from roman. he needs to be a heel so badly.

Hes just not getting the crowd behind him at all hardcore and causal fans alike. he doesn't seem to be getting the kids behind him either like cena has had.

I do think their is potential in roman as hes not bad in the ring and if you made him a heel and put him with a talker he would be set just like the shield were he had ambrose and rollins to do the talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Seems as thought Boris Johnson wants 'Mania to be held in London.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/wwe-mma-wrestling/wrestlemania-in-london-boris-johnson-dead-keen-on-bringing-wwe-flagship-event-to-wembley-stadium-a6930271.html

Given how it's been almost a quarter of a century since we last had one of the Big Four play on this side of the pond, I'd say it's long overdue.

It would be better in Ireland if they had Finn Bálor eastablished near the top of the card in the next few years. If it were in London though I'd saw we'd all be over in it marking out hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Might get a lot of hate here for this but I don't get the hype around Paige at all.

Could someone tell me why WWE and many on here rate her so highly. Her in ring work isn't of the quality of some of newer NXT girls, has she even had a great match on the main roster. I know she's young but she was wrestling on the indy circuit for years and I was expecting someone who was one of the best around to put on very good diva matches. The whole anti Diva thing has gone down the toilet, it was the thing that made her stand out and now she's just another diva seen as she's on Total Diva's. I might cut her some slack on that one, cause I think it was probably more WWE throwing the gimmick on her rather then her mentioning it. Saying that she is somewhat over with the fans and WWE seem to promote her better then most male wrestlers. But aside from one or two moments she hasn't done anything that's been out of this world.

She's nice looking, but not stand out in the diva's division. does anyone else not get the hype about Paige?

She's good. But I'd place a lot of them ahead of her. Becky Lynch, is easily lightyears ahead of her, which isn't surprising given the amount of experience that she has under her belt. But even the likes of Charlotte, who I see people often criticising for not "getting it" seems to have progressed more than Paige has done in her 2 years on the main roster. Doing Tough Enough last year really damaged her I think, playing the role of the Simon Cowell type whenever they were addressing the contestants was just totally counter-productive I think. The "This is my house" stuff was a bit embarrassing as well. Having said all of that, I don't mind her too much but she's not one of the top women.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Paige was great during her early NXT days. But, I lost interest with her as soon she got called up to main roster. I don't like how she keeps flip flopping between heel and babyface more times than any other diva, she is best suited as a heel than a babyface.

That's true. The only time I really felt sympathy towards her was when she was in Team PCB, and that was only because of her being teamed with Becky Lynch and Charlotte back then.

im not a fan of paige since she came up to the main roster very bland really.

She also seems like she thinks shes above everyone, i really got this during tough enough. She also trys to come off as the anti diva but except for being pale she is the same as all the rest in terms of wanting to look good and clothes and stereotypical stuff like that

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I love Paige, but she's currently suffering from the years long issue of there seems to be an inability to really do more than one proper story for the Divas at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I think Paige coming onto the main roster as the anti diva was a bit pointless considering it's pretty much what AJ had already been doing. I still like her, she's still young and there's plenty of feuds there for her going forward but so far it's been very underwhelming unfortunately. I agree that she's a much better heel, I don't think her wrestling style fits when she's face.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

I agree, she's a much better heel than a face, but she's only a decent heel when creative give her something decent to do, not get cheap heat for mentioning Reid Flair for no good reason in a three week feud. Also, suddenly teaming with Natalya in order to promote Total Divas in three minute matches a while back was a cluster feck. But there is a lot of hope for her. Look at Natalya, didn't feature in the Divas Revolution (sic) but then had the best match of the card at Roadblock with Charlotte.

Hopefully there will be something decent for her to do at Wrestlemania and not an 8 woman mess of a match with around two minutes of fighting or storytelling per woman. Brie, Summer Rae, or Alicia don't have much going on but the likes of Paige, Naomi, and Natalya deserve a bigger spot, and the field needs to be opened up for when Bayley and Asuka make the step up.

Oh, and for the love of God, she *needs* to stop calling spots so loudly in the ring.

Well this wont be a popular thing eithier but sasha on the main roster has been very disappointing and not just due to bad booking.

Her matches just havent clicked yet and charlotte has had better matches even though most people think shes not good.

I hope that changes at mania as i think the triple threat has plenty of potential to be one of the best matches on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

I'd agree completely; Sasha has had feck all to do, she is nearly being rolled out as a part timer, coming in and squashing at certain events but not being involved in any major feuds.

Then again, Sasha had her big matches with Bayley and her exit from NXT to deal with more recently than the others, and Charlotte was always going to get the push as the mega heal, plus Charlotte (and arguably Becky) are more suited to the Raw, shorter match style than Sasha. I really think she will come good though, she is still insanely over with the crowd and just needs a series of matches with one opponent to really cement her place.

The Triple Threat match, if it is given the time it deserves, the place on the card it deserves, and no screwy finish, will be the highlight of the night. I have a sneaking feeling the Lasskicker could have a very special Wrestlemania moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Oh, and for the love of God, she *needs* to stop calling spots so loudly in the ring.

Not just me she is the John cena of the divas. It's very annoying and I watched main event from February against summer Rae. And again you could hear her calling stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

If they turn Roman heel, I think they'll probably make the mistake of turning him face again too quickly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Has Rosa Mendes been employed by WWE for longer than JTG was yet?

Yeah. She's been under contract for a decade later on this year, since the Diva Search was on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Paige is capable of having great matches. I think her match with Emma at first Takeover show is worth a watch. Just don't compare it with NXT takeover matches that had four horsewomen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement