Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The casuals I know despise Reigns, but adore Cena :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    The casuals I know despise Reigns, but adore Cena :pac:

I'd be a casual enough fan although I do browse in here quite a bit. Reigns should go away. He has absolutely zero charisma, main event for me will be lesnar v ambrose

skipper_G wrote: »
    I'd be a casual enough fan although I do browse in here quite a bit. Reigns should go away. He has absolutely zero charisma, main event for me will be lesnar v ambrose

Think we found Paul Heyman's Boards account :pac: :p, joking aside I agree with you on Reigns going away and having 0 charisma. He has nothing to offer except that he's the type of guy Vince likes Wrestler wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

That's all it takes though to get to the top in the WWE, isn't it? As long as Vince likes someone they'll be pushed as long and as hard as he keeps interest in it. I hope he loses interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Think we found Paul Heyman's Boards account :pac: :p, joking aside I agree with you on Reigns going away and having 0 charisma. He has nothing to offer except that he's the type of guy Vince likes Wrestler wise.

I can neither confirm nor deny this, now I must go discuss Wrestlemania plans with my client......something something 1 in 21 & 1 :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Rather excited, looking at heading over to England in July to see another Rev Pro Wrestling show :D So far Ishii and Shibata are on the card, they usually have good wrestlers at their stuff. Went over for a show last year, had AJ Styles, Nakamura, Ishii, Roderick Strong, Matt Sydal, Will Ospreay, Marty Scurll, Colt Cabana, and Grado at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Smackdown was ok this week, shame that nobody cares enough to make threads anymore. While it loses points on total lack of storyline development (which may be a plus now) it basically removes the need to endure Raw with highlights. That is easier to consume via Review a Raw now anyway :p
    Lovin' how vindicated John Pollock feels about Shane vs Taker :o

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Drew eventually ending up in TNA while we see Big Show and Kane on Raw annoys me.

EC3 sounds more like Kurt Angle everyday.

So what's happening on Impact this week? I've been so busy with work that I haven't seen it. A big regret of mine is that I missed Drew Galloway's match when he was wrestling in Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

So what's happening on Impact this week? I've been so busy with work that I haven't seen it. A big regret of mine is that I missed Drew Galloway's match when he was wrestling in Castlebar.

He was wrestling in Castlebar? Damn it, I work over there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Laurel_Patente

What time is 'Mania slated to start/finish at on this side of the pond?

Starts at midnight, finishes around 4.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    He was wrestling in Castlebar? Damn it, I work over there!
    Yeah. He was there in September of 2014 on a show that had Christ Masters vs. Carlito.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Hey someone did a Trips/Reigns version of the My Way video.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

The preshow starts at 10pm, which will have a few matches too

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

In a way I'm a little relieved Cesaro is injured at the moment, because I feel sure that if he was active now he'd have been stuck in the League of Nations, and wasted yet again.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A lot of places are tipping WM to over run by 10-15 minutes this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Straight Edge Punk

Hey someone did a Trips/Reigns version of the My Way video.

It just doesn't get the blood flowing like the original one does it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah. He was there in September of 2014 on a show that had Christ Masters vs. Carlito.

Chris Master doing that son of God Gimmick huh, ha?

269892_10150332469937985_774142984_9641677_7072391_n1.jpg

I kid,I kid

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

It just doesn't get the blood flowing like the original one does it?
    Roman Reigns is in this one, after all. I can't blame ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After his appearance at Mania, I've decided Cena reminds me of Angle in the way he embraces the "You suck" chants

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

CastorTroy wrote: »
    After his appearance at Mania, I've decided Cena reminds me of Angle in the way he embraces the "You suck" chants

Difference is though that Edge started those chants during his feud with Kurt Angle when Angle was a heel so it kind've stuck with him after that as a running gag. But with Cena, they just boo him because they really do think he sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I love the Miz, the guy knows his character incredibly well and runs with it. He deserved a brief main event run and it's a shame it wasn't booked better, but as an upper midcarder he's really great, able to get heat, able to sell extremely well (not necessarily moves, but no one quite does an utterly humiliated face like him).

He's just extremely fun. There was a patch while they were burying him after the failed main event run where I thought I was just deluded beforehand, but the guy stuck it out and has carved himself a very nice niche.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

On the other end of the scale, I can't stand Lita and dont understand why they keep bringing her back to talk. She's an interminable bore.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I love the Miz, the guy knows his character incredibly well and runs with it. He deserved a brief main event run and it's a shame it wasn't booked better, but as an upper midcarder he's really great, able to get heat, able to sell extremely well (not necessarily moves, but no one quite does an utterly humiliated face like him).

He's just extremely fun. There was a patch while they were burying him after the failed main event run where I thought I was just deluded beforehand, but the guy stuck it out and has carved himself a very nice niche.

Yeah he is excellent in terms of the non-wrestling stuff, he's not terrible at that either, but he isn't among the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

On the other end of the scale, I can't stand Lita and dont understand why they keep bringing her back to talk. She's an interminable bore.

She works backstage as an agent i think so i say shes there anyway so they use her.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

<snip>

Fixed that for you.

MOD: no you didnt.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Chris Master doing that son of God Gimmick huh, ha?

269892_10150332469937985_774142984_9641677_7072391_n1.jpg

I kid,I kid
    Ha ha, I never noticed that I spelled it wrong. Where is that picture from though? It looks pretty cool. The couple of times I've seen Chris Masters at these small shows he's done pretty well in the matches, makes it fairly entertaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Angron wrote: »
    In a way I'm a little relieved Cesaro is injured at the moment, because I feel sure that if he was active now he'd have been stuck in the League of Nations, and wasted yet again.

League of Nations could have been great but should have been a trio though. Del Rio seems like the odd one out and should have been kept as a group of Europeans instead with Lana as their mouth piece. Could have had Rusev as your monster heel, Seamus and Barrett as a tag team if Barrett wasn't so injury prone.

Always thought that if they brought in the Forever Hooligans and put them with Rusev when he was at his monster heel mother Russia stage could have been a good group. Drop the ball big time with him and the Forever Hooligans would have made a nice addition to the tag team scene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

League of Nations could have been great but should have been a trio though. Del Rio seems like the odd one out and should have been kept as a group of Europeans instead with Lana as their mouth piece. Could have had Rusev as your monster heel, Seamus and Barrett as a tag team if Barrett wasn't so injury prone.

Always thought that if they brought in the Forever Hooligans and put them with Rusev when he was at his monster heel mother Russia stage could have been a good group. Drop the ball big time with him and the Forever Hooligans would have made a nice addition to the tag team scene.

Speaking of russev. I saw it mentioned that russev was the only one to get any offense on the legends(stone cold) and he got some good offense and he sold the stunner like a boss too. I watched it back and he did. Maybe it says alot about austin that he isn't afraid to get the current guys over.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement