Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

CastorTroy wrote: »
    And then they fee him to Corbin

Well yeah, but I've seen people in other forums posting about how his 24 hour title reign was a joke, and they probably shouldn't have put the title on him if he was only going to hold it a short time. But the way I see it, while it is sad, it was probably a big moment for Ryder nonetheless so i'm happy that he had his moment, even if i'm not a fan of his.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

As a lifelong Ghostbusters fan, it was nice for me to see Zack Ryder get to tick a huge achievement off of his bucket list at WrestleMania. However I think Michael Cole said he finally got to hear his music play at WrestleMania and it was over in less than 30 seconds entering.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

As a lifelong Ghostbusters fan, it was nice for me to see Zack Ryder get to tick a huge achievement off of his bucket list at WrestleMania. However I think Michael Cole said he finally got to hear his music play at WrestleMania and it was over in less than 30 seconds entering.

He got to hear it twice. Once when he came in, and again when he won.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

With NXT showing Bobby Roode and Kota Ibushi on screen, Edge and Christian among others mentioning Bullet Club, with John Layfield mentioning NJPW and with this Global Cruiserweight Tournament being made using outside companies, how awesome would the CM Punk 'leaving' storyline from 2011 have been if that was the case then? He threatened to take the belt elsewhere and defend it there. Vince's mission was to do anything to stop that happening, even going as far as to have ADR attempt a cash-in as well as figuratively getting into bed with babyface John Cena.

On that note, the Pipebomb gets all the plaudits but for my money (in the bank...ugh) this promo package is as good as any I've ever seen. Has that renegade nWo feel about it. Check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Watching back on that promo and seeing the talent that has come in over the last few years, missed opportunity's galore would be an understatement. Even just thinking off the matches Punk could've had, had he just gone home to recharge his batteries and not have been fired.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    He got to hear it twice. Once when he came in, and again when he won.
    Well yeah, obviously. But what I mean was in that instance I felt kind of bad for him because Michael Cole mentioned that and then it was over almost straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

This seems like the best place to put this. I got blocked by Shawn Michaels on Twitter last night and he then seemed to go on a blocking rampage. So dont tweet about Shawn unless its ultra positive

• Registered Users Posts: 60,621 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

LeeJM wrote: »
    This seems like the best place to put this. I got blocked by Shawn Michaels on Twitter last night and he then seemed to go on a blocking rampage. So dont tweet about Shawn unless its ultra positive

I got to ask what did you say about Shawn for him to block you?

Ah to be fair I totally deserved to be blocked. @RyanClingman has been trying to get blocked by Shawn for ages so I suggested some things to say. I suggested he ask him which eye he uses to look down the sight on his gun the good one or the not so good one. And that he tell him Brets matches with the other Kliq members were better than his

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Ye have little to be at...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I'm blocked by Lance Storm, Bryan Alvarez and Jim Ross. Can't remember what for but these three block for the flimsiest reasons. Meh, tis only Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

I'm blocked by Lawler for making fun of his shirt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Ageyev wrote: »
    I'm blocked by Lance Storm, Bryan Alvarez and Jim Ross. Can't remember what for but these three block for the flimsiest reasons. Meh, tis only Twitter.

Alvarez I'm surprised. JR - you dodged a bullet. When Chyna passed his first post was a link to a pay dirtsheet site. His second was how her death affected his podcast.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Alvarez I'm surprised. JR - you dodged a bullet. When Chyna passed his first post was a link to a pay dirtsheet site. His second was how her death affected his podcast.

What an old carny b*stard he truly is! Best commentator of all time but I get the feeling hes just an awful person :(

Alvarez rants on his podcasts about how threatening to block people if they Tweet certain things to him. Not surprised at all myself. The guy is a spa, a rich spa but a spa nonetheless.

All of me Twitter blocks to these guys were relatively innocuous and perhaps sarcastic, tongue in cheek tweets.

LeeJM wrote: »
    What an old carny b*stard he truly is! Best commentator of all time but I get the feeling hes just an awful person :(

The cat was let out of the bag after he finished up with WWE.

Definitely the use of smilies are needed with complete strangers over the internet, I'm guessing wrestling celebrities in general take text the wrong way.

Definitely the use of smilies are needed with complete strangers over the internet, I'm guessing wrestling celebrities in general take text the wrong way.

Yeah fair enough but you'd think the well off people working in wrestling could tolerate one sarcastic tweet. A slew of abusive tweets or constant jabs are one thing but there are some who are a a bit prima donna about it. Especially Alvarez who refers to his customers as geeks. Alas I digress. Talking Sheet at SheetSandwich.com have documented his rants vefy well :)

A couple of weeks ago I went to look at A.J Styles' Twitter page and found that I had been blocked by him. I have no recollection of ever having tweeted at him, or interacting with him. I'm sure I must have at some stage, but can't remember what. Also, Maffew blocked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I’m only blocked by two:

Josh Matthews : I criticised his commentary without tagging him in it. He replied after clearly vanity searching and called me a geek in reply, asking what would a geek like me know.

Davey Richards : He and his partner use the term Wolves Nation to describe their fan base. I tagged him explaining that the term didn't roll off the tongue and was bad grammar. He responeded by calling me a moron and blocked me.

Seriously thinned skinned are these lads. I’m no troll, but these lads, esp the TNA lads can’t take any negative comments. Eric Young, Bully Ray (when he was there), Austin Aries, Matthews, Bob Ryder, John Garibunk and Shane helms all have a history of going nuts against fans who criticise them in recent times.

Stereo, what did you do to get blocked by Maffew? Must have been something pretty ****ty, he's a sound lad.

Kenny43 wrote: »
    Leo voradkar, I want to fart in your face

Ok then

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Bit funny that Mathews can't take criticism given how much of an obnoxious arsehole he is to people.

Blocked after a vanity search & give out is hilarious. What a knob!

I recently found out Nash blocked me -- funnily enough I saw a tweet of his and was going to block him but he beat me to it! I've never @'ed him though, wonder how it came about.

Tony Schiavone blocked me ages ago despite me never having said a bad word about him on twitter, shame. Think he blocked me after he blocked @WCWworldwide, who also only says good things about Schiavone!

Blocked after a vanity search & give out is hilarious. What a knob!

I recently found out Nash blocked me -- funnily enough I saw a tweet of his and was going to block him but he beat me to it! I've never @'ed him though, wonder how it came about.

Tony Schiavone blocked me ages ago despite me never having said a bad word about him on twitter, shame. Think he blocked me after he blocked @WCWworldwide, who also only says good things about Schiavone!

Ah a lot of wrestlers vanity search, hence how they work. Can work in other ways though like when Bayley liked an article I wrote of VoW without being tagged. Made my day it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭CSF

The most famous person to have blocked me is Mick Wallace, I feel so insignificant.

CSF wrote: »
    The most famous person to have blocked me is Mick Wallace, I feel so insignificant.

it just makes you a nice fella

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

I got blocked by Steen for telling him to stop breaking kayfabe.

Whoops!

Think that's it.

I blocked he who should not be named because he's unremittingly misogynistic & awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Kurt Angle follows me and Scott Hall wrote back to me, thats the extent of my twitter celeb interaction!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Sirsok wrote: »
    Kurt Angle follows me and Scott Hall wrote back to me, thats the extent of my twitter celeb interaction!

Mine is that the Foo Fighters follow me, and I have no idea why :pac:

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I’m only blocked by two:

Josh Matthews : I criticised his commentary without tagging him in it. He replied after clearly vanity searching and called me a geek in reply, asking what would a geek like me know.

Davey Richards : He and his partner use the term Wolves Nation to describe their fan base. I tagged him explaining that the term didn't roll off the tongue and was bad grammar. He responeded by calling me a moron and blocked me.

Seriously thinned skinned are these lads. I’m no troll, but these lads, esp the TNA lads can’t take any negative comments. Eric Young, Bully Ray (when he was there), Austin Aries, Matthews, Bob Ryder, John Garibunk and Shane helms all have a history of going nuts against fans who criticise them in recent times.

Stereo, what did you do to get blocked by Maffew? Must have been something pretty ****ty, he's a sound lad.

Ok then
    I can't remember but he's definitely not as sound a lad as me and I'm not ****ty. :D

• Advertisement

Probably a sarcastic tweet without the use of smilies! Exclamation marks and emoticons can't be understated when poking fun (unless they know you personally)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement