Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

A wise man called Jaykhunter advised me of this one time and I always try to remember it. There's a handful of people I blocked. The most recent one was The Fray Movemt. That guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

All Hail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

A wise man called Jaykhunter advised me of this one time and I always try to remember it. There's a handful of people I blocked. The most recent one was The Fray Movemt. That guy!

I actually find that guy funny because he seems to annoy so many.

There is so many crazy fans on twitter cant blame some wrestlers from blocking people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I wonder if being tagged in tweets leads to blocking. I don't think ye are dealing with the most tech savvy people or perhaps they just hate wrestling fans. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Ah come on Brother Fray is hilarious. His recent Southern Indies v European gimmick has been great. And he is well connected to some people so hes a good follow for the scoops too

• Advertisement

sky88 wrote: »
    I actually find that guy funny because he seems to annoy so many.

There is so many crazy fans on twitter cant blame some wrestlers from blocking people.
    He's a ****in douchebag who thinks he can just say what he likes to people, as far as I can see. Most of these guys are just marks for themselves after everything. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

LeeJM wrote: »
    Ah come on Brother Fray is hilarious. His recent Southern Indies v European gimmick has been great. And he is well connected to some people so hes a good follow for the scoops too

I agree, I wouldnt take Fray too serious, most of his schick is all in good fun.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is it just me or is Reign's title run giving anyone flashbacks to Diesel's run in 1995?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Loughc wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Reign's title run giving anyone flashbacks to Diesel's run in 1995?

Its not just you good sir. While I dont see it myself, ive seen plenty of pics online comparing the two.

They are two different guys in two different eras IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think the main things the two have in common are not being as over as Vince wants, and a smaller guy being far more popular (HBK and Bryan/Seth/Dean respectively)

• Advertisement

You've got pretty much half a roster of guys who are more over than Roman Reigns at the moment. I know it was Dublin but Sheamus was surprisingly more over than him here last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,621 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Maybe Regins will jump ship to TNA and kick start another era Pro wrestling lol

• Registered Users Posts: 60,621 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Who would have thought 18/12/6/3 months ago Machine Gun would have debuted on RAW/The Main Roster before Devitt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Who would have thought 18/12/6/3 months ago Machine Gun would have debuted on RAW/The Main Roster before Devitt.

Gallows also appearing on WWE again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Is it possible that this Bullet Club storyline could eventually lead to John Cena joining them and turning heel? I know Cena turning heel has been debated for years and nothing has happened, and maybe i'm wrong but remember when Hulk Hogan turned heel and joined forces with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall to create the NWO at Bash at the Beach 96. It was one of the biggest moments in wrestling history and turned the NWO into a huge thing. Imagine if they did that with Bullet Club.

I think most expect Finn Balór to debut on the main roster and join Anderson and Gallows, but what if some time down the line Cena turns and joins them too. It could be a big thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Is it possible that this Bullet Club storyline could eventually lead to John Cena joining them and turning heel? I know Cena turning heel has been debated for years and nothing has happened, and maybe i'm wrong but remember when Hulk Hogan turned heel and joined forces with Kevin Nash and Scott Hall to create the NWO at Bash at the Beach 96. It was one of the biggest moments in wrestling history and turned the NWO into a huge thing. Imagine if they did that with Bullet Club.

I think most expect Finn Balór to debut on the main roster and join Anderson and Gallows, but what if some time down the line Cena turns and joins them too. It could be a big thing.

Cena is way too dorky to be a Bullet Club type heel. So is Roman to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Since we're taking the comparison, you would have said Hulkster was too dorky for the uber cool NWO.

I am dying to see Cena turn because it will be exactly like Hogan turning. A real jaw dropping moment that has been years and years in the making.

If it plays out like the formation of the NWO I'll cry with joy.

Who is the last really really great heel?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I think Cena could pull it off. Not unlike Hogan did. He destroyed the Rock for 3 or 4 weeks when he had to drop the goofy stuff. He's done a great job of turning around a lot of the negativity in the last 18 months.

If they really went for it they could create the biggest thing in years. The credibility the other guys bring to it with Cena's mainstream popularity. I think they could sell more merch!

They really have no opponents though. Brock doesn't work as a face in that scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think at this stage it would be impossible to turn him heel he'd just become a tweener and cool heel. The people who boo him now would cheer him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

ShagNastii wrote: »

Who is the last really really great heel?

HHH in 2000/2001.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Having not watched them in Japan, I'm not too familiar with Bullet Club, but if they start throwing people into it, it could become more like the WWE version of NWO (Nash, Michaels, XPac, Booker, Hall) than the early WCW NWO.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Having not watched them in Japan, I'm not too familiar with Bullet Club, but if they start throwing people into it, it could become more like the WWE version of NWO (Nash, Michaels, XPac, Booker, Hall) than the early WCW NWO.

That's pretty much exactly what it was in Japan. loads of members, mostly not very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

cian68 wrote: »
    That's pretty much exactly what it was in Japan. loads of members, mostly not very good.

I'd say that's a bit harsh, I'd say the faction had become bloated but that the actual quality of the individual members was/is pretty decent. Only Yujiro Takahashi would be considered "not very good."

I'd say that's a bit harsh, I'd say the faction had become bloated but that the actual quality of the individual members was/is pretty decent. Only Yujiro Takahashi would be considered "not very good."

I didn't really enjoy watching Gallows wrestle or Bad Luck Fale but Fale delivered in the big spot enough that I could see how I'm being hard on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

so whos going to win the money in the bank match this year ???

id like Cesaro to win it or if Bray Wyatt is back id love to see him win

Have a feeling John Cena is going to win it. AJ Styles was my pick but hes getting a title shot at payback

wwe really needs a new cash in idea for whoever wins it. Maybe do a seth on it and cash it in out of the blue

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Palo Alto

Owens will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Zack Ryder's new gimmick - winning all ladder matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Reigns!.. nah ... could see Rollins coming back and winning it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Well well well overdue an RVD like cash in. "I want a title match at X date at X PPV". I loved when Kennedy post WM one year stated he was cashing in at the next years Mania.

Give us something special.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,933 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I think they should shorten the length of the money in the bank title shot. You shouldn't have a year. MITB is in June. Why not have the winner be guaranteed a title shot at survivor series ?

Then you can build through the summer. The champion could defend the title in the mean time,but have that story of in the back that they know who they are facing at survivor series.

Or am I being logical in that post ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement