Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Giving it a defined date in the year would take away from the surprise of MitB though, which is kind of what the whole thing is about.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

CSF wrote: »
    Cena is way too dorky to be a Bullet Club type heel. So is Roman to be fair.

Balor plays with bleedin' Lego. Anyone can be in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I think they should shorten the length of the money in the bank title shot. You shouldn't have a year. MITB is in June. Why not have the winner be guaranteed a title shot at survivor series ?

Then you can build through the summer. The champion could defend the title in the mean time,but have that story of in the back that they know who they are facing at survivor series.

Or am I being logical in that post ?

Should bring back King of the Ring, have it in September and give the winner the title shot survivor series. Gives you two months to build up a story line.

Should bring back King of the Ring, have it in September and give the winner the title shot survivor series. Gives you two months to build up a story line.

They started that idea with King of the Ring -> SummerSlam before. That's how Brock Lesnar won his first title in 2002. They discontinued the PPV after that though.

Unofficially happened before with Owen Hart vs Bret Hart, Mabel vs Diesel and Kurt Angle vs Steve Austin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Did it happen for Booker T too? I remember he got a title match against Mysterio after he won King of the Ring, but I can't remember if he was given one cause he was King, or if he had to do a number one contenders match type of a thing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

A PPV special event like a King of the Ring or a Money in the Bank having a specific date for a title shot takes a slight bit of prestige away from the Royal Rumble. At least I think that was their thinking behind dropping the KotR title shot stip.

Id love to see Primo and Epico return with a manager (not Rosa Mendes). They are a solid tag team and while bland as personalities I think if they had a manager who could speak for them they could defo get over. Dunno who I would have as their manager though. Zeb wouldnt fit and he is done with WWE anyway. Heyman, nope. Of people who work for the company Id love to see Arn Anderson as a manager. He was great as Horsemen spokesman in 98 and 99 and was manager of Malenko and B***** when they had a great tag run in that period.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,794 ✭✭✭✭briany

LeeJM wrote: »
    A PPV special event like a King of the Ring or a Money in the Bank having a specific date for a title shot takes a slight bit of prestige away from the Royal Rumble. At least I think that was their thinking behind dropping the KotR title shot stip.

Id love to see Primo and Epico return with a manager (not Rosa Mendes). They are a solid tag team and while bland as personalities I think if they had a manager who could speak for them they could defo get over. Dunno who I would have as their manager though. Zeb wouldnt fit and he is done with WWE anyway. Heyman, nope. Of people who work for the company Id love to see Arn Anderson as a manager. He was great as Horsemen spokesman in 98 and 99 and was manager of Malenko and B***** when they had a great tag run in that period.

They should have Carlito back and have Colón reunion with him being their manager and/or occasional tag team partner. Carlito's a natural mouthpiece and shoving his apple in Wood's trumpet would work great as a spot in a New Day feud.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Loughc wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Reign's title run giving anyone flashbacks to Diesel's run in 1995?

Nah you're crazy! :p

26588478042_5dbe3882e8_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Bray is the ideal person to hold MITB IMO. He needs something and his intro would lend very well to a big MITB moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can a non official participant win it? Has there ever been an instance of that happening in a ladder match where someone else came in that wasn't in the match, climbed the ladder and took the prize? I seem to remember it being attempted, at least

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Loughc wrote: »
    Is it just me or is Reign's title run giving anyone flashbacks to Diesel's run in 1995?

Welcome to 2015 :/

(People were talking similar)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

King of the Ring was great in the 90's especially the first with Bret Hart showing why he was the best wrestler in the world, wrestling two very good matches and one classic in one night. I thought they didn't quite get it back to that standard after that although the Stone Cold one is still awesome.

I think they should leave MITB for WM, cut that PPV show. Put KOTR in it's place and actually use it to build up a new main eventer instead of putting it on someone who they won't push (Barrett and Regal) or someone who doesn't need it (Sheamus). Have the Title match on the card but use the rest of the night with semi finals of KOTR then final, give them plenty of time to shine.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can a non official participant win it? Has there ever been an instance of that happening in a ladder match where someone else came in that wasn't in the match, climbed the ladder and took the prize? I seem to remember it being attempted, at least

You're not a million miles off. At WrestleMania 24, Matt Hardy returned from a lengthy absence and interfered in the MITB match costing MVP the briefcase.

He didn't attempt to grab it himself but I walways felt he should have taken it. He was actually white hot on his return here and the next night went on to have a grudge match with Randy Orton who was WWE Champion and had been the one to take his brother Jeff out of action. Would've been a nice fresh feud, especially having the MITB cash-in option available.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Omackeral wrote: »
    You're not a million miles off. At WrestleMania 24, Matt Hardy returned from a lengthy absence and interfered in the MITB match costing MVP the briefcase.

He didn't attempt to grab it himself but I walways felt he should have taken it. He was actually white hot on his return here and the next night went on to have a grudge match with Randy Orton who was WWE Champion and had been the one to take his brother Jeff out of action. Would've been a nice fresh feud, especially having the MITB cash-in option available.

Would love if they did this with bray have the lights go out and bray on top of the ladder and grabs it.

Bray with the briefcase could be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I seem to remember Vickie Guerrero making an attempt at climbing the ladder in a MITB match a few years ago, got a big pop.

One of the video games had it as a storyline in the career mode or whatever they were calling it then. If I recall correctly, Trish climbed the ladder to steal the WWE title when she was managing whoever the player was fighting.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

J. Marston wrote: »
    I seem to remember Vickie Guerrero making an attempt at climbing the ladder in a MITB match a few years ago, got a big pop.

Ah yeah think I remember that mainly for seeing clips of Eddie getting angry because she missed her cue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

CastorTroy wrote: »

Not quite the same thing ... but I do remember here was a battle royale after the invasion where the winner couldn't be fired. Test attacked Scotty Too Hotty, took his spot, and won the match, ensuring he couldn't be fired. (After he had defected from team WWF to team WCW/ECW.

Similar to that, there was the EC match Edge won after he ambushed Kofi on his way into the Chamber, stealing his pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Are ye over shooting how great KOTR is/was.

Sure it has given a few guys a rub but you can count on one hand the amount of really enjoyable KOTR events and entertaining "kings". But in the scheme of things I'd class it as a very very very poor man's Rumble.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

KotR is good if it's treated as a big deal.

It's own PPV, 8 man tournament, no other title match on the card, except maybe tag titles.

Make it a big deal and people see it as a big deal.

The problem is that they try to give people a stupid King gimmick after they win it.

Owen made it work as the King of Harts and Booker just embraced how ridiculous it was and just had fun with it, but Sheamus looked like a sap, and so do most people who win.

Just treat the winner as a big deal and give them a push because of it. That's all that's needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Actually like Aj Styles so far in the WWE. He's a solid worker and is OK on the mic.

Top 3 for ATM is aj styles,Dean Ambrose and Kevin Owens.

Can't wait for Seth to come back but have a bad feeling WWE will feck him up.

They should do a network version of KOTR

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    They should do a network version of KOTR

They did last year. Although it was only the semis and final. But it achieved nothing. If anything it ruined the Bad News Barrett gimmick.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So apparently Reigns and The Usos have turned Twitter heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

The problem is that they try to give people a stupid King gimmick after they win it.

Owen made it work as the King of Harts and Booker just embraced how ridiculous it was and just had fun with it, but Sheamus looked like a sap, and so do most people who win.

Just treat the winner as a big deal and give them a push because of it. That's all that's needed.

I don't mind that. It makes sense for some people, cheesy heels who kinda need direction, and gives them something to work with. Then other people (think Brock) just ignore that side of it because it doesn't suit their character.

Booker was probably my favourite King of the Ring, just for how absolutely absurd his attempt at a British accent was.

Worst would probably be Barrett for ruining BNB, or Mabel. Fecking Mabel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

ASUKA, BRAH!

ChKcejTW4AA32dB.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Who is that Bayley fan, she's more famous then half the WWE roster lol. She always in the front row and Bayley always goes over to her straight away before her matches for a hug. Wasn't their a tweet about her been carried out in tears when Bayley lost the title to Asuka lol. Anything Bayley related she's there. Her and her parents must be making a few dollars from this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Guys have you watched Madusa's stuff in WCW when they brought in women to work with her from Japan?

I'm not patronising them but they put on matches which were equal to many of the men's matches on the card. Pure technical wrestling.

A far higher standard than what we see from any of the girls in NXT today. The NXT girls are not pioneers, this has been done before and it has been done far better by other women.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Guys have you watched Madusa's stuff in WCW when they brought in women to work with her from Japan?

I'm not patronising them but they put on matches which were equal to many of the men's matches on the card. Pure technical wrestling.

A far higher standard than what we see from any of the girls in NXT today. The NXT girls are not pioneers, this has been done before and it has been done far better by other women.

Joshis were at pop star level in the 90s. Teen girls wanted to be them, there adults crying at some of their matches such was the level of emotions they could stir in the audience.

You're right that NXT isn't breaking ground (pardon the pun) but part of NXT's appeal and critical success is the WWE production values* and all that that entails eg. The Network

*even though they still shake the camera too much

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement