Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Enzo is young, he has a few years in the ring ahead of him. I see him having a career like The Miz (if we forget his main event run): just another body to fill up the roster when it comes to in-ring stuff, but an absolute asset on the mic and elsewhere, and capable of having a long run - possibly a job for life - if he plays it right. I could easily see him outlasting Cass in WWE. How many dozens of wrestlers like Cass have we seen get a run in WWE then petter out?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

leggo wrote: »
    Enzo is young, he has a few years in the ring ahead of him. I see him having a career like The Miz (if we forget his main event run): just another body to fill up the roster when it comes to in-ring stuff, but an absolute asset on the mic and elsewhere, and capable of having a long run - possibly a job for life - if he plays it right. I could easily see him outlasting Cass in WWE. How many dozens of wrestlers like Cass have we seen get a run in WWE then petter out?

4,831 but who's counting :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'm hopeful for Cass, he's got good mic skills, particularly when compared to the other generic big guys that have been pushed before.

Imagine if Giant Gonzalez and the Great Khali had ever had a match, that would have been a masterpiece of misery.

Don't get me wrong, he absolutely could become a big star. The guy has upside for days and is probably already better on the mic than Roman Reigns, we just don't know yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

LeeJM wrote: »
    4,831 but who's counting :pac:

I've heard people compare Crews to Bobby Lashley so there's him too that could getmlost in the mix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I love Enzo and Cass but (as they have been compared to several times) I'd see them more as New Age Outlaws than say Edge and Christian.

I hope and can envisage them having stellar careers in the WWE but personally I can see neither cracking into the main event scene.

Enzo is lightening on the mic and has charisma unlike anyone is years but his size and in-ring ability let him down. Cass is great especially with Enzo as his mouthpiece but I can't be alone in thinking he lacks that certain something to be class as a true "big man".

Sure he is 7 feet TALL but comparing him to the likes of Sid, Gonzalez, early Taker, Earthquake, Big Show, Khali, Henry- the last thing you would call him is a behemoth.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One thing that struck me about Cass at Payback was when he was in ring with Aiden English, he wasn't actually much taller than him. I know WWE like to exaggerate heights or weights, but either Cass is a fair bit short of 7 foot, or English is a lot taller than he seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Angron wrote: »
    One thing that struck me about Cass at Payback was when he was in ring with Aiden English, he wasn't actually much taller than him. I know WWE like to exaggerate heights or weights, but either Cass is a fair bit short of 7 foot, or English is a lot taller than he seems.

I think cass is 6 foot 7.

Corbin is the same i think the say hes 6 6 but he doesnt look much bigger then 6 3 or 6 4

• Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ShagNastii wrote: »
    I love Enzo and Cass but (as they have been compared to several times) I'd see them more as New Age Outlaws than say Edge and Christian.

I hope and can envisage them having stellar careers in the WWE but personally I can see neither cracking into the main event scene.

Enzo is lightening on the mic and has charisma unlike anyone is years but his size and in-ring ability let him down. Cass is great especially with Enzo as his mouthpiece but I can't be alone in thinking he lacks that certain something to be class as a true "big man".

Sure he is 7 feet TALL but comparing him to the likes of Sid, Gonzalez, early Taker, Earthquake, Big Show, Khali, Henry- the last thing you would call him is a behemoth.
    I think Cass would be more Roman Reigns than Big Show/Khali type booking as a singles guy though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

CSF wrote: »
    I think Cass would be more Roman Reigns than Big Show/Khali type booking as a singles guy though.

And you can't teach that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭briany

Angron wrote: »

Cass stated on the Austin podcast that his shoot height is 6'9. He is definitely not of a stocky big man build, that's for sure. I keep thinking that Vince will be looking at him as Test pt. 2, and Enzo will be teaming with R-Truth on Superstars and Main Event in a year's time.

briany wrote: »
    Cass stated on the Austin podcast that his shoot height is 6'9. He is definitely not of a stocky big man build, that's for sure. I keep thinking that Vince will be looking at him as Test pt. 2, and Enzo will be teaming with R-Truth on Superstars and Main Event in a year's time.

I reckon Cass is definitely the one they've plans for going forward alright. Had it been Cass who got injured on Sunday I'm not convinced they would have had Enzo carry on the story into Raw.

I think if they do decide to push Big Cass as a singles guy then they need to change up his look. Cut that awful hair and get something to cover up his upper body which just looks strange on such a big guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think if they do decide to push Big Cass as a singles guy then they need to change up his look. Cut that awful hair and get something to cover up his upper body which just looks strange on such a big guy.

I reckon the upper body isn't too bad. The huge high tights don't do him any favours.

Definately get rid of the hair. I still can't shake the Looks like Edge vibe though!

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I reckon the upper body isn't too bad. The huge high tights don't do him any favours.

Definately get rid of the hair. I still can't shake the Looks like Edge vibe though!

If Vince gets wind of that Edge vibe and reads Cass discussed in the same terms as Reigns, he is already the next Royal Rumble winner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭briany

CSF wrote: »
    I reckon Cass is definitely the one they've plans for going forward alright. Had it been Cass who got injured on Sunday I'm not convinced they would have had Enzo carry on the story into Raw.

Enzo would be too entertaining to be kept out of the mix right now. I just think Vince will eventually make a play to position Big Cass as an upper midcard to main event guy, maybe after telling him to bulk up a bit. Vince probably sees Enzo as a comedy guy, which he is, he's the mouth of the team, but as such he'd never go beyond that R-Truth/Santino slot. To be fair, there's only so much you can do with a tag team, and WWE seems to have a blind spot to the idea that you can have wrestlers compete in both singles and tag matches. Hopefully, those two guys can mature enough in the next 6 months to a year before WWE finally decides to split them up.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hopefully, those two guys can mature enough in the next 6 months to a year before WWE finally decides to split them up.

I'm pretty certain they'll have Big Cass turn on Enzo before 2016 is over.

Enzo reminds of road dogg. he is obviously great on the mic but in the ring falls short. he would make a good midcard talent but will always be better as a tag team.

Enzo would be too entertaining to be kept out of the mix right now.

If he is gonna be out of the ring for a while I'd definitely throw him in a wheelchair and milk the concussion thing.

His stuff in NXT when he was injured was priceless. Part of his charm is his ludicrous-ness. There was never a more ludicrous period than his stint scooting around running his mouth in Orlando.

I love talk from the dirtsheets about who Vince/WWE are "big on", especially when it comes to Tag teams. Big Cass is going to be the new Shad. He was being touted big before Crymetyme split.

An aside, I remember clearly around the time Miz and Nitro got together and rumours online saying they were being pipped as the next HHH n HBK. I laughed hard at that one. But fast forward a year or two and the duo truly were top end superstars with main-event credibility.

Yeah I'd lump Cass into more of the category of a Reigns, Test, Chris Masters than Mark Henry, Big Show, Kane etc. He's an athletic big guy as opposed to a special attraction. The problem he'll have to overcome is being too vanilla and getting caught in the upper-midcard shuffle. I think he's great in the role he's in now, by the way, it's just in terms of him having main event potential and/or long-term sustainability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm pretty certain they'll have Big Cass turn on Enzo before 2016 is over.

How long has New Day been around for now? About two year or something? I reckon if they can stay over with the fans, they could be together for quite some time. I mean APA lasted about 4 years give or take, and Edge & Christian about 3 years.

Anyway I don't really mind Colin Cassidy's look. His body is a bit weird but it's not cringeworthy like Chris Hero or Kevin Owen's bodies.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    How long has New Day been around for now? About two year or something? I reckon if they can stay over with the fans, they could be together for quite some time. I mean APA lasted about 4 years give or take, and Edge & Christian about 3 years.

Anyway I don't really mind Colin Cassidy's look. His body is a bit weird but it's not cringeworthy like Chris Hero or Kevin Owen's bodies.

Why do you say their bodies are cringeworthy? Because they are overweight?

Speaking of hero what happened with his weight gain? Did he just stop caring . He was never in amazing but was always in good shape till a few years ago

I think he is a guy that has to really really bust his balls just to stay in shape. I remember him saying his diet was flawless when he was in NXT.

Might be wrong but didn't Colt Cabana say he was embracing his weight whilst in Japan to cast himself as a bit of a big 'Murican Hoss (like they used to make them).

Anyone see rusevs and lana interview on wwe.com rusev was brilliant in it. IVe always really liked him think he could be main event if he's he's given it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Why do you say their bodies are cringeworthy? Because they are overweight?

Perhaps cringeworthy was a little harsh, more that they don't have particularly great bodies. I don't know what Hero is like now but I remember him getting a lot of slack in WWE for being out of shape. Kevin Owens does look overweight, and I just don't think he has a great look. Although I don't think it changes much because Owens makes up for it with his wrestling ability and talent, but his look is probably his biggest flaw about him. The point I was trying to make though is that Colin Cassidy or Big Cass isn't all that bad in the looks department, at least compared to some of other wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,934 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    Anyone see rusevs and lana interview on wwe.com rusev was brilliant in it. IVe always really liked him think he could be main event if he's he's given it.

Just watched it there. Yes just yes strap a rocket to him and push him.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Rusev is a great laugh. Funny how Lana keeps slipping out of her Russian accent.

Genius move whoever decided to have Rusev talk as he does. It's surely no surprise, they've seen the potential and realised shouting jibberish in a foreign language instantly makes a superstar completely one demensional.

He's getting that US title and his second run is going to be the mutts nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

I can't see it being as meaningful as his first being paired with Cena. What mid card babyfaces is he going to work with and come out as dominant?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement