Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wonzy wrote: »
    I'm started to get bored of Shane O Mac as general manager.

There, I said it!

It's the Stephanie effect. She's poison, drags anyone within 50 feet of her down.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I've been watching some of the 1996 and 97 WCW PPVs recently and one thing which stands out is the commentary team of Dusty Rhodes, Tony Schivone and Bobby Heenan.

Heenan and Dusty are an absolute hoot. Dream goes off on these ridiculous long winded tangents and the quick witted Heenan keeps ripping the piss out of him.

It's a shame Heenan got ill, I would have loved to have seen him back in a WWE commentary booth in the 2000s.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://twitter.com/beckylynchwwe/status/736544028540440576

I actually love her. Becky balboa indeed.

Flicking through the channels earlier and Ziggler was on commentary on Main event (I think was the show) and he made me hate him more than I already do. Awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,495 ✭✭✭tinpib

Apologies if posted before but "The Resurrection of Jake the Snake" is on my local Netflix, I don't know about UK/Ire.

Good doc, not really biographical at all, it's all about his recent struggles with addiction.

Diamond Dallas Page comes across as a great guy. Scott Hall also features.

• Advertisement

tinpib wrote: »
    Apologies if posted before but "The Resurrection of Jake the Snake" is on my local Netflix, I don't know about UK/Ire.

Good doc, not really biographical at all, it's all about his recent struggles with addiction.

Diamond Dallas Page comes across as a great guy. Scott Hall also features.

I feel bad for saying it but I thought Jake was working us a lot of the time!

Especially the bit where he said Scott was slagging his hair cut and it was driving him to drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Best contract signing ever? I think so :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I really don't know what to say about that.... those wacky hardy's!

Has all of their feud been like that, however one would describe that?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Looks like TNA finally realised what a joke they've become and embraced it.

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

To quote the great Krusty the Clown , "What the hell was that?"

Seriously though, can someone explain what I just watched? Nero???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Endaaaagh wrote: »

So there is this drug called meth...........:pac:

TNA really are beyond a joke at this stage. I mean IWW on TWC had better production than that mess of a segment.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Endaaaagh wrote: »

Nero is actually Jeff Hardy's middle name! Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Matt looks like Rollins on meth.

I can't even guess what accent he's trying to do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Would be cool if WWE decided to do an old school themed episode of Smackdown with set design from 1999-2001.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

decided to check out what kind of a feud they could have had to lead to such a contract signing and jaysus I feel like im not on enough drugs to watch this (could be hilariously great fun otherwise I'd guess :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

With regards the Hardy video, I think the idea is that Matt has gone crazy and is now acting like an outlandish villain. When viewed from that perspective it's not quite so dreadful and there's some humour to be found.

Here's Bryan and Vinny's take on it:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The problem with it for me is that a Matt vs. Jeff feud should go nowhere near humour. While their feud in WWE in 2009 might not have been perfect (I'm probably one of the few who enjoyed it) they went in the right direction at least; bitterness, jealousy, violence. Not shît highlights, a warm and welcoming looking house and an awful table spot.

And that's just from the contract signing video, I can't imagine it gets much better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I was a teenager the first time I saw a Matt Hardy v Jeff Harvey feud in 2001. Now I'm a crippled aul fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I kinda want to watch Slammiversary now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Ageyev wrote: »
    I was a teenager the first time I saw a Matt Hardy v Jeff Harvey feud in 2001. Now I'm a crippled aul fella.

So are they that's what makes it even worse

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

If TNA were a dog I would kick it to death.

Only decent thing on the show is Bateman/EC3, mainly because he is a real hunk. Velvet isn't even around anymore to grind her flange on the ropes. All downhill from there. :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

I can't listen to Matthews and Burke/Pope.

I would like to watch Drew and some of the other talent but the two lads annoy me SO much.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Wonzy

WWE promoting Kurt angle quite a bit latetly. He's returning it's true, it's damn true.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kurt as the new Smackdown GM now that would be Awesome.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Kurt as the new Smackdown GM now that would be Awesome.

It wasn't awesome first time round :pac:

9ko1z6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Loughc wrote: »
    It wasn't awesome first time round :pac:

9ko1z6.jpg

Back in the days when a Reigns push meant Luther Reigns wheeling Kurt down the aisle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

DM_7 wrote: »
    I can't listen to Matthews and Burke/Pope.

I would like to watch Drew and some of the other talent but the two lads annoy me SO much.

for all that can be bad with wwe commentary those 2 are a whole new kind of terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

If TNA were a dog I would kick it to death.

Only decent thing on the show is Bateman/EC3, mainly because he is a real hunk. Velvet isn't even around anymore to grind her flange on the ropes. All downhill from there. :(

Maybe put the dog down and out of it's misery instead of the other method?

Weird using a sick dog as an analogy of TNA :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I see Sylvester LaForte and Marcus Louis are now in TNA as well

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

At least Eric Young isn't about anymore. I really found his schtick irritating. Not entertaining in the slightest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement