Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Wasn't it Rollins who spun it around his head?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wasn't it Rollins who spun it around his head?
    Yes he did. Not a fan of that either but the rock used to throw it over his head when on the turnbuckles prior to the match. You could see the side plates and the middle plate starting to come away from the leather part.

The thing that got me noticing the treatment of the world's title is that I'm up to the raw after kurt angle won the title and he had it around his waist and it looked right.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Guess you didn't like how Johnny Nitro carried the title then..

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Guess you didn't like how Johnny Nitro carried the title then..
    Of course I didn't lithium. Either around the waist or over the shoulder and the WORLD'S title should look like a world's title.

Also I loved trips when he wore the suits and had the title. Holding the title isn't the end of it. You should look and carry yourself like a champion IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Bubba Ray around the neck was great!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Reading articles about Bray Wyatt today and it got me thinking of WWE/Wrestling's great repackages. IMO they really do seem to have a fairly decent success rate. Stone Cold has to be the greatest example but there are so so many you would probably forget about.

I remember after the draft one year and the dirt sheets were saying WWE creative were planning to "The World's Largest Love Machine" Viscera into a One Man Gang style destroyer. I laughed when I read it but when Big Daddy V arrived in ECW I thought he was fairly bad ass.

Brodus Clay's was a complete repackage and when he debuted I won't lie, I marked hard for the dancing giant.

Event the ones that sucked had a great novelty. The Mountie, Repo Man etc. etc.

EDIT: LOL http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2007/0625/498803/viscera-set-for-gimmick-change-main-event-push/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

It's fun thinking about repackages alright. Amazing that Becky Lynch went from a stereotypical step-dancing Irish girl to being the star of arguably the best women's wrestling match in WrestleMania history.

All things considered, they've done a very good job with her! :)

Depp wrote: »
    Anyone else reckon Michael bisping would transfer well into WWE? say if his in ring work was even average he could do very well!

I think Bisping is too serious to venture near or fit into the WWE. When you have McGregor talking smack he can just tell he is doing it for the LOLZ. Bisping is a different beast.

I've never heard his views but I just know Bisping probably looks at Pro wrestling as a bit naff. Now, Chael Sonnen there is a guy that fought Bisping and a guy that would be fantastic in the WWE.

A complete mouth that doesn't take himself seriously. He has wrestlers on his podcast all the time and if Vince invited him to become involved with WWE he'd do it in a heartbeat.

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's fun thinking about repackages alright. Amazing that Becky Lynch went from a stereotypical step-dancing Irish girl to being the star of arguably the best women's wrestling match in WrestleMania history.

All things considered, they've done a very good job with her! :)

You'd wonder what she really thought of the Yaa-who diddly eye gimmick? Bets are she realised how cringey it was.

• Advertisement

ShagNastii wrote: »
    You'd wonder what she really thought of the Yaa-who diddly eye gimmick? Bets are she realised how cringey it was.

Isn't there a clip during the Finn balor network documentary where she says she didn't like it and she wasn't being true to herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Shockingly it was actually her gimmick that she'd used beforehand. I know, it's horrendous. Thankfully it was hated out of existence within weeks! She's still the goofy sidekick that takes the pinfall but it's way higher than where she was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Random Wrasslin' thought:
    Best Triple H matches?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Random Wrasslin' thought:
    Best Triple H matches?

Royal rumble 2000 vs foley

all his mania matches with taker

hbk vs hhh vs benoit

jericho vs hhh last man standing fully loaded

hell in a cell with hbk actually most of his matches with hbk were great

hhh/austin vs jericho/benoit

thats just some of my favourite sadly i cant enjoy 2 of those matches anymore because of benoit.

There are so many 4/5 star matches to choose from and it is HHH who did so much of the donkey work in all of them.

My personal favs are his matches with Foley at Royal Rumble and No Way Out 00.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I think I've seen it written off as a spot fest before but I loved the Hell in a Cell with Undertaker at Mania 28. This was the first Wrestlemania I watched in a group and everyone of us freaked out when HBK hit Sweet Chin Music to Taker (then falling into a Pedigree iirc) convinced the streak was over. So for that memory alone it'll go down as one of my favourites.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

HHH vs HBK at Summerslam '02 is one of my favourite matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

I think Bisping is too serious to venture near or fit into the WWE. When you have McGregor talking smack he can just tell he is doing it for the LOLZ. Bisping is a different beast.

I've never heard his views but I just know Bisping probably looks at Pro wrestling as a bit naff. Now, Chael Sonnen there is a guy that fought Bisping and a guy that would be fantastic in the WWE.

A complete mouth that doesn't take himself seriously. He has wrestlers on his podcast all the time and if Vince invited him to become involved with WWE he'd do it in a heartbeat.

chael would definitely do well, he mentioned in an interview before he had a wwe tryout before he started his mma career!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I always like this match with Rock.

Video quality is awful unfortunately.

Is goldust/ dustin Rhodes a future hall of famer ?

I think he is given how good a character he played. Goldust wouldn't have been as good as it was if it wasn't dustin Rhodes being the guy behind the paint IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Goldust should for me he played a huge if not key part of pushing the WWF's boundaries and over the 20 years since he debuted he has been able to reinvent the character.

The Razor Ramon character went into the HoF not Scott Hall so I don't see why the Goldust character can't.

Does Jeff Hardy have one more super over WWE babyface run in him?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Does Jeff Hardy have one more super over WWE babyface run in him?

He might if you believe what Meltzer has been reporting. Says WWE have made contact with Hardy, Angle, Mysterio, JoMo and possibly others to fill out the rosters with the brand split looming.

I reckon if it's true, they'll get two of them at most. I don't think there's much truth to it though.

Surely John Morrison is the only one there that can wrestle a fulltime schedule?

Would Melina let him return doesn't she rule the roost when it comes JoMo and there is no way she would get back into the WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Surely WWE wouldn't want Hardy or Angle now, given that one's a junkie and the other won't quit until his body does?

If I was JoMo I would jump. I was always puzzled when he left. At the time he had just broke through as a true main event after so long working to get there. Last part of his run he was over like rover.

IMO Hardy's last run had swansong written all over it. But if I'm being honest wouldn't be a bit surprised if he (and/or Matt) returned.

Funnily enough, talking of Angle, I was watching this week's Impact and they revealed the latest inductee to their Hall of Fame. They started with a recap of previous entrants. Was mad to see Earl Hebner is the only one who's still there

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

Chris Jericho's age seems to be catching up with him. He's starting to look a bit like Keith Chegwin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

Baron Corbin's torso has the same expression as his face

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement