Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

It's a bit annoying when a wrestler says something in Spanish or when Lilian Garcia announces in Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

They should be equal opportunity and have Lillian announce in other languages like announcing Shemus/Becky in Irish. And sure Shemus has spoken a wee bit of Irish as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Watching some of the old attitude era stuff and was wondering about Bradshaw (JBL)

Which character is closer to the real life john layfield ???

During his apa days he was a huge drinker , red neck type persona and then in the 2000's turned into a rich texan, financial expert later becoming a color commentator. 2 completely opposite personas and if u weren't a big wrestling fan and you compared both characters you would find it hard to believe it is the same person

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Watching some of the old attitude era stuff and was wondering about Bradshaw (JBL)

Which character is closer to the real life john layfield ???

During his apa days he was a huge drinker , red neck type persona and then in the 2000's turned into a rich texan, financial expert later becoming a color commentator. 2 completely opposite personas and if u weren't a big wrestling fan and you compared both characters you would find it hard to believe it is the same person

The funny thing about him is that the rich Texan gimmick is actually what he became in real life when he started having major success in the stock market. It probably changed his way of life a great deal. Haven't a clue what he was like as a person before his wealth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

martyos121 wrote: »
    The funny thing about him is that the rich Texan gimmick is actually what he became in real life when he started having major success in the stock market. It probably changed his way of life a great deal. Haven't a clue what he was like as a person before his wealth.

He was a bully. One of the locker room "enforcers". Im sure we all know about how he treated The Miz when he started in WWE. But ever since Joey Styles Ko'd him with one punch I think hes been a different man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A random thought is that the test vs Eddie Guerrero match at wrestlemania 17 was actually a great match. I'm not sure why Perry Saturn thought that hat looked good but still.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A random thought is that the test vs Eddie Guerrero match at wrestlemania 17 was actually a great match. I'm not sure why Perry Saturn thought that hat looked good but still.

Yea it was a really good match. I remember myself and a few friends thinking that he was gonna be made into a big deal after that match. Instead he got lost in the Invasion storyline.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Yea it was a really good match. I remember myself and a few friends thinking that he was gonna be made into a big deal after that match. Instead he got lost in the Invasion storyline.

The best storyline test was involved in was the marriage to Stephanie around 1999. It was an awesome storyline with triple h coming out of it a real bastard

The best storyline test was involved in was the marriage to Stephanie around 1999. It was an awesome storyline with triple h coming out of it a real bastard

It really wasn't. That storyline killed off Test. He had his wife to be get drugged and he did nothing about it. The feud with Shane leading up to dating/marrying Steph was brilliant. That was Tests best work.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

It really wasn't. That storyline killed off Test. He had his wife to be get drugged and he did nothing about it. The feud with Shane leading up to dating/marrying Steph was brilliant. That was Tests best work.

Test military pressing Shane & throwing him at the the Posse on the couch was more entertaining than anything I seen on WWE TV this year. :p

• Advertisement

The Posse would be like 4 times Tag Team Champs if they were around in this era

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

'The Product' is the most grating term since 'Fam'. But I can't remember what was used instead of it prior to the last 2-3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

The Posse would be like 4 times Tag Team Champs if they were around in this era

deservedly so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

In terms of massive moments that get overlooked- Lex Luger slamming Yoko on the USS Intrepid has to be well up there.

Probably like Luger himself being overlooked as Hulk Hogan-Lite but FFS he saved America by slamming the evil three tonne foreigner on a freakin' aircraft carrier.

Would love to see a moment like it in the present day.

Ah to be fair trips played that just PERFECT. I mean what he did to Steph storyline wise was obviously horrible and all but on the other hand you're saying "ya boyo ya." I thought Vince played a blinder in that storyline. He probably just thought of that really happening to Steph and brought out on screen.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Ah to be fair trips played that just PERFECT. I mean what he did to Steph storyline wise was obviously horrible and all but on the other hand you're saying "ya boyo ya." I thought Vince played a blinder in that storyline. He probably just thought of that really happening to Steph and brought out on screen.

I was only about 9 years old when this storyline happened and didn't quite understand what was going on fully lol but I was looking forward to Test and the mcmahons are going comondo on triple h lol.

Good old days. Another storyline that was weird was the mae young and Mark Henry love story. How anyone takes Mark Henry serious after that is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

20 years ago today

hulk-hogan-and-buddies-hulk-hogan-gifs.gif

Twenty years ago ? Christ I was eleven and now I feel old.

Also a random thought is that the revival and american alphas are the future of the tag team division. I saw the 2 out of 3 falls match from last night.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Who is in The Revival? I'm working away from home (and decent internet) and haven't seen a moment of wrestling in 5 or 6 weeks. I'm forgetting everything. :o

• Advertisement

An File wrote: »
    Who is in The Revival? I'm working away from home (and decent internet) and haven't seen a moment of wrestling in 5 or 6 weeks. I'm forgetting everything. :o

Scott dawson and dash wilder. Serious in-ring talents. A lot of old school touches and have a brainbusters (arn and tully blanchard) feel to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Got approached by a guy in a dapper suit today as I was having my lunch. He goes ''hey man, just have to say I love the shirt, couldn't resist coming over and saying hi, I'm a big Shinsuke fan''. I was wearing a King of Strong Style Nakamura one. We basically chatted for around 15 minutes about the ins and outs of the business, including the latest NXT show in Dublin, while we dined in a food court. He was a barrister and I'm a prison guard, hardly what you think of when you think of two internet wrestling fans. He said it was so cool to have someone to talk with about it as his work people and friends aren't into it. It was a pretty awesome and surreal moment. Ya have to love the wrestling community, it's like a brotherhood.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    Got approached by a guy in a dapper suit today as I was having my lunch. He goes ''hey man, just have to say I love the shirt, couldn't resist coming over and saying hi, I'm a big Shinsuke fan''. I was wearing a King of Strong Style Nakamura one. We basically chatted for around 15 minutes about the ins and outs of the business, including the latest NXT show in Dublin, while we dined in a food court. He was a barrister and I'm a prison guard, hardly what you think of when you think of two internet wrestling fans. He said it was so cool to have someone to talk with about it as his work people and friends aren't into it. It was a pretty awesome and surreal moment. Ya have to love the wrestling community, it's like a brotherhood.

The biggest shock in all of this is that your a prison guard. Would have never put you in that job as a natural fit, you seem too.... too nice and human.
    tumblr_o8y7ivMSVK1tf0v2wo2_250.gif

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The biggest shock in all of this is that your a prison guard. Would have never put you in that job as a natural fit, you seem too.... too nice and human.

Oh yeah I'm there since 2008. I actually did an Ask Me Anything thread on it a while back which was very enlightening for a lot of people. Have a look here if you like. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057333310

Also, the Irish Prison Service are recruiting as and from today. The start date will be early 2017. If anyone's interested go to www.publicjobs.ie and fill out an application.

So can we call you big boss omackeral from now on ? You being the Irish big boss Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Ever had to use the nightstick?

CSF wrote: »
    Ever had to use the nightstick?

A few punks have had to serve hard time...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What a gimmick!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This recent run of Jericho has been brilliant. Drink it in, maaan...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

J. Marston wrote: »
    This recent run of Jericho has been brilliant. Drink it in, maaan...

A Jericho/Owens tag team would be so much gold :D

But probably won't happen..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement