Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was reading back through this thread and theme songs were mentioned.
    Well the macho man theme song was a brilliant one. A load of pomp and circumstance attached to that theme song. :D:D:D

Again another cracker of a song. It's just the wrestler it's for has become a bigger bull****ter and bluffer as the years have gone on.

And of course how can we forget about the 16 time worlds heavyweight champion the nature boy ric flair. He is my favourite in ring wrestler of all time. All my favourite matches involve ric.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

far and away my favourites, the nostalgia

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

What does everybody want?

What does everybody neeeeeed?

What does everybody loooovvee?

A random thought is that ric flair was the greatest of all time and better than hogan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A random thought is that ric flair was the greatest of all time and better than hogan.

in terms of legacy thats a hundred percent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Metalingus is probably my fave theme song of all time. Just fit perfectly with Edge and its just a cracking song too. And no discussion about theme songs is complete without this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

I love how they force the cheaply paste in x factor into the lyrics.

You know I hate that (X) fact (or)

It is probably the most legendary unintentionally awful theme song. Just utter trash

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seeing the Al Snow theme now I really want to see Al come back and be the manager of the #SocialOutcasts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

LeeJM wrote: »
    Metalingus is probably my fave theme song of all time. Just fit perfectly with Edge and its just a cracking song too. And no discussion about theme songs is complete without this

YES! I thought I was the only one. I spent an entire bus journey listening to this on repeat recently.

leggo wrote: »
    YES! I thought I was the only one. I spent an entire bus journey listening to this on repeat recently.

I have admittedly awful taste in music but if I can link a song to a certain memory then that song will forever be in my playlist. I listen to trash like Puddle of Mudd, Drowning Pool etc just because I link the songs to certain moments in wrestling. That X Factor song I just think of X-Pac walking on stage nodding his head arms out wide in a Tommy Dreamer style fashion and I just laugh :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

10:27

that didn't take long did it

Botchamania just isnt funny anymore and it hasnt been for a long time

To be fair, your man who runs it has done a great job keeping himself and the idea relevant for what is essentially one viral video and one idea from years back. I respect that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

How bloody stupid was the ending to Cena vs Rollins at Summerslam 2015

Having Jon Stewart interfere because they wanted Rollins to retain the title but keep Cena strong

And Cena didn't even get a rematch for the WWE Title

Sting got a title shot instead for hiding under a curtain and attacking the champ despite never winning a match in WWE

/Logic

Having Jon Stewart interfere because they wanted Rollins to retain the title but keep Cena strong

Sting got a title shot instead for hiding under a curtain and attacking the champ despite never winning a match in WWE

/Logic

Agreed, people misremember Rollins' title reign as a lot better than it actually was. And that's not on Rollins, it's just that sometimes you don't necessarily want Vince booking for your favourite wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

/Logic

Oh god, I forgot about that. Seriously the biggest WTF moment ever...
    So badly done too...

I was watching some old clips and interviews on YouTube last night of world class championship wrestling from Dallas. Im sure most know the tragic story of the von erichs.

It's horrible to see Kevin von Erich trying to keep the name alive when he seems so troubled about all the tradgedies and all his brothers dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

LeeJM wrote: »
    Botchamania just isnt funny anymore and it hasnt been for a long time

These days it's only good when they have a shoot interview segement, where they have the shoot interview talking about a botch and the both is played over it.

• Advertisement

Just thinking about the draft and something i would like to see is The Club be made into a dominant we dont give a f*ck group on Smackdown. Lets say Shane and whoever he chooses as GM are faces so we have face authority figures and they draft The Club and Balor.

Id have Balor link up his "brothers" on the first live Smackdown post Battleground. And have The Club just run roughshod over everyone and they flat out refuse to do anything Shane or the GM says as they realise how valuable they are to Smackdown. They can play off the fact that if they get fired they will be on Raw the following week or on the next flight to Japan.

Really build them up as a force , make AJ the World Champ, Anderson and Gallows the dominant tag team and Finn the quiet assasian of the group. And from there they can build to the eventual split of The BC turning on AJ or Finn turning on The Club and unleashing The Demon as the one force that can finally stop The Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I hope for Bubba Ray's sake the Dudley's get split up in the draft

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ERG89 wrote: »
    I hope for Bubba Ray's sake the Dudley's get split up in the draft

Testify

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Balor joining the club seems a big shout regarding the draft. I personally think if/when he comes up they'll exclusively milk the demon stuff first.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

re: Breaking up the Dudleys - I would love to see a Bully Ray run but dunno if it'd happen as D-Von on his own is a non event imo, that said the amount the commentators use the tag teams being separated talk to build up to the draft has me worried as apart from maybe the Dudleys I don't want them unneccesarily breaking up teams but feel they will almost think they have to break up one or two after all that talk especially as it'll also give them more moments to talk about re anything can happen with the draft.

On another note when I was in Tokyo last week I realized that everything you hear about Nakamura is right in terms of getting an audience in Japan. Dude was on the front of magazines etc with plenty of talk of him being the next huge star in the WWE. Meanwhile the most interesting image I saw there in terms of the WWE was one on the front of a newspaper of this beast!
    Agtn4hB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say 2 teams that could be broken up are Social Outcasts and Lucha Dragons. Not sure about bigger teams

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'd say 2 teams that could be broken up are Social Outcasts and Lucha Dragons. Not sure about bigger teams

I was thinking that about The Dragons (and sure why not the outcasts or just separate one of them from the other two who will then form a standard tag team) as although they have slowed down on him recently with a split roster it'd be no surprise if Kalisto got pushed again as a singles star somewhere down the line..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I feel like breaking up the Social Outcasts and the Lucha Dragons will just put them even further in mid-card limbo, and nothing will be done with them. At least as a tag team they can contribute to the tag team division at least. I mean Kalisto might have a chance because he earned himself a lot of recognition in the past year, but the others won't be used for anything other than enhancement talent.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I feel like breaking up the Social Outcasts and the Lucha Dragons will just put them even further in mid-card limbo, and nothing will be done with them. At least as a tag team they can contribute to the tag team division at least. I mean Kalisto might have a chance because he earned himself a lot of recognition in the past year, but the others won't be used for anything other than enhancement talent.

I honestly wouldn't like to see any get broken up (excluding I guess The Dudleys if we actually got a Bubba singles push but I doubt that and think D-Von would become a non entity).

That said the sheer amount of times the have mentioned the potential for teams to be split up on commentary would suggest that some team will be split even just if its so that they can have an OMG the -insert tag name here- have been split up! moment. Those 2 Castor mentioned and The dudleys would just probably be the least bad ones for them to split.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Could always split up the Ascension too, not that anyone would notice or care :pac: I wouldn't mind if a team got broken up if it meant one or both would get a proper singles push, though I'd dread the almost inevitable feud where one of them gets called the Jannetty.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement