Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The long and short of it is everyone apart from maybe 4-5 guys are geek's going nowhere and it doesn't matter what you do with them.

That's what 50-50ing the roster to death will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I know all this split talk should probably be in the split thread but to respond here, I think if splitting the Outcasts, maybe move Heath and keep Bo and Axel together. Heath has shown he can go on his own.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know all this split talk should probably be in the split thread but to respond here, I think if splitting the Outcasts, maybe move Heath and keep Bo and Axel together. Heath has shown he can go on his own.

While I agree to an extent, I think Heath is at his very best when he has someone to bounce off. A straight man to his lunacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Enzo & Cass, been saying it since they announced the brand split, wait and see!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

leggo wrote: »
    Enzo & Cass, been saying it since they announced the brand split, wait and see!

Surely it's a red herring

I know they were pushing Cass quite a bit when Enzo was injured, but splitting them up now would be a terrible mistake

I'd be more on board with splitting up The New Day, in a way it's nearly better for them to end before they become stale, like they done with The Shield

• Advertisement

I don't think they should necessarily do it, I just think WWE will. It's both shocking and a headline grabber, but at the same time I could totally see Vince going through with it. He'll look at those two, see a star in Cass and a talented midcard act in Enzo, want to break them up and push Cass til we're sick of him while putting Enzo in a perennial Miz/Santino-style role (i.e. the really entertaining guy who has very little trajectory for moving upwards). I could see New Day splitting but that will likely happen organically at Battleground to conclude their Wyatts storyline. There's always one shocking split at a draft and Enzo & Cass fit the bill for this, then Sunday they get their nice send-off with Cena, which is about as high a praise as Vince can bestow upon someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Of the original Nexus members who would have thought Young, Slater & Otunga would be the only ones left in the WWE 6 years later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I just watched money in the bank at wrestlemania 25. Cm punks second win. Apart from a botched power bomb off a ladder between mvp and shelton benjamin...which they turned into shelton benjamin power bombing mvp outside of the ring into kane and somebody else..which looked awesome.
    It was solid match. Also no slow ladder climbing. None at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

I just watched money in the bank at wrestlemania 25. Cm punks second win. Apart from a botched power bomb off a ladder between mvp and shelton benjamin...which they turned into shelton benjamin power bombing mvp outside of the ring into kane and somebody else..which looked awesome.
    It was solid match. Also no slow ladder climbing. None at all.

Great match.
    Also without a doubt slow ladder climbing is super tilting especially when you see the second guy skip up it to stop somebody winning then 60 seconds later the same wrestler can't climb two rungs in 10 minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,373 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

any other irish wrestlers climbing the rankings world wide and potentially be wwe superstars in the future ???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

PTH2009 wrote: »
    any other irish wrestlers climbing the rankings world wide and potentially be wwe superstars in the future ???
    Well, we've got Finn Balor on the RAW roster now...let's see how that goes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm pretty sure this might not come off as politically correct or at least in some way come off as a little bit odd but is it just me or does Brian Kendrick have a bit of a dwarf vibe off him?

^definition of a random wrasslin thought imo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Maybe he's a giant dwarf

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

054101015781A6DA641DA4120B091564

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

My random thought came while watching raw... Luke Gallows is like "Champ" from the movie Anchorman, every time I see him I expect him to shout "Whammy!!"

The WWE needs to bring in local indy jobbers again for tv matches it would stop the same match been seen week in week out and I think needs to be done now even more with the Brand split.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

The WWE needs to bring in local indy jobbers again for tv matches it would stop the same match been seen week in week out and I think needs to be done now even more with the Brand split.

Earlier this week it was reported that WWE are seriously considering doing more jobber matches ;)

Whatever happened to the likes of Barry Horowitz or Rip Rogers who could have a perfectly entertaining 8-minute match with main roster guys that was completely inconsequential but grand to watch? Jobber matches don't have to be dull squash matches either like. Maybe for Reigns, Cena etc but they did a match with Enzo & Cass that went 30 seconds a few weeks ago and could've easily killed 5 minutes of time, which people would've been happy to watch as the lads are so over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I used to like Barry Horowitz. I was delighted when he ended his "streak" against Skip. Didn't he win a title at some stage (Intercontinental maybe?) or did I imagine that?

Edit - looks like I imagined it. Always knew I had a strange mind.

Upon further research he had a title match against JJ but lost :(

Horowitz, SD Jones, Iron Mike Sharpe are all fondly remembered myself and friends as much as Hulk Hogan etc from that era.

• Advertisement

What I always enjoyed was seeing Brooklyn Brawler or Horowitz beat other jobbers just to keep their own credibility as the jobbers that are better than the real jabronis

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just watching the 1992 royal rumble match itself now again and it's a beautiful piece of pro wrestling art. The in ring and the commentary are telling a beautiful story.

Still without a doubt the best Rumble of all time. The story is just fantastic. Flairs performance that night may just be the best of his whole career. Bobby and Gorilla are at their absolute best too. And Flairs promo afterwards "with a tear in my eye". Its as close to perfect as anything in wrestling can be.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Just watching the 1992 royal rumble match itself now again and it's a beautiful piece of pro wrestling art. The in ring and the commentary are telling a beautiful story.

Heenan probably did the best commentary job I've ever seen and made the match from the announce desk, and the line-up is probably the strongest field ever on paper, but I find it quite overrated. 95% of it is generic battle royal filler. They hadn't figured out how to book a Royal Rumble match with peaks and troughs yet. Just my opinion though.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Speaking of getting local jobbers, I wouldn't mind seeing another Santino (to use a kinda recent example) moment where he was just an unknown person who came in and won the title.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Watching the whole Final Deletion angle TNA are running, no chance in hell would that work in WWE, not a chance...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Horowitz, SD Jones, Iron Mike Sharpe are all fondly remembered myself and friends as much as Hulk Hogan etc from that era.

Jobbers used to be in battle royals and everything. There's a guy called the Dublin Destroyer in this one!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6e7ue_wwf-40-man-battle-royal_sport

What a glorious man.

065698bf4adublindestroyer.png

When I woke up this morning the royal rumble 1995 was playing on my ipad so I stopped it and I'm watching it now. Jesus it's umm.... something that I'm not sure what I'm watching.

The ring is mic'd up badly and they are racing through entrants and the talent pool is a bit shallow.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

It was actually 30 seconds per entrant with ring generals like Mantaur, Well Dunn and Mo from Men on a Mission.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    It was actually 30 seconds per entrant with ring generals like Mantaur, Well Dunn and Mo from Men on a Mission.

30 seconds ? I'm not timing it but it's fairly quick. Lex luger just entered.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement