Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

WTF is mantaur doing ? I hope luger and the bulldog got extra money for having to deal with this talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    WTF is mantaur doing ? I hope luger and the bulldog got extra money for having to deal with this talent.

That would be moo-ing like a cow.

I swear to God the embarrassment of being a fan in 1995

Here it is if anyone fancies 45 minutes of utter Jabroni magic sans HBK and Bulldog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

WWE should use Jimmy Jacobs as a manager. Guy is a really good talker. He is small even by todays standards so he wouldnt tower over any of the wrestlers. Just give him a new name and a gimmick. Maybe like a modern Jim Cornette thing where he is a rich kid being financed by his parents and now he uses that money to attract clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

WWE wrestlers showing lack of ring awareness. Guy's getting pinned with a part of their body under the bottom rope, that's a ropebreak.

These new referees don't seem to react to it though?

It's up to the wrestler more than anything, hook a leg or roll him back for god's sake. Create some believability in the product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

WWE wrestlers showing lack of ring awareness. Guy's getting pinned with a part of their body under the bottom rope, that's a ropebreak.These new referees don't seem to react to it though? It's up to the wrestler more than anything, hook a leg or roll him back for god's sake. Create some believability in the product.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves, that WWE isn't booked like a sporting contest. Sure it has wacky characters and it's very polite of wrestlers to wait until Monday or Thursday to settle their differences but it should follow it's own internal logic. WWE has incredible workrate but it's also so lazy in this respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

jaykhunter wrote: »
    This is one of my biggest pet peeves, that WWE isn't booked like a sporting contest. Sure it has wacky characters and it's very polite of wrestlers to wait until Monday or Thursday to settle their differences but it should follow it's own internal logic. WWE has incredible workrate but it's also so lazy in this respect.
    Tuesday...it's-it's Tuesday now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Wish it was Thursday/Friday though

3 days of WWE starting tonight, 8 hours in total, no matter how good it is hard to stay engaged with the product for that amount of time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Not for me it's not! Tuesdays can get the f**k outta here -- enjoy your slow death! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was reminded of these videos by John pollock on a podcast about the 2002 draft. Jesus it's a huge nostalgia hit to me as it basically sums up my teenage years.

• Advertisement

Jesus that video! That is pure nostalgia for me. Forget Hulkamania, forget the New Generation, the Attitude Era for all its faults and my god looking back does it have huge faults will always be MY ERA. 1997-2002 will always be IMO the greatest time to have been a WWE fan. I love the wrestling we get now and as an in ring presentation todays WWE p*sses all over late 90s WWF, but videos like the above will always get me right in the feels more than anything they have done in the last 10 yrs.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I remember all those videos about individual wrestlers. Really got to like that song because of them.

Speaking of songs, that Kygo/Kodaline song, Raging, always reminds me of Enzo and Cass because of a bit at the beginning where they sing "I know you hate it and I hate it" and all I hear is "Coupla haters. Coupla haters"

And another thought is are the commentators pronouncing Sami's kick wrong? Saw the name of it the first time on the draft show and it's called Helluva Kick. When I read that I would read it as "Hell of a kick" and not "Helloova kick"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah I remember all those videos about individual wrestlers. Really got to like that song because of them.

Speaking of songs, that Kygo/Kodaline song, Raging, always reminds me of Enzo and Cass because of a bit at the beginning where they sing "I know you hate it and I hate it" and all I hear is "Coupla haters. Coupla haters"

And another thought is are the commentators pronouncing Sami's kick wrong? Saw the name of it the first time on the draft show and it's called Helluva Kick. When I read that I would read it as "Hell of a kick" and not "Helloova kick"

Think that's the joke, he's trying to make it sound exotic but it's just a JR-ism ultimately. At least that's how I took the meaning, maybe someone with more in-depth Zayn knowledge would be able to enlighten if there's more to it?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,891 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

leggo wrote: »
    Think that's the joke, he's trying to make it sound exotic but it's just a JR-ism ultimately. At least that's how I took the meaning, maybe someone with more in-depth Zayn knowledge would be able to enlighten if there's more to it?

Either that or "hell" is too much of a curse word for a face to use in some parts of the States.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭ceegee

Rusev's twitter is amazing. Giving out about a random fan being able to run into the ring without being stopped last night lol. poor mojo.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Anyone else notice that they play different versions of Seth Rollins' theme over the past few shows and PPVs?

Up until Battleground, the opening had this extra guitar fill playing over the main riff, but last night had the regular one playing with no fill.

Makes me think they're just selecting a random track on Youtube :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Have to give Sami Zayn a lot of credit. Since he returned to the main roster in March, Zayn has put on consistently great performances at every PPVs so far. WM32, Payback, Extreme Rules, Money in the Bank, and now Battlground. I mean guys like AJ Styles and Kevin Owens have done superb work too, but Zayn has been really tearing the house down.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

An File wrote: »
    leggo wrote: »

Either that or "hell" is too much of a curse word for a face to use in some parts of the States.
    Maybe they don't want to say "hell" too much on a PG-rated show.

It kinda reminds me of this scene from Rocko's Modern Life when they went "To Heck and Back":
    Heffer: Wait... Heck? Isn't it supposed to be-
    Peaches: (Covers his mouth) Censors!

But then again why not say "Heck of a Kick"?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I can't decide if Sasha Banks is the best looking woman in wrestling or not that attractive at all.

Ha careful Agent Coulson, I made that exact observation a few months ago and a few white knights took major offense! Luckily there were others who saw there was nothing in what I said and there's at least another person who agrees with us. What a time to be alive!

Omackeral wrote: »
    I know the top of the women's division isn't about looks but just thinking to myself that I dunno if I find Sasha really really hot or really really odd looking. Sometimes I see her and think 'cracker' and others I'm like ehm maybe not. Anybody else get this?
    Palo Alto wrote: »
    Awful post.

You must have the IQ of Ryback.
    Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Is Kevin Dunn posting on boards now ? Horrible bloody attitude to have.
    attack the post not the poster. If you insult another posters intelligence again I will have to act with my mod hat on and not just warn you.

Personally I have no issue with someone commenting on a Divas level of attractiveness (if done in a proper manner and not a caveman-esque way) in a random thought thread. He did state that the womens division isn't about looks either. That said I would assume he would have gotten a better response to such a comment in the "non in ring talent related divas thread"

I don't particularly find her as hot as some others seem to for example but yeah her attractiveness does not really factor into her ability in the ring or on the mic and I am a fan of hers. I think she is who the WWE will pick to win at Mania and then she will feud 1on1 with Charlotte even though Becky has been great in her role.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    Kindly get a grip. I said explicitly I know that the division isn't about looks in the very first sentence oft post, re-read it. As for the other poster insulting my intelligence, way to miss the point. I made a random observation that sometimes I think someone looks attractive and sometimes not. It was a passing random thought. Said nothing about anything else and certainly don't have a "horrible bloody attitude". I'm delighted Banks, Lynch and Charlotte are where they are and are in a marquee match at Mania. All are great workers.
    Two ridiculous responses to a fairly innocuous post. It's not as if Omack said "sack her for not being hot enough" or "bring back Ashley Massaro and lets have a Bra & Panties jelly fight at Mania".
    Pentecost wrote: »
    Yep I have no problem with Omackeral's post. It was a random thought. Personally I think she is very hot but I can see what he means.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There was a time when looks ruled/were essential, but the company has kinda moved away from that, kinda glad Sasha, Becky, Charlotte, Bayley started when they did, other wise they would've gotten lost in the shuffle

There was also a time where I'd have been more interested in the looks than the actual wrestling talent, but that's flipped the other way in the 7 years since I was 16.. Sure the women are nice to look at, but ya know they are more than just eye candy.

Just my 2 cents on what Coulson posted.

I dont think WWE employ any ugly/non attractive female talent. I may not be attracted to every single one but Im sure somebody out there is. Tamina does nothing for me, Im sure she still has 1000s drooling over her. IMO Dana Brooke looks absolutely ridiculous with her new enhanced chest, but Im sure 1000s are drooling over her. Noelle Foley, I just dont see the attraction at all but yet she has 1000s drooling over her including one of our own here on PWBoards ;)

My point is I have no problem with anybody making a statement like AC did above. We all have different tastes. Its a discussion board where we discuss topics such as the above. In closing, Sasha is a riode :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Out of all The 4 NXT Horsewomen, and this is my order of preference, don't attack me :P

1. Bayley
    2. Charlotte.
    3. Becky
    4. Sasha

Now if I were asked again tomorrow, it'd be a different list...

And Charlotte, ooh lawdy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Yet there is a dedicated thread on female wrestlers looks on here which I would have posted my random thought but it has a no chat rule.

I didn't say she wasn't talented or not talented it's just a random thought on a talent in company that does use it female talents sexuallity as a marketing tool even if you don't believe they do.

Becky, Bayley, Sasha, Charlotte is the correct order ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Like if you think it's sexist to discuss women's looks, talk to some female wrestling fans or watch with your girlfriend...women are just as 'bad' for objectifying!

There's nothing at all wrong with it! It's showbiz and wrestling is a particularly cosmetic industry. It's not that everyone has to be good looking (women AND men) but everyone has to have some form of athleticism (which leads to naturally athletic and attractive people) and a distinctive, marketable look. So you wouldn't be human - or you'd be an asexual one at least - if you didn't have people you were attracted to. And political correctness starts to go into insane levels when you feel you have to tailor your conversation to repress completely natural emotions like attraction!

We figured Sasha's attractiveness out on the show I do a while back and concluded that:

Sasha acting confident as the boss = hottest diva in the industry.
    Sasha putting on her Disney smile and being sweetness and light = not as attractive.

Kinda like how Trish Stratus becomes 10x hotter as a heel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

LeeJM wrote: »
    Becky, Bayley, Sasha, Charlotte is the correct order ;)

Becky, Sasha, Bayley, Charlotte but they're all attractive.

Becky's real life personality swings it, I used to prefer Sasha. leggo is correct about Sasha being at her most attractive as The Boss though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

LeeJM wrote: »
    I dont think WWE employ any ugly/non attractive female talent. I may not be attracted to every single one but Im sure somebody out there is. Tamina does nothing for me, Im sure she still has 1000s drooling over her. IMO Dana Brooke looks absolutely ridiculous with her new enhanced chest, but Im sure 1000s are drooling over her. Noelle Foley, I just dont see the attraction at all but yet she has 1000s drooling over her including one of our own here on PWBoards ;)

My point is I have no problem with anybody making a statement like AC did above. We all have different tastes. Its a discussion board where we discuss topics such as the above. In closing, Sasha is a riode :pac::pac:

Ahem :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Lads come on ...If sasha banks is lying on you're couch offering herself up to you there is no one on here who is a wrestling fan who'd turn that down , she is absolutely stunning and thats just on TV , she must look amazing altogether in the flesh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

2-of-10-would-not-bang-1.jpg?w=584&h=558

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement