Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

CSF wrote: »
    All of that is true, problem is, the Becky title win won't be half as exciting/memorable if there's no chase. If they just go have her become the first Smackdown women's champion, they've done her a disservice and deprived her of the sort of decent story she deserves.

Exactly look at when bayley finally won the nxt title the place went nuts and it was due to her being so close so many times in the chase that it was perfect when she won it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

To be fair, I'm not sure what I want myself but you could easily put together a good storyline for Becky to be the first champ. Put together vignettes and have her do interviews/promos with her talking about coming so close to the NXT and Raw Women's Title and just falling short and how now is her time to do something historic etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Bret Hart's 20 year WWF contract, if honoured, would soon be expiring. It was signed in 1996.

Never understood why he didn't sue. Vince had the money as they increased the In Your House PPV price which helped turn things around and Mike Tyson sure didn't work the next year's Wrestlemania angle for free.

Only 2 reasons I can think are that Bret's a mark for his ego and "legacy" he liked and likes to speak of and/or he wanted the most amount of money fast. Guess it's all moot as he got money from WCW, his Llyods settlement and then a WWE payout for Wrestlemania as well as DVD money.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭CSF

leggo wrote: »
    To be fair, I'm not sure what I want myself but you could easily put together a good storyline for Becky to be the first champ. Put together vignettes and have her do interviews/promos with her talking about coming so close to the NXT and Raw Women's Title and just falling short and how now is her time to do something historic etc.

I don't think there is anyone for her to beat for it though. You've got Natalya only really who she's just done a less than inspiring feud with. The Eva Marie story someone mentioned above probably is the best one in terms of making the title something that's not going to be just a Smackdown pissbreak. Then once that's done, and Eva Marie is relegated to looking insanely hot, that's when the others can become more relevant, but I feel Becky still needs some establishing as a worthwhile upper card face. Since Mania they've really pissed about with her and hurt her relevance.

Yeah that's true, but they're stuck with what they've got unless Bayley gets called up to SmackDown. On the show I do, just today I offered a scenario where you bring Bayley up to SmackDown to pad out that division, then at the Royal Rumble hold a 15-woman cross-brand Royal Rumble match with the same rules for WrestleMania as the men. Bayley can use that to jump to Raw and challenge Sasha for Mania, with the division a bit more established and Asuka possibly on the way up. It's a pipe dream, I know, but it's one way of doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

CSF wrote: »
    I don't think there is anyone for her to beat for it though. You've got Natalya only really who she's just done a less than inspiring feud with. The Eva Marie story someone mentioned above probably is the best one in terms of making the title something that's not going to be just a Smackdown pissbreak. Then once that's done, and Eva Marie is relegated to looking insanely hot, that's when the others can become more relevant, but I feel Becky still needs some establishing as a worthwhile upper card face. Since Mania they've really pissed about with her and hurt her relevance.

Have they said when the new Women's champion will be crowned? If it's at SS and I'd say Asuka could be dropping the belt at Takeover to Bayley and that she could make an appearance at SS and win the belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Have they said when the new Women's champion will be crowned? If it's at SS and I'd say Asuka could be dropping the belt at Takeover to Bayley and that she could make an appearance at SS and win the belt.

They haven't even said for certain there will be one, or if they have I missed it. I agree with what leggo said though, all well and good having a women's division on Smackdown and pushing Becky, but if the plan isn't to push the likes of Bayley and Asuka that way, then it's eventually gonna be relegated to Superstars level matches.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

All red should win the title, Becky eventually wins it off her and that is when Asuka should be called up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

As much as I love booby roodes theme song in nxt, I think it won't work on the main roster unless it's heavy edited. Still it's could be a while before he makes his debut on the main roster

Samoa Joe will get called up after the rumble 2017 I think maybe Aries too (Aries would make a good SmackDown guy)

2/3 years ago no way would I think most of tnas biggest stars wud be part of the WWE roster. James Storm u really messed up lol

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Have to say, I love Raw's new theme. Reminds me a bit of the Papa Roach one they had around '06. First show theme I've liked in a long time from WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

PTH2009 wrote: »
    2/3 years ago no way would I think most of tnas biggest stars wud be part of the WWE roster. James Storm u really messed up lol

In James Storm's defense WWE offered him a low-ball offer whereas TNA offered him more money. I think at the end of the day, he made a personal choice for his family. I respect his choice to stay with TNA.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Have to say, I love Raw's new theme. Reminds me a bit of the Papa Roach one they had around '06. First show theme I've liked in a long time from WWE.

Probably the best Raw theme ever IMO. That, then the 1998 one, then Nickelback for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Probably the best Raw theme ever IMO. That, then the 1998 one, then Nickelback for me.
    Did you say you liked...the Nickelback one?

latest?cb=20070619165229

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

For best RAW themes, I'd go like this, in order of preference..

RAW 1998
    Shinedown - Enemies
    Papa Roach - To Be Loved
    Jim Johnston's Tonight's The Night
    Nickleback - Burn It To The Ground

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

My fiancee and I were talking about Raw and Smackdown, and she compared the Smackdown roster to the end of a box of Celebrations with just a load of Bounty's left over.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

My favourite Raw theme is either the Papa Roach one, or the one from around 2002-06.

Did you say you liked...the Nickelback one?

latest?cb=20070619165229

I know, it's Nickelback, but the song itself it catchy as fook and that plus the video got me hyped for Raw whenever it came on. Job done. I hate the slower ones like Across the Nation and the last one, it just reminds me how late I'm up watching it! But that's just me it's so subjective.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Adiboo wrote: »
    My fiancee and I were talking about Raw and Smackdown, and she compared the Smackdown roster to the end of a box of Celebrations with just a load of Bounty's left over.

So Smackdown has all the nicest ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So Smackdown has all the nicest ones?

I've never understood that, I just swoop in like a vulture and pig out on all the delicious bounties. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Just thinking about Umaga today. I think had so much potential to be a top main eventer eventually. He also had pretty solid booking and was protected. WWE today could take note of the way they booked Umaga and apply it to someone like Rusev. Unfortunately his demons just proved too much for him I guess.

Also his WWE Championship match against John Cena at Royal Rumble 2007 was really good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Just thinking about Umaga today. I think had so much potential to be a top main eventer eventually. He also had pretty solid booking and was protected. WWE today could take note of the way they booked Umaga and apply it to someone like Rusev. Unfortunately his demons just proved too much for him I guess.

Also his WWE Championship match against John Cena at Royal Rumble 2007 was really good.
    I really thought he was the best big man WWE had since Vader. I knew when they fed him to Cena, he'd become an Every Big Man Ever. Said the same about Rusev, and that's exactly what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Umaga was fantastic alright, but much like Rusev who was also mentioned it's quite hard to pad out these characters They can be saddled with gimmicks that only have a certain shelf life.

So good but Samoan brute is fairly one dimensional. Rusev has managed to tweak the evil American hating Russia that he was for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

I read some excerpts from JTG's book. Cena seems not that nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

764dak wrote: »
    Anything stand out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

No way, they won't want any part of that ****storm. Too divisive. Now if he wins they'll be all over it on the other hand.

But if Trump won he'd still be divisive, especially if he follows through on his promises. I don't think the WWE will make many more allusions toward Trump than is necessary.

ricero wrote: »
    Anything stand out ?
    JTG had an interview with WWE Magazine and used loyalty and respect as some of the words to describe Shad. John Cena got upset and JTG's Yo Yo Yo glasses were taken off WWE Shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

WWE should have the Main Event of the first Clash of Champions end in a draw as a homage to the first Clash of the Champions.

Chris Masters should be brought back and pushed.

Bray Wyatt needs a face turn.

2000 is the best year of WWE tv ever.

Okada will be WWE Champion by 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

JTG had an interview with WWE Magazine and used loyalty and respect as some of the words to describe Shad. John Cena got upset and JTG's Yo Yo Yo glasses were taken off WWE Shop.

Sounds more like some WWE backward thinking than anything to do with Cena directly, like a twisted punishment sort of thing. When CM Punk did his shoot, he mentioned WWE messing with his merch so that it wouldn't outsell Cena's. Most people I've read talking about John Cena describe him as a stand up guy, even Punk, who'd have reason to dish dirt (and dish it he did), mentioned liking John as a person. I'm not entirely convinced that there isn't some embellishment to that story by JTG.

briany wrote: »

Sounds more like some WWE backward thinking than anything to do with Cena directly, like a twisted punishment sort of thing. When CM Punk did his shoot, he mentioned WWE messing with his merch so that it wouldn't outsell Cena's. Most people I've read talking about John Cena describe him as a stand up guy, even Punk, who'd have reason to dish dirt (and dish it he did), mentioned liking John as a person. I'm not entirely convinced that there isn't some embellishment to that story by JTG.
    Some of the excerpts are in this thread: http://w11.zetaboards.com/wotuwwev/topic/11135589/1/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

LeeJM wrote: »
    WWE should have the Main Event of the first Clash of Champions end in a draw as a homage to the first Clash of the Champions.

Chris Masters should be brought back and pushed.

Bray Wyatt needs a face turn.

2000 is the best year of WWE tv ever.

Okada will be WWE Champion by 2020

What about a group consisting of Chris Masters, Carlito, John Morrison, Shelton Benjamin, MVP and Mr Kennedy (although he's unlikely). All in street clothes, all invading as people that were held back in their first runs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement