Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Take out Kennedy, he wasnt held back he was a moron! Carlito would have to be the leader/main spokeman of the group, Morrison/MVP as the tag team (2 worst singles workers IMO) Shelton as the píssed off vet and Carlitos right hand man with a major chip on his shoulder and Masters would be silent enforcer of the group. That could work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

764dak wrote: »
    Some of the excerpts are in this thread: http://w11.zetaboards.com/wotuwwev/topic/11135589/1/
    I was in a bathroom at the TD Bank North Garden Arena in Boston, MA, using
    the throne. I heard a voice over the stall, "Hey, JTG? Is that you in there? I was reading
    the latest WWE magazine. Interesting article with you and your tag team partner. Nice
    choice of words."
    I already knew where he was going with this. I immediately started to plead my
    case. I told him that a lot of the article was embellished, and that I told the writer not to
    use those two words, especially not in the same sentence.
    I finally came out of the stall. He looked me dead in my eyes and said, "You
    might be telling the truth. The magazine guys are known for putting words in peoples'
    mouths to make an exciting article. They've done that a few times to me also. But there
    still has to be consequences and repercussions. This can't go unpunished. You know
    those cool shades that you have coming out? We're gonna have to put those on hold.
    That will make us 'Even Steven.'"
    Just like that, in the blink of an eye, quicker than a hiccup, it was over. The Lord
    giveth and the Lord taketh away. To this day those shades are still on hold. Sorry I let
    you down, Bret."

Was this voice on the other side of the stall supposed to be Cena himself or Triple H? On the one hand, mentioning about the magazine doing a similar thing to this other party suggests Cena, but it could also suggest HHH. On top of that saying, "We're gonna have to put those on hold" seems to imply someone in an administrative position like HHH. On the other hand, 'Even Steven' suggests Cena.

Not to overanalyse this, but if it were Cena why doesn't JTG just say that instead of leaving it slightly vague?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

LeeJM wrote:
    Take out Kennedy, he wasnt held back he was a moron! Carlito would have to be the leader/main spokeman of the group, Morrison/MVP as the tag team (2 worst singles workers IMO) Shelton as the píssed off vet and Carlitos right hand man with a major chip on his shoulder and Masters would be silent enforcer of the group. That could work

Morrison is a superb worker. Can't talk. But wouldn't put him in a tag team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

briany wrote: »
    Some of the excerpts are in this thread: http://w11.zetaboards.com/wotuwwev/topic/11135589/1/
    I was in a bathroom at the TD Bank North Garden Arena in Boston, MA, using
    the throne. I heard a voice over the stall, "Hey, JTG? Is that you in there? I was reading
    the latest WWE magazine. Interesting article with you and your tag team partner. Nice
    choice of words."
    I already knew where he was going with this. I immediately started to plead my
    case. I told him that a lot of the article was embellished, and that I told the writer not to
    use those two words, especially not in the same sentence.
    I finally came out of the stall. He looked me dead in my eyes and said, "You
    might be telling the truth. The magazine guys are known for putting words in peoples'
    mouths to make an exciting article. They've done that a few times to me also. But there
    still has to be consequences and repercussions. This can't go unpunished. You know
    those cool shades that you have coming out? We're gonna have to put those on hold.
    That will make us 'Even Steven.'"
    Just like that, in the blink of an eye, quicker than a hiccup, it was over. The Lord
    giveth and the Lord taketh away. To this day those shades are still on hold. Sorry I let
    you down, Bret."

"Was this voice on the other side of the stall supposed to be Cena himself or Triple H? On the one hand, mentioning about the magazine doing a similar thing to this other party suggests Cena, but it could also suggest HHH. On top of that saying, "We're gonna have to put those on hold" seems to imply someone in an administrative position like HHH. On the other hand, 'Even Steven' suggests Cena.

Not to overanalyse this, but if it were Cena why doesn't JTG just say that instead of leaving it slightly vague?"

He lets the reader guess the names of most of the superstars. But some of them are obvious. A "real English gentleman" that helped him out on the plane has to be William Regal.

Edit: Quoting on Boards is so frustrating now.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Was this voice on the other side of the stall supposed to be Cena himself or Triple H? On the one hand, mentioning about the magazine doing a similar thing to this other party suggests Cena, but it could also suggest HHH. On top of that saying, "We're gonna have to put those on hold" seems to imply someone in an administrative position like HHH. On the other hand, 'Even Steven' suggests Cena.

Not to overanalyse this, but if it were Cena why doesn't JTG just say that instead of leaving it slightly vague?

I'm pretty sure that was Cena. I haven't read the book but I listened to some radio interviews JTG did around that time and I remember he discussed asking the guy involved with the magazine not to print the words but they went ahead and did it anyway.

I know a lot of people find what Cena did petty, but there does seem to be this weird thing in WWE locker rooms where if someone screws up then it is up to the leaders in the locker room to punish them for it. I remember one shoot interview I listened to, I think it was with Simon Dean, where he discusses screwing something up and he ended up getting publicly berated by Benoit for it. Later on Benoit pulled him aside and said he didn't want to do it but he had to set an example to the rest of the locker room. I guess if you're a locker room leader and someone makes you look bad then you have to do something about it or else you will wind up being perceived bad.

It's all pretty bizarre certainly but I wouldn't be surprised if Cena only did that to save face with the locker room rather than to be spiteful to JTG. Then again, who knows? Maybe he was having a bad day and decided to use his stroke.

• Advertisement

He lets the reader guess the names of most of the superstars. But some of them are obvious. A "real English gentleman" that helped him out on the plane has to be William Regal.

Edit: Quoting on Boards is so frustrating now.

I don't see the point in that. Might as well go the whole hog and name names, just to be clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Rewatching the 2010 Royal Rumble, when Edge returned, Matt Striker's Holy Shi comment followed by silence and Lawler shrieking What..

My random thought, Was Striker just being a fan like the rest of us (I mean his reaction was appropriate as no one expected Edge back that soon) or was he intentionally cut off before he could finish what he was saying..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I read through the thread and some of the other excerpts are gold Shad referring to Stephanie as baby is hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Rewatching the 2010 Royal Rumble, when Edge returned, Matt Striker's Holy Shi comment followed by silence and Lawler shrieking What..

My random thought, Was Striker just being a fan like the rest of us (I mean his reaction was appropriate as no one expected Edge back that soon) or was he intentionally cut off before he could finish what he was saying..

Strikers a twat. I used to like the guy but watch LU makes me hate teh guy. He tries to appeal to smarky fans and tries too hard to make himself look good.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'd never heard of this video until yesterday but it's Jimmy Garvin filming behind the scenes on the great American bash 1988 tour.
    I've only watched 8 minutes but all I can say is whatever they were taking made them "happy".

Hawk of the road warriors and dr death Steve Williams are off their heads on "fun."

• Advertisement

I just realised who Brock Lesnar reminds me of - Anthony's dad from Ren and Stimpy.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I just realised who Brock Lesnar reminds me of - Anthony's dad from Ren and Stimpy.

hqdefault.jpg
    You sure that isn't just Senator Armstrong?

4346156-senetor-armstrong-devious-intent.mp4_snapshot_13.25_2014.11.10_00.47.50-920x517.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

That looks like Jim Cornette juiced up to the eyeballs. ^

I was just thinking with regards Nikki Bella, you could do a really interesting storyline with her coming back from a career threatening injury, especially with her brother-in-law Daniel Bryan as Smackdown GM. Have him (and Brie too) urging her not to risk it, hell even throw in Cena trying to talk her out of it, and make it into a big comeback angle.

I don't think they'll put much thought into it, though. They'll probably give away her return on free TV in some squash match, but I think they could make a compelling story out of this and with Eva Marie shelved for the time being, Smackdown needs a decent story on the women's side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Watching Wcw on the network as I never watched it when younger so decided to start with 98 cause why not and it's great craic about 4 million story lines going on Perry Saturn is in about 3 different stories. Wrestling is about the 6th most important thing on the show. They didn't advertise ppvs at all! I missed Slamboree cause it wasn't advertised really it's all about the next nitro.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Strikers a twat. I used to like the guy but watch LU makes me hate teh guy. He tries to appeal to smarky fans and tries too hard to make himself look good.

I found him annoying as hell when he was doing commentary with Yoshi Tatsu and someone else for a NJPW show. Yoshi was clearly struggling with English, so Striker took every chance he could to put him on the spot, and make him look foolish.

Yoshi shouldn't have been put near commentary, but Striker was being a jackass unnecessarily.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Watching Wcw on the network as I never watched it when younger so decided to start with 98 cause why not and it's great craic about 4 million story lines going on Perry Saturn is in about 3 different stories. Wrestling is about the 6th most important thing on the show. They didn't advertise ppvs at all! I missed Slamboree cause it wasn't advertised really it's all about the next nitro.

Yeah, it was all about the ratings war between Raw and Nitro back then. Looking back WCW shot themselves in the foot by not putting emphasis on other things like Merchandise and PPV sales. But I guess because WCW was owned by Ted Turner, that they're main interest was tv ratings for Turner Broadcasting.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Angron wrote: »
    I found him annoying as hell when he was doing commentary with Yoshi Tatsu and someone else for a NJPW show. Yoshi was clearly struggling with English, so Striker took every chance he could to put him on the spot, and make him look foolish.

Yoshi shouldn't have been put near commentary, but Striker was being a jackass unnecessarily.

Hate striker trys too hard to appeal to hardcore fans. He was embarrassing during bookers and kevin nash rumble returns. Nothing ever seems natural with him its always forced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I hope for Beckys sake Nikki doesnt end up on Smackdown but with John and Daniel on the blue brand its a cert thats where she will go. If they made Nikki a heel and have her win the SD Ladies Title (whatever they call it) and have her duck and avoid Becky till Mania and pay it off there then that might not be too bad. But still I fear Becky will be cast aside now in favour of Nikki so she can reign over the SD womens division

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Can't say I'd be disappointed if Goldberg does return to the WWE. I knw he will be rusty as **** and will have limit moves etc but the man is a legend and was first of his kind.

When u become a WWE 2k headline superstar you have one step in the WWE HOF (ultimate warrior rip and Sting in the past) both headlined in the WWE 2k series and entered the hof shortly after. I imagine one last match and a hof induction for Goldberg at mania 33. Lesner being touted as his opponent and a rematch from Mania 20. Kevin Owens, Triple H, Braun Strowman, Bray Wyatt other possible opponents imo

The more some of us can relive our childhoods the better lol

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Goldberg facing Brock would be fairly bad I think. No way Goldberg could convincingly beat Brock, and it'd be daft to have him come back to lose (I think Sting would have eventually won a match if he didn't have to retire).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Angron wrote: »
    Goldberg facing Brock would be fairly bad I think. No way Goldberg could convincingly beat Brock, and it'd be daft to have him come back to lose (I think Sting would have eventually won a match if he didn't have to retire).

They never call back past fueds but given how memorable their meeting was at WMXX (for all the wrong reasons) there'd be passing over it. Would be all for a Goldberg run though. He'd still be extremely credible.

Unrelated wrasslin' thought--- I will never tire of Vince Gifs cropping up on the net. They are all so funny. That one of Vince getting worked up and then falling off the chair? I've easily watched it a thousand times.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Unrelated wrasslin' thought--- I will never tire of Vince Gifs cropping up on the net. They are all so funny. That one of Vince getting worked up and then falling off the chair? I've easily watched it a thousand times.

giphy.gif

ShagNastii wrote: »
    They never call back past fueds but given how memorable their meeting was at WMXX (for all the wrong reasons) there'd be passing over it. Would be all for a Goldberg run though. He'd still be extremely credible.

I think I'm wary mostly because I loved Goldberg as a kid, and I'd be worried of any run at this point being terrible. I'd love to be wrong about that though.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Omackeral wrote: »
    giphy.gif

That one never gets old

Nxt takeover going up against UFC 202

Prob watch takeover and then switch to the UFC (if connections are good)

Here's a recent picture of Rey Mysterio. He looks totally ripped now.

http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/indy-extras/recent-photo-of-rey-mysterio-looking-jacked/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Here's a recent picture of Rey Mysterio. He looks totally ripped now.

http://www.allwrestlingnews.com/indy-extras/recent-photo-of-rey-mysterio-looking-jacked/

You say ripped, I say juiced. Tomato, to-mat-O.

:pac:

Loughc wrote: »
    You say ripped, I say juiced. Tomato, to-mat-O.

:pac:

Well yeah, juiced is the first thing that comes to my mind as well.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Well yeah, juiced is the first thing that comes to my mind as well.

It's all natural like Vince McMahon is

Rey always seemed built for a small guy. Neville is also quite big for a high flyer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

There is no way in hell that jacked picture of Mysterio is all natural, no bloody chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement