Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Mysterio has been "roided" to the gills for at least a decade (probably on human growth hormone). Speaking generously, 'ripped' is a way of saying 'toned' as in, your muscle is commensurate to your body mass. Rey has had way too much muscle than his rather average body type could naturally produce for years. Devitt is ripped and looks natural enough through hard work - compare with Dynamite Kid who was of similar build. Rey is a tragedy. Look at how small and normal looking he was in WCW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Rey got jacked in WWE, his WCW run looked like a different person! No wonder he keeps getting knee injuries with all that added bulk

28507503734_f576b250a6_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wish wrestling could get rid of anti heroes and tweeners for a few years and get the good old fashioned Face and Heels back.

Saying that heel Bobby Roode's entrance is "Glorious"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I wish wrestling could get rid of anti heroes and tweeners for a few years and get the good old fashioned Face and Heels back. Saying that heel Bobby Roode's entrance is "Glorious"

I don't know if it's possible, with wrestling becoming more niche (the product is aimed at hardcore wrestling fans/ie "how great a match this will be") it's no longer heels and faces but more talent/respect vs untalented. Like AJ will be cheered no matter what allegiance. But ya I wish they'd return to simple clear cut black hat/white hat stuff. WWE isn't written well enough for shades of grey tweeners.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I don't know if it's possible, with wrestling becoming more niche (the product is aimed at hardcore wrestling fans/ie "how great a match this will be") it's no longer heels and faces but more talent/respect vs untalented. Like AJ will be cheered no matter what allegiance. But ya I wish they'd return to simple clear cut black hat/white hat stuff. WWE isn't written well enough for shades of grey tweeners.

I don't think it will ever happen sadly and a lot of that is also down to the wrestlers themselves trying to get themselves over and not really be the bad guys.

The New Day for me a prime examples of heels who wanted to be cheered instead of out and out boo'd out of the building.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I honestly wasn't pushed about Bobby Roode's entrance music at first, but hearing the crowd in the Brooklyn Center singing it, made me change my opinion on it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

I wish wrestling could get rid of anti heroes and tweeners for a few years and get the good old fashioned Face and Heels back.

Jim Cornette, is that you :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Watching over the G1 again. I wish guys would stop doing apron spots it's not worth it in the long run. Even a scoop slam looks excruciating.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Just thinking, seeing as the brand split is well in effect, and each brand having their own shows & ppvs starting next month, could someone else be able to handle the weekly Smackdown Live threads as well as their PPV threads, and i'll be able to handle the live RAW & ppv threads respectively..

Not complaining about doing them, but starting next month (what with going back to university), time's gonna be tough to find to do multiple threads..

TL;DR - Can someone else do the Smackdown threads, and i'll handle the RAW threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Just thinking, seeing as the brand split is well in effect, and each brand having their own shows & ppvs starting next month, could someone else be able to handle the weekly Smackdown Live threads as well as their PPV threads, and i'll be able to handle the live RAW & ppv threads respectively..

Not complaining about doing them, but starting next month (what with going back to university), time's gonna be tough to find to do multiple threads..

TL;DR - Can someone else do the Smackdown threads, and i'll handle the RAW threads.

Don't be putting pressure on yourself to do em pal. If they'd become a pain for me I would just stop doing it. Someone will pick it up I'm sure otherwise a generic SD Live thread isn't the end of the world, and someone will always start the PPV thread.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Yeah you do great work Lithium but before you took up the mantle someone (usually different people) else would always post Raw threads. Obviously Smackdown was different back then so there was less of a need for one but we often got a spoiler thread and we also saw how little interest there was in certain show with how late (or in SDs case) not at all some of them got posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Could we not just have one super thread for raw and smackdown as a lot of the times the threads don't get posted in a lot.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

sky88 wrote: »
    Could we not just have one super thread for raw and smackdown as a lot of the times the threads don't get posted in a lot.

I second this idea especially when smackdown live only had 4 or 5 posts the next morning after it aired live last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Yeah a wwe live shows thread or something would be best. There's very little sense in constantly making new ones to see maybe a couple of pages of posts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Live show super threads that are a good idea.

Leave space for more news threads and less reliance on the some of todays news thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I feel like the weekly RAW thread still has it's place as the flagship show and so most likely to draw in a few casual viewers. Plus when it has low post count it's a quick indicator that RAW wasn't worth bothering with which can be handy. I often wondered why there wasnt a SmackDown megathread though and with the live show still in early days a megathread might be the way to go for now?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Yeah I agree with that idea Brad. Weekly individual Raw threads and a Megathread for SmackDown.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Put it to a vote in a thread and whatever the forum votes for go with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ambrose has really gone backwards since the shield in the ring and on the mic. I think he's been one of the poorest world champs in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

sky88 wrote: »
    Ambrose has really gone backwards since the shield in the ring and on the mic. I think he's been one of the poorest world champs in a long time.

I feel like they waited way too long to give him the title.

He was massively over for a long time after the Shield split (despite some seriously rotten booking) but for some reason they waited and waited until he'd hit the usual WWE midcard dead-end and THEN put the title on him.

I'm a big fan of Ambrose but even I haven't really been all that invested in him lately, everything just seems to fall a bit flat.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I think he should be let run with the mic a bit more. I know it's something he brought up in the Stone Cold podcast, that there's too much focus on the script, and that is true in a lot of cases, a bit more freedom could help a fair few wrestlers.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

sky88 wrote:

Been saying it for over a year now, the chap is a bore in the ring to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,181 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I like him, I feel AJ is set to take the throne though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I'm still a fan of Dean Ambrose. His ring skills do seem to be pretty poor this past year. I remember when he first broke away from the Shield, and he put on consistently good matches with Seth Rollins. You might put it down to Rollins but Ambrose did some good back then. Either way I still think Ambrose's title reign was a long time coming. He's still got his charisma and mic skills to fall back on, and he quite popular with the fans too. I won't be too disappointed if he drops the title to AJ Styles though. In fact, maybe Styles and Ambrose can have a double turn, with Styles as the face and Ambrose as the heel of the brand. I think Ambrose might do better as a heel anyway because he can compensate for his wrestling ability by cheating and using dirty tactics.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm not a fan of the "The Lunatic Fringe" character they cultivated which he now plays up. I always felt he was the promo guy in the shield especially when it came to those handheld cam promos backstage. If he had been pushed as a heel or tweener before the lunatic (who isn't really a lunatic more just someone who thinks he is a mad laugh cos he's not cookie cutter) character was set in place and done more of those types of promos I think he would be flying now.

Seth took the early Heel push however, while Reigns took the big man ("Powerhouse") push towards face main eventer. Which left him not getting much from creative but he eventually made it cos he remained popular with the fans, even though he coulda been much more. I always felt that Seth had more to offer in the ring too because it is WWE and the extra that Dean has is the mad hardcore stuff but you won't get to see much of that in this company while Seth can pull out the more impressive (which is why people originally saw him as a face) moveset.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I know it's not literal and is a play on an NFL draft tradition (the last pick of the NFL draft being "Mr. Irrelevant"). But I cringe inside-out when I hear Curtis Axel going by the name Mr. Irrelevant.

Would you not have more self respect. Talk about throwing in the towel on your career and phoning it in. At least the J.O.B squad was played for gags and was all a bit nudge nudge wink wink.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Sad to hear about Mr fugi

He made a few desperate crime mystery shows for the wwf years ago I think (there on sum collection on the network I think). There soo bad there good lol

I'm in my late 20's and the likes of the wrestlers I grew up watching such as SCSA, The Rock, Taker, Triple H, Mick Foley etc are still alive thankfully but one day I'm going have to go through the dreaded news of seeing the RIP in front of there names.

Are there any wrestling deaths that really hit u hard ???

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Owen still hurts when I think about it. Absolutely none of his fault (Guerrero's was due to years of abuse if we're honest, yes it's still sad),should've been retiring soon enough, put up with the Screwjob and overall seemed like a great guy and a wonderful family man. Owen's death was so tragic and so needless. Raw is Owen is a tough watch even still.

With all the talk in and around Summerslam that Goldberg would return what's the odds Vince/HHH put whatever history is there behind them and pays him a sh1t load of money to return and put over Roman.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

More chance of Vince putting Hogan in there with Roman :woot: Really though Id say Goldie returns for a squash against a Bo Dallas or Erick Rowan and not a serious programme with someone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement