Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Making my way through February 1997 on the network and can I just say. Sunny sweet Jesus and the baby angels yes. Unreal. Shame about her personal issues over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Is it just me or do both the universal and world titles seem less important than the world title was before the split? I really think WWE should have one undisputed champ, I could see that elevate the mid card titles and have less championship reigns that wouldn't/shouldn't have happened ala Khali, Ziggler, Henry and Big Show. I think it would also make it a way bigger deal when someone like Christian finally got to win the big one.

Christian wouldn't have been a world champion if there were one title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Is it just me or do both the universal and world titles seem less important than the world title was before the split? I really think WWE should have one undisputed champ, I could see that elevate the mid card titles and have less championship reigns that wouldn't/shouldn't have happened ala Khali, Ziggler, Henry and Big Show. I think it would also make it a way bigger deal when someone like Christian finally got to win the big one.
    I have always disliked the idea of two world titles, each belt seems less important than one on it's own. When they unified the titles in 2013, each title change was a big deal as well as the guy holding it being more important. I was hoping when they had the brand split that they would still have only one title but unfortunately not.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It was never likely that they'd keep it at one title. They need a top tier belt for both shows touring schedule.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Nikita is the definition of living your gimmick.

I was just re-listening to the Broken Matt Hardy podcast with Chris Jericho, which is all done in kayfabe, and I was thinking, is there any other wrestler at the moment who still keeps kayfabe in interviews and twitter etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I was just re-listening to the Broken Matt Hardy podcast with Chris Jericho, which is all done in kayfabe, and I was thinking, is there any other wrestler at the moment who still keeps kayfabe in interviews and twitter etc?

I don't think I've ever seen santino out of character or doing his own accent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Hulk Hogan

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

sky88 wrote: »
    I don't think I've ever seen santino out of character or doing his own accent
    Only time I'm aware of him breaking character was at the house show where he announced he was retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

He broke character on Swerved too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Adiboo wrote: »
    He broke character on Swerved too.

I was standing beside them when they were filming that... it was weird...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Kozlov still wrestling in anyway?

I think he and Rusev could be great together.

Bad ass Kozlov not the comedy guy he became.

WWE.com just did a "Where are they now" on Kozlov actually: http://www.wwe.com/videos/vladimir-kozlov-where-are-they-now

Basically, not in wrestling any more, he's now doing some acting and has a production company.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Is it just me, or has the switch to each show having a monthly PPV really crippled the chance to feel like any PPV main event has much build and actually made the product significantly harder to follow than even the move to 3 hours did.

Alternating months would've been far easier to deal with.

It feels like they are cramming PPVs too close together now to try and get people to justify keeping the network. We had Backlash 2 weeks ago, Clash of Champions last night, No Mercy in another 2 weeks.

The whole point of a PPV is that its something thats been built up and youve been looking forward to. Time is a vital component.

As little-viewed as the cruiserweight classic was, I bet it done way more to retain or bring in additional subscribers than another four or five B-tier PPVs would do.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I remember only 4 ppv's a year. Great times

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I can't shake the notion that I've heard TJ Perkins entrance music somewhere before..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

With Sky Sports going to 40 quid a month I can handle a PPV for each show a month, can skip RAW and Smackdown when I cancel sports and just watch the PPVs. Watch this week in WWae or bits on youtube if anything gets good reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I saw an interesting idea online from somebody who pointed out that the prize for the best of seven between Cesaro and Sheamus is supposed to be a 'championship opportunity' and that since it hasn't been specified what title it will be, perhaps Cesaro wins and receives an Intercontinental Title shot against Miz. This would play into the storyline between Miz and Daniel Bryan as Cesaro would be Bryan's representative, and if you recall a few months back Bryan made a comment to Cesaro that he thought he was being underutilized.

I reckon they beat respect into each other and become tag champs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

DM_7 wrote: »
    With Sky Sports going to 40 quid a month I can handle a PPV for each show a month, can skip RAW and Smackdown when I cancel sports and just watch the PPVs. Watch this week in WWae or bits on youtube if anything gets good reports.

Im getting rid of my sky sports too. have the network for the ppvs and theres ways of getting to see Raw/SD. WWE/Darts/odd soccer and Rugby match are my only sky sports viewings

DM_7 wrote: »

This is it though, they're damn near turning the B-PPVs into what Raw used to be. It's great if you want to boost the network but the WWE still depend heavily on that TV money and they still will when the contract comes due next time.

I think they're in a position right now where USA can dictate the price to them next time. Absolutely no one else will be willing to buy as many hours and WWE can't really afford to have one of either Raw or Smackdown off the air for any time.

This is it though, they're damn near turning the B-PPVs into what Raw used to be. It's great if you want to boost the network but the WWE still depend heavily on that TV money and they still will when the contract comes due next time.

I think they're in a position right now where USA can dictate the price to them next time. Absolutely no one else will be willing to buy as many hours and WWE can't really afford to have one of either Raw or Smackdown off the air for any time.

For them your right. Its not good to have a weak tv product that people don't need to watch.

Is all the kinesio tape Cesaro wears part of his gimmick?

Or is body really starting to break down and becoming that unstable.

I saw Finn wearing it as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yeah I'm finding it a bit of a joke now. He's like a kid was messing with tape and it just got stuck all over him. Can just imagine the Halloween episode with him coming out as a mummy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Yeah I'm finding it a bit of a joke now. He's like a kid was messing with tape and it just got stuck all over him. Can just imagine the Halloween episode with him coming out as a mummy

...or perhaps THE YET-AY? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Are the Crytsal boots for the NXT dusty rhodes tag team tournament made by Waterford Crystal ???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Does Vince generally oversee SmackDown? JBL's gotten a lot more...tolerable since he moved there.

I know what RAW and Smackdown have been missing since the brand split.

More
    The Big Show & Mark Henry :pac::p:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As undisputed tag team champions of Raw and Smackdown, with Kane as World Champion

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement