Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Has anyone noticed a tall, long-haired, somewhat androgynous looking man, that's front row of nearly every televised WWE show??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed a tall, long-haired, somewhat androgynous looking man, that's front row of nearly every televised WWE show??

If I say yes doesn't that mean we both watch too much WWE.
    He's always viewable in the hard camera view.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

You know what network show is great ? Talking smack it's kind of blurs the lines of kayfabe and a shoot. Great stuff. I've loved it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Neil3030 wrote: »

Always accompanied by a grey haired woman who could either by his GF (who is robbing the cradle) or his mother.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Out of curiousity does any here watch WCPW? I don't but I just want to see what those of you do who watch it think of it.

I did for a while, on and off, haven't seen anything from the last few weeks

Found it a bit hypocritical for them to be criticizing WWE for putting "management" talent a major part of storylines and then doing it themselves

They're changing that supposedly so I'd expect Blampied to lose to Rampage

I'll more than likely end up buying the iPPV tomorrow, it's worth the ~€6 for the iPPV alone and I don't mind giving back since I've watched hundreds of hours of their content for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,084 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was thinking will the next Money in the Bank PPV be cross brand? I would like it to be and maybe have one case between them so the winner can cash in on any brand's champ. Be different from thr Royal Rumnle winner since there's usually no build up for cash ins. The winner could be from Smackdown and have their music hit on Raw when the champ is fighting. Have them pull double duty. Maybe have their backstage presence "leaked".
    Or even have a match for each brand, but they can cash in on any brand. Have Raw's winner coming down the ramp to cash in when the champ is down, only for smackdown's case holder come from behind and knock them out with the case to try and take advantage themselves.
    And now the women are being tretaed better, maybe it's time they got a MitB case as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Angron wrote: »
    Saw a rumour that the reason the New Day have held the titles so long is because WWE (read: Vince) wants them to overtake Demolition for the longest overall reign, due in part to Demolition being part of that concussion lawsuit. It's petty and childish of WWE if true, in the exact same manner as Nikki Bella's reign of terror over the women's division, just so she could overtake AJ for longest title reign.

They're the most over team they've had in ages, they've a whole bunch of entertaining footage of them AND they're three black guys. Even without the third thing there, there's a lot more value in the long term of having them as the record holders to endlessly refer back to than a road warriors knockoff group.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

They're the most over team they've had in ages, they've a whole bunch of entertaining footage of them AND they're three black guys. Even without the third thing there, there's a lot more value in the long term of having them as the record holders to endlessly refer back to than a road warriors knockoff group.
    Except they never reference them.

With hurricane Matthew expected to hit florida later tonight. I'm sure all of us are hoping that the WWE/nxt superstars living there because of nxt stay safe during what looks like a nasty storm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,216 ✭✭✭Looper007

Got to say Emma has all of sudden become one of the better looking women wrestlers around. Always thought she was one of the more talented women wrestlers but was misused by WWE and by her own mistakes outside the ring. She's now onto her third gimmick change with this Emmalina thing, but damn seen recent pictures of her she seems like a totally different person from her dancing gimmick even her last heel one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Looper007 wrote: »
    Got to say Emma has all of sudden become one of the better looking women wrestlers around. Always thought she was one of the more talented women wrestlers but was misused by WWE and by her own mistakes outside the ring. She's now onto her third gimmick change with this Emmalina thing, but damn seen recent pictures of her she seems like a totally different person from her dancing gimmick even her last heel one.

She looks like a totally different person from a picture I seen of her at lance storm school.

Don't think it was surgery or anything just think it's getting older and of course professional make up artists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭johnruns

Rewatching Kurt Angle in his prime suplexing guys for fun is so much more entertaining than Lesnars suplex city boring rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Lads there was a gas ending on Botchamania 323 of a montage of KO and Jericho being best friends with Best Friend by Harry Nilsson playing in the background. This link will bring you straight to that part - click

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Lads there was a gas ending on Botchamania 323 of a montage of KO and Jericho being best friends with Best Friend by Harry Nilsson playing in the background. This link will bring you straight to that part - click

There was also a video of Owens and Jericho remixed with the FRIENDS theme song. Been hunting it down ever since, alas no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    There was also a video of Owens and Jericho remixed with the FRIENDS theme song. Been hunting it down ever since, alas no joy.

https://twitter.com/omarlopez/status/783162400149299201

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Wasn't Kenny Dykstra supposed to be a future WWE Champion?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

764dak wrote: »
    Wasn't Kenny Dykstra supposed to be a future WWE Champion?

Mark Jindrak was meant to have Batista's spot in Evolution.

So that's two things that worked out for the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I don't know if too many people will remember the actor Brian Glover... (died in 1997! I'm getting old). But anyway ..he was a wrestler at one stage in his life, and had a great wrestling name which I only recently found out about:

Leon Arris, the man from Paris

Great name!

(that's my random wrasslin' thought).

Would sasha and Charlotte in a HIAC be that bad of an idea ? I think not. It would be the end of the feud and would be an easy match to control so sasha won't cripple herself as some seem to thing is capable of doing when she gets in the ring.

Hard to see the value in maintaining that record so!
    New Day meanwhile could be the highlight of a Rumble in 10 years time (followed by several increasingly tepid returns)

If the record is actually breakable with only a year or so's effort, it's not that much of a record so why not break it. Especially when long title reigns were so much more common pre-Bischoff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Would sasha and Charlotte in a HIAC be that bad of an idea ? I think not. It would be the end of the feud and would be an easy match to control so sasha won't cripple herself as some seem to thing is capable of doing when she gets in the ring.

I think that could be a great match, and a good way to market the PPV considering it would be breaking new ground.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Just watched the first episode of Total Bellas and... I think it's sh!t

okay no surprise there but I also am not sure as part of me thinks it could be hilarious. The "John Cena character" is hilarious. I am sure he is partially that guy and they just turn it up to 11 for the show etc

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Just watched the first episode of Total Bellas and... I think it's sh!t

HA HA HA!

Re: Cena, I do love his character in Total Divas; he absolutely sandbags any strife (it's as if he's Nikki's dad rather than husband) and when it comes to competition, he smashes her and brags as much as possible. He's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Here's a random thought...

We have all these creepy clown sightings happening in America. I think there have been a few in other English-speaking countries too. We've got Halloween coming up, there's a reboot of the movie IT coming up, WWE like to be topical and up to speed with popular culture, well what a perfect time to bring back...

220px-Doink_in_January_09.jpg

Doink the Clown!

I know Matt Borne is synonymous with the character and he sadly has passed away, but Doink has been played by seven men officially over the years so I think you can have an eighth person play him.

Have the character appear on Raw for a few weeks backstage in various sightings, freaking people out, and have it build towards Hell in a Cell at the end of the month where Doink comes out to scare the kids in the audience before being destroyed by Big Cass or some other babyface they want to get over. (It would probably end up being Reigns).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Doink the Clown!

I don't mind, just as long as we get this.

johnruns wrote: »
    Rewatching Kurt Angle in his prime suplexing guys for fun is so much more entertaining than Lesnars suplex city boring rubbish.

Didn't Benoit do 10 consecutive germans to Austin in that amazing match on Smackdown (the one where Austin told Benoit that they were gonna wrestle for as long as they wanted after getting annoyed with the limited time allotment their previous match was gave)?
    Benoit suplexfests were amazing, Lesnar can't come close.

The way Benoit's head is taking the full weight of Austin with each one isn't a super pleasant viewing experience now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,876 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Didn't Benoit do 10 consecutive germans to Austin in that amazing match on Smackdown (the one where Austin told Benoit that they were gonna wrestle for as long as they wanted after getting annoyed with the limited time allotment their previous match was gave)?
    Benoit suplexfests were amazing, Lesnar can't come close.

The way Benoit's head is taking the full weight of Austin with each one isn't a super pleasant viewing experience now though.

Re-watched the 99 Rumble and couldn't even watch the I Quit match. How Mick Foley isn't brain damaged is beyond me.

Re-watched the 99 Rumble and couldn't even watch the I Quit match. How Mick Foley isn't brain damaged is beyond me.

Yeah that match got the rock heat after he threw in a few extra shots that hadn't been agreed to.

Hasn't he absolutely terrible memory? I'd say he's not not brain damaged.

The Rock was one hell of a wanker there though, also a guy who never ever ever would have let someone else do close to that to him but had no problem dishing it out in spades.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Listening to the recent Donald Trump stuff today- The "grab her by the p*ssy" thing. Instantly made me think of Vince McMahon.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when those guys meet up. They are so much alike. Quite egotistical, mega macho, somewhat deranged and seemly oblivious to the world outside themselves.

It's no surprise they are fans of each other.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement