Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Am I the only one who thinks Jimmy & Jey may have come off the "fat burners" around the same time their big cuz got caught using them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Am I the only one who thinks Jimmy & Jey may have come off the "fat burners" around the same time their big cuz got caught using them.

i mentioned in the ppv thread that they were looking heavier than usual. the one that wears the t shirt think its jimmy has looked especially heavier.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Ah lads, the Usos were always in average shape, Jimmy was always bigger and Reigns is in great shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I expect Rhyno to turn on Heath sooner than later. During No Mercy, I realised they come out to Heath's music/entrance video yet it's Rhyno that wins the matches for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,162 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Here's a random thought...

We have all these creepy clown sightings happening in America. I think there have been a few in other English-speaking countries too. We've got Halloween coming up, there's a reboot of the movie IT coming up, WWE like to be topical and up to speed with popular culture, well what a perfect time to bring back...

220px-Doink_in_January_09.jpg

Doink the Clown!

I know Matt Borne is synonymous with the character and he sadly has passed away, but Doink has been played by seven men officially over the years so I think you can have an eighth person play him.

Have the character appear on Raw for a few weeks backstage in various sightings, freaking people out, and have it build towards Hell in a Cell at the end of the month where Doink comes out to scare the kids in the audience before being destroyed by Big Cass or some other babyface they want to get over. (It would probably end up being Reigns).
    Riddle101 wrote: »
    I don't mind, just as long as we get this.

Perfect for Broken Matt Hardy

• Advertisement

With RAW's rating at big time lows how long before Vince brings Cena back to RAW and put's the title on him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Whatever happened to Rene Dupree, he was quite young in WWE, but suprised he was never given a shot anywhere else or brought back for a run in wwe. I know he still does independents so I imagine his work has inproved.

Sirsok wrote: »
    Whatever happened to Rene Dupree, he was quite young in WWE, but suprised he was never given a shot anywhere else or brought back for a run in wwe. I know he still does independents so I imagine his work has inproved.

This might play a part in why he isn't being brought back yet.

What are your personal feelings on Triple H?:
    (Laughs) Well I could torch the bridge on this one couldn’t I? I’ll tell you a story. I was walking backstage one day and there were two sisters that were seamstresses that have been there forever and their names are Julie and Terry. So Terry said hey we need to take your measurement and I asked if they were making me an outfit and she said that the office needs them to take everyone’s measurements.

So her eyes get as big as saucers and she says Oh My God Rene, you are bigger than Hunter and we can’t have this. So she literally wrote two or three inches less so that Hunter would be bigger than me. That’s the f*cking mentality that you have to deal with. You think I am bulls*ting you? I am not. I talked to my mentor, Rip Rogers who told me that it’s always been that way and I say well that’s just f*cking stupid. A lot of people don’t like him (Triple H) but he’s living his dream. He is getting to hang out with rock stars and work out every night with dudes and who the hell wouldn’t want to hit Stephanie McMahon. He’s got three beautiful daughters that are healthy and the guy makes millions of dollars a year. Most guys that hate on him are just in envy. Envy is a sin and I try to avoid being a sinner.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/689523-rene-dupree-reveals-his-personal-feelings-on-hhh-talks-wwe-network-royalty-lawsuits-bryans-retirement-is-mania-overrated-more

Just thinking now that Goldberg is back who is the last big name from that late 90's/00's era left out there to come back into the WWE fold.

Double J is all I can come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Just thinking now that Goldberg is back who is the last big name from that late 90's/00's era left out there to come back into the WWE fold.

Austin but that's probably not happening.

• Advertisement

Ageyev wrote: »
    Austin but that's probably not happening.

Ah ye but Austin is back in the WWE fold. I'm more thinking still on the out's.

He has hinted he has one more match in him so maybe he will interfere in the Brock/Bill match and Vince will turn it into a three way dance for WM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Sorry thought you meant in terms of working a match.

Jim Cornette ought to get some sort hall of fame treatment thingy but he's probably in the Jarrett due to all of his shoot interviews and stuff. And I don't get the impression that he's that interested in doing anything with WWE.

I cant remember if Lex Luger was "welcomed back" so to speak and he was a star ofnthe 90s.

They could recognise Chyna if/when DX are given the HoF thing.

Ye I think Chyna will get a posthumous white washing now and all will be good with her history.

Lex is back as a talking head on the some Network shows so I'd say the bridges are mending there.

Cornette would be the big one alright..He's probably ok for money and doesn't need it from the WWE so he won't be waiting or begging for a return.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Kurt Angle.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Kurt Angle.

Good call.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Good call.

I have to admit I'd mark out if I heard the music alright. Also any of us have a better chance of being in the WWE then old double J

Ageyev wrote: »
    Sorry thought you meant in terms of working a match.

Jim Cornette ought to get some sort hall of fame treatment thingy but he's probably in the Jarrett due to all of his shoot interviews and stuff. And I don't get the impression that he's that interested in doing anything with WWE.

I cant remember if Lex Luger was "welcomed back" so to speak and he was a star ofnthe 90s.

They could recognise Chyna if/when DX are given the HoF thing.

Well old James E brought up the hof when bossman got in and people wanted him to do it because of their history. Cornette said he doubted if WWE would ever call him and also when you go into the hall of fame you have to sign a legends deal and he wouldn't do it he said.

A random thought is that randy savage was a better all around performer and also a less selfish wrestler than hogan and others in the Nwo. Savage craps all over hogan in many ways. I still can't believe that old orange goblin got to induct savage into the HOF.

I say this as I've just watched the Halloween havoc 1997 match between savage and DDP and savage could have made DDP look like a joke in this match and this feud. But no savage wins but he also elevates DDP. That's what a superstar like savage was was meant to do. Not bury the other talent not in the nwo.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Kurt Angle said he will be back in WWE before he retires and has talked about meeting triple h etc Imagine he mite start out with being the headline character for WWE 2k18 and then have a match at mania 34. Would not rule out a return in 2017 sumtime either

Jeff and Matt Hardy, maybe Rey Mysterio would be big returns after that it's slim pickings as almost all the wcw/ecw/attitude era and Tna major stars have been in WWE (either debuting or returning)

A CM Punk WWE return would be huge but not going to happen anytime soon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

What about Vader coming back? Or is he too old?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

764dak wrote: »
    What about Vader coming back? Or is he too old?

He already did a couple of years ago in that angle where all the legends squashed Slater

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    A random thought is that randy savage was a better all around performer and also a less selfish wrestler than hogan and others in the Nwo. Savage craps all over hogan in many ways. I still can't believe that old orange goblin got to induct savage into the HOF.

I say this as I've just watched the Halloween havoc 1997 match between savage and DDP and savage could have made DDP look like a joke in this match and this feud. But no savage wins but he also elevates DDP. That's what a superstar like savage was was meant to do. Not bury the other talent not in the nwo.

His brother Lanny inducted him?

gerrybbadd wrote: »

His brother Lanny inducted him?
    No his brother accepted the HOF induction on randys behalf but old steroid man inducted him.

I've come to dislike hulk hogan more and more as the years pass. Yes without him pro wrestling wouldn't have had the profile it had but the man is a horrible person afraid of losing his spot and buried many people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I had the luxury of first getting into wrestling when Hogan was at what may be the peak of that time in WCW, so I've never really liked Hogan from the off. When he had his return to WWE in 2002 or so, I still remembered him as the backstabbing jackass, who was too old for me to believe should be a world champ.

Angron wrote: »
    I had the luxury of first getting into wrestling when Hogan was at what may be the peak of that time in WCW, so I've never really liked Hogan from the off. When he had his return to WWE in 2002 or so, I still remembered him as the backstabbing jackass, who was too old for me to believe should be a world champ.

Hogan was haunted that Verne gagne was an old timer who was stuck in the past and Vince jr decided to pick him as the rocket to launch WWF nationally and globally. The only thing that hogan did was speed up the launch into orbit.

Without Vince jr picking him he'd have amounted to a fraction of what he did achieve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Hogan was haunted that Verne gagne was an old timer who was stuck in the past and Vince jr decided to pick him as the rocket to launch WWF nationally and globally. The only thing that hogan did was speed up the launch into orbit.

Without Vince jr picking him he'd have amounted to a fraction of what he did achieve.

What came first, the chicken or the egg?? Its absolutely impossible to tell if Hogan would have amounted to zilch without Vince. The same way its impossible to say Vince wouldnt have been a billionaire without Hogan.

What we can say though is that Hogan was already the top star in AWA and the top gajin in NJPW and was the first ever IWGP champion. If Vince didnt pick him up its likely Jim Crockett would have. So Hogan may not have become a multi millionaire mainstream crossover celebrity and hero to millions of kids but he was well on his way to being a damn good and quite successful wrestler without Vince.
    And Vince for his part was thinking ahead of all the old promoters so even without Hogan its probable he would have changed the business. Would WWF have become the mainstream juggernaut without Hogan as the guy leading the charge? Maybe, maybe not. But Vince was likely to be the #1 wrestling company in North America in 1985 with or without Hogan because of his aggressive recruitment of talent and being based in New York which is a huge factor that people very rarely mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Scott Steiner to certain extent.

LeeJM wrote: »

What came first, the chicken or the egg?? Its absolutely impossible to tell if Hogan would have amounted to zilch without Vince. The same way its impossible to say Vince wouldnt have been a billionaire without Hogan.

What we can say though is that Hogan was already the top star in AWA and the top gajin in NJPW and was the first ever IWGP champion. If Vince didnt pick him up its likely Jim Crockett would have. So Hogan may not have become a multi millionaire mainstream crossover celebrity and hero to millions of kids but he was well on his way to being a damn good and quite successful wrestler without Vince.
    And Vince for his part was thinking ahead of all the old promoters so even without Hogan its probable he would have changed the business. Would WWF have become the mainstream juggernaut without Hogan as the guy leading the charge? Maybe, maybe not. But Vince was likely to be the #1 wrestling company in North America in 1985 with or without Hogan because of his aggressive recruitment of talent and being based in New York which is a huge factor that people very rarely mention.
    Top star in AWA ? He wasn't even the champion in the AWA nick Bockwinkel was and rightly so even if I didn't like the shenanigans of the top rope DQs.

The first IWPG champ was anoki in 1987 so no hogan wasn't the first IWPG champion. Are you just making stuff up or what ?

Yeah Vince was going national anyway with or without hogan. Hogan wouldn't have fit the wrasslin style of JCPs in the 1980s and the guys there were able to go in the ring whereas hulk couldn't or at least never showed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

Itssoeasy wrote:
    Top star in AWA ? He wasn't even the champion in the AWA nick Bockwinkel was and rightly so even if I didn't like the shenanigans of the top rope DQs.

Not that I'm taking sides in you guys' debate here but he is right, Hogan was the top star in AWA before he jumped back to WWE(F) even though he never actually won the company's heavyweight title. You have to remember that Rocky 3 came out while Hogan was in AWA, he left WWE initially because the McMahons didn't want him in the movie. Hogan, to his credit, saw that he could transition to Hollywood and become bigger star from it before the McMahons ever did.
    Itssoeasy wrote:
    The first IWPG champ was anoki in 1987 so no hogan wasn't the first IWPG champion. Are you just making stuff up or what ?

You're being a bit harsh here with the making stuff up part but you're both actually right sorta. Inoki was the first official IWGP champion, but before the actual physical championship existed they held a IWGP tournament, of which Hogan was the first ever winner.

I think to jump to the conclusion that Hogan would have been a big star in wrestling without the "Hulkamania" era is a fair assessment. He would never have come close to the heights he reached with Vince, but he still would have been a incredibly famous wrestler. As much flack as Hogan gets, he has star presence and always did have buckets of charisma and likeability.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If Hogan headlined a wrestling event in Dublin (he would be a GM nowadays I'd imagine but could still work a match) I'd go in a heartbeat as he is wrestling legend who changed the industry

He will be back in the WWE fold in someway in the near future

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement