Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    On Chris Jericho, no one else on the roster (and that's not a put down either), could get the 2 phrases "Stupid Idiot" & "You Just Made The List" over with the crowd..

Don't forget "It."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't forget "It."

Don't forget what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Don't forget what?

....'it'!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

J. Marston wrote: »
    Don't forget "It."
    ShagNastii wrote: »
    Don't forget what?
    ....'it'!!!!

I honestly can't see this ever getting old :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

x43r0 wrote: »
    I honestly can't see this ever getting old :D

What getting old? :p

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

jaykhunter wrote: »
    What getting old? :p

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

A random thought is that Eva Marie has no interest in ever getting back in the ring. She used/is using WWE as a stepping stone to in her mind bigger things. She is this generations sable.

All the female in ring competitors and Renee/Jojo etc seem to want to contribute in some way to the business. And I as a wrestling fan appreciate that. I mean some of the in ring talent are better than others but they all try to get better.

Eva Marie is filming a movie and hopefully she can act better than she can wrestle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Going back watching RAW from 2004-2006, I really like Gene Snitskey from a comedy point of view.

He would be a great Royal Rumble surprise appearance, if we could hear "it wasn't my fault" again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Going back watching RAW from 2004-2006, I really like Gene Snitskey from a comedy point of view.

He would be a great Royal Rumble surprise appearance, if we could hear "it wasn't my fault" again.

Him and Katie Vick I still can not stop laughing at.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Smackdown's women's division is better. Raw's women's division is all about Charlotte and especially Sasha Banks. They mostly talk about doing this and that to "prove how women have come far." Their women's revolution insists upon itself. Smackdown's women don't need to talk about a revolution. Their rivalries speak for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

764dak wrote: »
    Smackdown's women's division is better. Raw's women's division is all about Charlotte and especially Sasha Banks. They mostly talk about doing this and that to "prove how women have come far." Their women's revolution insists upon itself. Smackdown's women don't need to talk about a revolution. Their rivalries speak for themselves.

You think so? I would say Raw's division looks far stronger. They have a lot of star power there: Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, Nia, Emmalina soon too, and she will probably get a decent push.

The only comparable names to the above on Smackdown imo are Becky and Nikki Bella. After them there's a big drop off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

You think so? I would say Raw's division looks far stronger. They have a lot of star power there: Charlotte, Sasha, Bayley, Nia, Emmalina soon too, and she will probably get a decent push.

The only comparable names to the above on Smackdown imo are Becky and Nikki Bella. After them there's a big drop off.
    And Alexa Bliss, the heat she has and the promos she is delivering is amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

The difference is that smackdown are building a division while raw have only concentrated on sasha and Charlotte. Added to that is they keep telling us about it being a 'revolution' instead of just getting on with it on Raw. I don't think there's a huge difference between the two womens' rosters but smackdown has made far better use of what they have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Random thought of the day..Charlotte and Becky are obviously very close friends. Being on separate brands seems to be difficult for them given the amount of time they spend posting to and about each other on social media. Didn't notice it until recently, maybe they were maintaining kayfabe!

Pentecost wrote: »
    Random thought of the day..Charlotte and Becky are obviously very close friends. Being on separate brands seems to be difficult for them given the amount of time they spend posting to and about each other on social media. Didn't notice it until recently, maybe they were maintaining kayfabe!

Yeah I noticed that aswell. I mean kayfabe is dead and I have no problem with becky and charlotte posting stuff on social media.

Ali Bomaye wrote: »
    The difference is that smackdown are building a division while raw have only concentrated on sasha and Charlotte. Added to that is they keep telling us about it being a 'revolution' instead of just getting on with it on Raw. I don't think there's a huge difference between the two womens' rosters but smackdown has made far better use of what they have.

Raw concentrated on more than just Sasha and Charlotte. Bayley and Dana Brooke have been given a lot of air time - though I'm glad that feud is over - and Nia Jax has been pushed hard. They have also heavily promoted the 'makeover of Emmalina'.

Besides Becky and Alexa which does interest me, what else have they done? Nikki and Carmella sucks imo. I like Naomi's entrance but she hardly ever wins. Natalya is backstage using lyrics from decades old songs. I don't see anything special here and I think when Becky was missing her absence was very noticeable.
    Itssoeasy wrote:
    Yeah I noticed that aswell. I mean kayfabe is dead and I have no problem with becky and charlotte posting stuff on social media.

I do. I've ranted about this before but I hate that. Becky congratulated Charlotte on Twitter after she won the title in the Cell which I thought was beyond stupid. The two may well bump into each other backstage in some confrontational segment at Survivor Series, especially if they are both still champs, and it's difficult for me to suspend disbelief when it's shoved in my face that nothing is to be taken seriously.

I was thinking about this recently but I reckon this is part of the reason why I love watching Brock. Imagine how worse he'd be as a character if he was posting on Twitter pictures of himself hugging kids and sending congratulatory tweets to Goldberg on his great promo a few weeks ago. It would totally ruin it for me. I'm sure the guy is good to kids in reality and probably sent a congratulatory text to Goldberg but I don't get to see any of that, and so it helps me to buy into the character of Brock as a mean, destructive S.O.B.

As Corny puts it, just because kayfabe's dead doesn't mean you should piss on the corpse.

Raw concentrated on more than just Sasha and Charlotte. Bayley and Dana Brooke have been given a lot of air time - though I'm glad that feud is over - and Nia Jax has been pushed hard. They have also heavily promoted the 'makeover of Emmalina'.

Besides Becky and Alexa which does interest me, what else have they done? Nikki and Carmella sucks imo. I like Naomi's entrance but she hardly ever wins. Natalya is backstage using lyrics from decades old songs. I don't see anything special here and I think when Becky was missing her absence was very noticeable.

While Bayley and Dana have been given air time the feud didn't accomplish anything, it really existed just to fill time. I'm a big fan of Emma and think she's the best of the women on raw so I do hope that goes well, but I'll see how it goes before pointing to it as a positive. I haven't seen Summer Rae since the draft. Alicia Fox was only used to give Nia someone to beat. Meanwhile Sasha has been more interested in creating history and telling us all how great women are than just concentrating on the feud with Charlotte.

At least what happens on smackdown actually has a purpose. When Becky got hurt Naomi had a feud with Alexa where she was trying to earn a title shot. Carmella is trying to make a name for herself at the expense of Nikki Bella.

While Bayley and Dana have been given air time the feud didn't accomplish anything, it really existed just to fill time. I'm a big fan of Emma and think she's the best of the women on raw so I do hope that goes well, but I'll see how it goes before pointing to it as a positive. I haven't seen Summer Rae since the draft. Alicia Fox was only used to give Nia someone to beat. Meanwhile Sasha has been more interested in creating history and telling us all how great women are than just concentrating on the feud with Charlotte.

At least what happens on smackdown actually has a purpose. When Becky got hurt Naomi had a feud with Alexa where she was trying to earn a title shot. Carmella is trying to make a name for herself at the expense of Nikki Bella.

I'm not going to defend the booking of the women on Raw as I agree a lot of it has been disappointing; but it's an exaggeration to say it's only concentrated on Sasha and Charlotte.

I think you're giving Smackdown's women's feuds too much credit tbh. They have far less women than Raw so they are compelled to focus on them and I would say, Becky and Alexa aside, there's not a lot to get excited about.

Also bear in mind this is a division where they refuse to let the champion speak because they find her accent painful on their ears. Regardless of what one thinks of her accent, that's a pretty lousy and disrespectful attitude.

I'm not going to defend the booking of the women on Raw as I agree a lot of it has been disappointing; but it's an exaggeration to say it's only concentrated on Sasha and Charlotte.

I think you're giving Smackdown's women's feuds too much credit tbh. They have far less women than Raw so they are compelled to focus on them and I would say, Becky and Alexa aside, there's not a lot to get excited about.

Also bear in mind this is a division where they refuse to let the champion speak because they find her accent painful on their ears. Regardless of what one thinks of her accent, that's a pretty lousy and disrespectful attitude.

I don't think the smackdown's womens division is that strong. The women's matches at No Mercy were very week. I just think that it has been booked well.

Also on the Becky not being let speak thing. Is there actually anything credible to suggest that she's not being let speak as I think I saw it was Bryan Alvarez who reported it and I wouldn't consider that credible. It's also not clear who Becky's tweet was aimed at. Becky has had a lot of promo time iirc.

Kevin Dunn ladies and gentlemen. He thinks hes making an Emmy nominated tv show and not a wrestling tv show and despises the wrestling business despite it making him very wealthy. He's a huge problem with the direction WWE has gone.

I mean Paul bearer aka Percy Pringle said in a shoot interview that he's lucky he wasn't hated by many in the wrestling business but Kevin Dunn was one of them who hated him. And Paul said he didn't dislike many either but he " I ****ing hate you Kevin Dunn."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

You know that featurette that WWE does on former stars about what they're up to now? Well I think they should do a kayfabe one on the three faces of Foley.

Mankind is currently working as a counselor for troubled children in a public high school. Due to budgetary constraints, his office is in the boiler room.

Dude Love is the owner and operator of the Love Shack, Florida's most famous tiki bar. Saturday is karaoke night and every night is ladies night, because the ladies love the dude.

Cactus Jack does not appear on the program because his whereabouts are unknown but various associates of his make claims about what he's been up to. Terry Funk, for example, claims he became the most legendary bounty hunter the southwest ever saw.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

This is to anyone here who was watching attentively around 2004. Was the retirement of Pat Patterson from a full-time role backstage very noticeable in terms of how things were booked?

I don't think the smackdown's womens division is that strong. The women's matches at No Mercy were very week. I just think that it has been booked well.

Also on the Becky not being let speak thing. Is there actually anything credible to suggest that she's not being let speak as I think I saw it was Bryan Alvarez who reported it and I wouldn't consider that credible. It's also not clear who Becky's tweet was aimed at. Becky has had a lot of promo time iirc.

I would agree it's been booked well. I'd like to see the division get a bit more depth going forward. A pity Emma wasn't put on Smackdown. If I recall correctly she got a win over Becky before her lay-off so it could have been a nice feud between the two.

As regards Becky not being able to speak, you can tell there's truth to it from the way she is always interrupted whenever she begins to talk. That's always a clear sign they don't trust the person on the mic. They did this with Sting (despite him doing good promo work in TNA) and they did it to Goldberg this week on Raw where Heyman immediately interrupted him (despite Goldberg doing his best promo maybe ever last time on Raw).

Watch out for it in future as she'll get a sentence or two out and her opponent's music will hit.
    Itssoeasy wrote:
    Kevin Dunn ladies and gentlemen. He thinks hes making an Emmy nominated tv show and not a wrestling tv show and despises the wrestling business despite it making him very wealthy. He's a huge problem with the direction WWE has gone.

I mean Paul bearer aka Percy Pringle said in a shoot interview that he's lucky he wasn't hated by many in the wrestling business but Kevin Dunn was one of them who hated him. And Paul said he didn't dislike many either but he " I ****ing hate you Kevin Dunn."

I remember someone posted a few months back the details of those who have stock in the company; I was surprised to see he had so much. It looks like he will be influencing things for a long time yet unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Have to agree with those saying SmackDown is miles ahead of Raw in the women's division, and everything else too! The division follows the trend: Raw has the lion's share of talent, but SmackDown uses what they have so much more effectively.

Raw drag Sasha, Bayley and Charlotte out and try and force it, coasting on their work in NXT and assuming that everyone knows them without giving the majority who don't a reason to care, and it'll work every now and then through sheer hard work on the talent's part, but most of the time it just comes across forced.

SmackDown constantly surprises me with how much I care about the women: Eva Marie's heel shtick was intriguing for the few weeks it lasted, the Backlash title match was match of the night by a distance, Naomi has really stepped it up and I can't help but get into her entrance, Carmella and Nikki hooked me with their shoot-style promo a couple weeks back, Alexa has been killing it and overachieving in every little thing she does, Becky is Becky and even Natalya's new stupid bit quoting songs gets me laughing in spite of myself. I genuinely LOL'd when she said, "Have you seen my cat on Instagram?" a couple weeks back.

There's a self-awareness and honesty to the whole division that wins me over every time and just isn't there with Raw, with them shouting about it all being HISTORIC all the time and then all just seeming a bit off in practise.

Itssoeasy wrote:

I remember someone posted a few months back the details of those who have stock in the company; I was surprised to see he had so much. It looks like he will be influencing things for a long time yet unfortunately.[/quote]
    Well just because he has stock doesn't mean he'll have influence after trips and Steph tell him to go take a long walk.

I mean he was apparently dictating what nxt talent would be brought up. I mean Kevin Dunn is in charge of the tv side of the WWE product. He should be asked "are the cameras working ?" And "are they facing the right way ?" Other than that Kevin shouldn't and has no business involved in the creative side of who does what in that 20 x 20 squared circle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I love Jim Cornette's tirades at Dunn. Dunn telling him that he found Cornette tiresome in a creative meeting when Cornette was asking for logic in the booking of the Patriot is a particular highlight.

Dunn was more interested in booking some bull**** with Sable.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I love Jim Cornette's tirades at Dunn. Dunn telling him that he found Cornette tiresome in a creative meeting when Cornette was asking for logic in the booking of the Patriot is a particular highlight.

Dunn was more interested in booking some bull**** with Sable.

Ah yes I think that was the same time when Jim treated to pull Kevin over the table they were sitting at and everyone laughed except Jim Ross as cornette said he was the only one who knew he wasn't making an ideal treat and would do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,804 ✭✭✭✭briany

I know Dunn's been there a long, long time, and I know that a few former WWE stars have it out for the guy, but when I think of how he's hurt the product, or allegedly so, was he not also at the helm for our favourite moments? Or is it a case that Dunn has only ever had a bad influence and all the good stuff has been completely in spite of him and his creative vision?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Kevin Dunn is responsible for shaky "oh my god this brawl is so amazing look at them go" camera shooting. That undoes anything positive he may or may not offer as far as I'm concerned :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

tumblr_n1fgtxgXbC1qbxi45o2_r3_400.gif

I knew I remembered seeing that thing they did with Orton's eyes before, credit to twfs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement