Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

7e55a23ce3fab9c35e35eee3e62fe760.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Clemantis

Given his interactions with Piper and Jake the Snake, I'd say they are sill pretty high on Ambrose.

Of the three, I'd say Reigns has done best out of the Shield gimmick, but he is also the one that needed it most. Ambrose needed it the least, and I would say he as been stymied by it a little bit in terms of showing his promo ability.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm finding it weird that they keep bringing real life into storylines, especially with regard relationships. Like in this week's Main Event, Miz said how he was marrying Maryse (cue mutterings of "lucky backstard"). But how long will it be until they have him in a storyline with one of the divas. Or maybe Cody in an onscreen relationship with a diva after talking about his marriage recently.
    Then we have Natalya and Tyson who aren't exactly Macho Man and Liz. Of course they probably wouldn't publicise that releationship or Brie and Daniel's if it wasn't for Total Divas.

Oh, and yes, I know lots of guys would be telling everyone if they were marrying Maryse. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

This is in no way connected to wrestling itself, but the bizarre injection of Bottom jokes into this forum recently is one of the most awesome things ever.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Er..anybody watching TNA?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

sockmo wrote: »
    Er..anybody watching TNA?

Silly question - of course not.

I get my TNA fill when people post gifs of Brooke.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

gimmick wrote: »
    Silly question - of course not.

tumblr_mly874j58R1r8cm5vo1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

I HATE when Champions dont wear the title belt around their waist. It's understandable for the likes of Big Show or even Bully Ray. But way too many people carry it on their shoulder.

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I HATE when Champions dont wear the title belt around their waist. It's understandable for the likes of Big Show or even Bully Ray. But way too many people carry it on their shoulder.

I think it suits sometime sthe cocky heel champs, who nearly look as if they are too cool to wear it around their waist.

Id say sometimes its a case of them being able to move more freely without the belt if they are attacked or have to fight during an angle. I can imagine it would be a bit uncomfortable and would restrict movement if they were a belt was staped to their waist during an impromptu brawl.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

gimmick wrote: »

Here ya go:

tumblr_mqxw42BpF01rssf8ro2_250.giftumblr_mqxw42BpF01rssf8ro1_250.gif

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

re: Title Belts

What about people that drag it along the ground like Nash used to? I loved when MNM hung them from their waistlines, that was cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

gnfnrhead wrote: »

I think it's a gorram disgrace. A real champion will wear his title with respect.

I hate when Cena is champ and he fcuks the belt into the ring for his entrance or when someone uses it as a foreign object and drops it. It's a big deal to be a champion they should have a bit of respect for the title!

Omackeral wrote: »
    What about people that drag it along the ground like Nash used to?

He probably would dislocate his shoulder if he rested it on it :pac:
    I loved when MNM hung them from their waistlines, that was cool.

I loved this myself. Very sleazy looking and suited the team.

I think it's a gorram disgrace. A real champion will wear his title with respect.

I hate when Cena is champ and he fcuks the belt into the ring for his entrance or when someone uses it as a foreign object and drops it. It's a big deal to be a champion they should have a bit of respect for the title!

I hate this too, also Ambrose does the same. I recall one RAW not to long ago he just threw it carlessly over teh barrier during his entrance. Rollins looked disgusted when he did it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭LOTD

What about Austin when he carried the belt, it's supposed to show their character and attitude, I guess it has to do with the psychology aspect as well. Also it's pro wrestling the belts are basically props, I know kayfabe but that ship is long gone. I think it's hilarious when you see grown men in the audiences with the replica belt over their shoulder, wearing it with pride :p

If it riles you up and rubs you the wrong way because it shows a lack of respect then it's the perfect thing for some heels to do, see Bully Ray for example. Cena shouldn't be at it though.

I've got as much of a problem with heels doing it. They're supposed to be that way but when super face Cena throws this belt over the ropes and into the ring so he can run around for a bit, I've got a problem.

In kayfabe belts are the highest honour in the business. Even without kayfabe it's quite the honour to be chosen to represent a company with one of their titles. They may be props but a bit of respect wouldn't go amiss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Ambrose just leave his belt in the ring on Monday night Pipers pit after Punk and The Usos ran in. Punk handed it to Piper so did Piper give it back to Ambrose or did he just leave it lying around?

Jester252 wrote: »
    Ambrose just leave his belt in the ring on Monday night Pipers pit after Punk and The Usos ran in. Punk handed it to Piper so did Piper give it back to Ambrose or did he just leave it lying around?

Probably gave it to a stage hand. They'd have dropped it in the back for him to get later.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭Hematocyte

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I hate this too, also Ambrose does the same. I recall one RAW not to long ago he just threw it carlessly over teh barrier during his entrance. Rollins looked disgusted when he did it.

Heh, I was wondering about that one. I couldn't decide if it was actual professional disgust or just meant as another one of those little cues of dissension between the ranks of the Shield.

(It was at the start of the 30/12/2013 Raw btw if anyone wants to look for it.)

• Advertisement

I've got as much of a problem with heels doing it. They're supposed to be that way but when super face Cena throws this belt over the ropes and into the ring so he can run around for a bit, I've got a problem.

In kayfabe belts are the highest honour in the business. Even without kayfabe it's quite the honour to be chosen to represent a company with one of their titles. They may be props but a bit of respect wouldn't go amiss.

If heels doing it is pissing you off though, you're being worked! You of all people should know that HH!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

just watched the ryback vs ziggler match - the clothesline was f*cking ridiculous! He didnt even look and completely clubbed Ziggler at the side of the head!

just watched the ryback vs ziggler match - the clothesline was f*cking ridiculous! He didnt even look and completely clubbed Ziggler at the side of the head!

Didn't get to see it, was it that bad. Can't believe he has been wrestling for ten years, with over half of that in the developmental system. Says it all I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

What was the Lillian Garcia joke about on Raw?

Cianan2 wrote: »
    What was the Lillian Garcia joke about on Raw?

The hoarse voice comment, is a reference to the joke Triple H made years ago about Lillian implying she had a horse face , it was after she came back to the WWE to do guest ring announcing and Triple H say she was welcomed for one night to horse around or words to the effect, I think it a popular backstage joke amongst some people. Desperate attempt by Ryback to get in the good books

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think it suits sometime sthe cocky heel champs, who nearly look as if they are too cool to wear it around their waist.

Id say sometimes its a case of them being able to move more freely without the belt if they are attacked or have to fight during an angle. I can imagine it would be a bit uncomfortable and would restrict movement if they were a belt was staped to their waist during an impromptu brawl.

The point came up when I was watching Impact. Styles and Magnus both had the belt on their shoulders. Styles used to wear it properly, but stopped for some reason. They didnt even lay a finger on each other. Magnus especially should be wearing it around his waist considering he essentially sold out in order to win it. Fairly sure he used to wear the Tag titles around his waist so it's not like he never did it before.
    LOTD wrote: »
    What about Austin when he carried the belt, it's supposed to show their character and attitude, I guess it has to do with the psychology aspect as well. Also it's pro wrestling the belts are basically props, I know kayfabe but that ship is long gone. I think it's hilarious when you see grown men in the audiences with the replica belt over their shoulder, wearing it with pride :p

That's part of my problem. Being presented in this manner makes them look meaningless. Title belts are supposed to be the main goal. Look at AJ Lee. She was legit excited to have won the title. That alone makes the title look worthwhile. If you cant be bothered to wear it properly, it makes the title look unimportant. Even Austin would annoy me with the way he threw the belt around like it meant nothing.
    Omackeral wrote: »
    If heels doing it is pissing you off though, you're being worked! You of all people should know that HH!

And when babyfaces do it? It makes the titles look meaningless.

Yeah I agree that babyfaces shouldn't be doing it. That's why I said Cena has no business doing it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Belts on shoulders are seen more often on the camera probably something to do with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

All three members of The Shield have awesome hair. That is all :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Charisteas wrote: »
    All three members of The Shield have awesome hair. That is all :cool:

I am envious of Roman Reigns locks. They're hair is always wet too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement