Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    I watched SS 96 last night on the Network, certainly an interesting show.

Rocky's debut where the rocket is on him already with Sunny, JR and Vinnie all putting him over big time. Never mind the win to boot.

Reliving the horror of fake Diesel and Razor, with Vinnie staying cringingly quiet over his pet project while making JR look like the ****ing idiot putting them over. Yoko also looking like he was about to drop any second.

Al Snow was a new rocker....lol.

Even as a kid, Austin and Bret had a strange feel and build up and nothing changed for me last night. Great match of course, but there was just something in the air that suggested the tide was turning.

Crowd hated HBK and loved Psycho.

wasnt he getting backlash as he was potraying a cookie cutter good guy pushed to the moon but the fans just were nor with simalr to roman.

i could be wrong but always thought this happened to hbk in his title run.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Ahmed Johnson, Jazz & Scott Steiner also.

Oh, and the Elimination Chamber :D
    Steiner was more a return than a debut, he'd wrestled in WWE back in the early 90's with his brother. Won the tag titles too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Angron wrote: »
    Steiner was more a return than a debut, he'd wrestled in WWE back in the early 90's with his brother. Won the tag titles too.

That's true actually. Good point

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

I was thibking today, if Vince McMahin was to do a candid shoot interview, no corporate bs. A proper interview what questions would you like to ask him.

I think the invasion would be a big one for me, what was his reasoning for playing it out that way. Did he have the fans best interest at heart or was is more of a self serving thing. As thats what I believe it was, and as a company to treat it that way is a slap in the fans of the fans.

Why does he fail to cater to the IWC, who obviously are diehards? Obviously the casual audience is the biggest pull, but that has dropped so significantly from the heights of the attitude era, why cant he find that spark again?

Things like the draft, why does he choose to ignore the blantantly obvious issues.

Why does he not have compelling storylines for the midcarders?

Any regrets in how a particular situation was handled?

Any superstars he let slip?

Just a few questions that come to mind

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd probably just ask him why the hell does he keep pushing Roman at people, and why does Kevin Dunn still have a job.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

WWE posted a great video from their archive looking at some old Rock relics like the Brahma Bull belt that never appeared on TV - Link.

Would love to hear Vinces real thoughts on benoit and how they handled it and what he thought as it unfolded

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Why is Todd Phillips doing commentary on Smackdown?
    He sits there and barely says anything for 2 hours, it's bizarre

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Sirsok wrote: »
    I was thibking today, if Vince McMahin was to do a candid shoot interview, no corporate bs. A proper interview what questions would you like to ask him.

I think the invasion would be a big one for me, what was his reasoning for playing it out that way. Did he have the fans best interest at heart or was is more of a self serving thing. As thats what I believe it was, and as a company to treat it that way is a slap in the fans of the fans.

Why does he fail to cater to the IWC, who obviously are diehards? Obviously the casual audience is the biggest pull, but that has dropped so significantly from the heights of the attitude era, why cant he find that spark again?

Things like the draft, why does he choose to ignore the blantantly obvious issues.

Why does he not have compelling storylines for the midcarders?

Any regrets in how a particular situation was handled?

Any superstars he let slip?

Just a few questions that come to mind

What was his favourite match that he took part in?

What's it like beating up your kids in street fights and I quit matches?

How many Divas has he rode?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

ERG89 wrote: »
    Why is Todd Phillips doing commentary on Smackdown?
    He sits there and barely says anything for 2 hours, it's bizarre

Same as David Otunga. I thought Todd was there mortally just to shill the network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Yep the diva's one is what I'd ask and the obvious follow up ...which one was the best ride

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Angron wrote: »
    I'd probably just ask him why the hell does he keep pushing Roman at people, and why does Kevin Dunn still have a job.

Yep, "What is Kevin Dunn? Why is he... what is he?" would be the one I'd ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

I'm only realising now, but they almost always put the babies in the corner opposite the fixed cam, heels in the corner nearest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Tye Dillinger. Absolutely state of your entrance wear mate!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Neil3030 wrote: »
    I'm only realising now, but they almost always put the babies in the corner opposite the fixed cam, heels in the corner nearest.

Babyfaces have their face to the camera. Heels have their heels to the camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

OH MY GOD! Thunder in Paradise is currently airing on CBS Action!

Omackeral wrote: »

Lads your blowing my mind right now

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Omackeral wrote: »

Is that why heels are called heels? I never knew why.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Is that why heels are called heels? I never knew why.
    Heel is an old ass term for a bad guy, pre television for sure and pretty general usage.
    Not sure about babyface but it's pre-TV too, I suspect it's just that the good guy would be a pretty squeaky clean strapping young fellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I think Big E should return to the five count gimmick before New Day split

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,374 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Maybe it's just me but one thing that does my head in at live events is the people shouting ric flairs 'woooo'

If one person does it than other people are going too try it louder and louder

Had a prick behind me almost bust my ear drum at the tv tapings a few weeks ago shouting it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Wwe need to mic their rings way better going forward. I mean we all know that the wrestlers call moves/spots in the ring during a match. And some wrestlers seem to be worse then others, with Paige, John cena being shocking at it.

Although the ref with the eyebrows in nxt is taking the right royal piss with yelling "kick out" before he counts a pin fall for me at least takes me out of the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Although the ref with the eyebrows in nxt is taking the right royal piss with yelling "kick out" before he counts a pin fall for me at least takes me out of the moment.

Does he?? :confused: I've never noticed that. And that's not a thing refs are supposed to do in general, refs follow the wrestlers' lead in kick outs etc (as wrestlers are calling the match), so it'd be a weird thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leggo wrote: »
    Does he?? :confused: I've never noticed that. And that's not a thing refs are supposed to do in general, refs follow the wrestlers' lead in kick outs etc (as wrestlers are calling the match), so it'd be a weird thing to do.

Yep. it drives me nuts. I hadn't watched nxt for a bit and he did in every match he reffed Saturday night. He was doing his best tommy young impression of reacting to chops and even that annoyed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Watching Survivor Series and hearing Cole refer to Roman as The Big Dog while everyone was booing him suddenly made it sound like everyone was actually doing a Titus style barking, so they were actually supporting Roman.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Just watched the latest Eric Bicshoff doc on the network.

It could have been so much more. It was fasinating looking at his days in the AWA and early WCW days but they didnt go in-depth enough into the Nitro era (and what wa sthere was nothing we hadnt seen on many an episode of The monday Night war or other WCW docs) and then (as expected) they totally skipped over his TNA career with nothing (Eric actually says his career was over when Vince fired him and dumped him in the Garbage truck which was such a WWE rewrite of history).

Overall it was good but I wanted more... much more than what was here.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I watched the Bischoff documentary a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. I know you should only believe a small bit of what he says, and even that small bit has to be taken with a heap of salt but I could listen to him speak for hours, same goes for Russo.

WWE need to stop milking the Monday night wars/ECW though. They've sanitised and whitewashed Heyman so much that he only appears slightly scummy.

I didn't think the Bischoff doc was great. Even his WWE run they skimmed over in around 5 minutes. Learnt nothing new from the whole thing apart from his early life.

Also why do people still get upset when TNA runs are never covered? They are never covered in these WWE docs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Just heard a Dusty Rhodes promo clip on yesterdays Second Captains Football pod. What a time to be alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I watched the Bischoff documentary a few weeks ago and enjoyed it. I know you should only believe a small bit of what he says, and even that small bit has to be taken with a heap of salt but I could listen to him speak for hours, same goes for Russo

Hes a very easy man to listen to. Im happy for him now as he appears to be loving life out away from the city with his wife and he comes across very humble now.

I didn't think the Bischoff doc was great. Even his WWE run they skimmed over in around 5 minutes. Learnt nothing new from the whole thing apart from his early life.

Also why do people still get upset when TNA runs are never covered? They are never covered in these WWE docs.

I felt they could have elaborated so much more. Id love to though his thoughts on working with Sean Morley, his thoughts on working with so many ex WCW guys that he screwed over. I guess he goes over them in his book, he skims over so much on his WWE return.

In relation to the TNA career, yes I realise WWE aren’t going to mention them, but for him to say his career was over after WWE was just came off as a low blow. They could of just left that comment out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement