Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    He's still wrestling in TNA, as for the accident, that was 5 years ago.

Sound. I knew he had an accident and it sounded fairly big.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Sound. I knew he had an accident and it sounded fairly big.

Aye, from his wikipedia page about the accident.
    On May 5, 2011, Helms and his girlfriend were involved in a motorbike accident in North Carolina, for which Helms was charged with driving under the influence.Helms suffered a broken leg, ankle, jaw, and nose during the accident, as well as sustaining other fractures and receiving over 200 stitches, while his girlfriend sustained a broken neck. As a result of the accident, Helms' foot had to be reconstructed with four plates and 22 screws.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

I've said it before and I'll say it again...PAY TO PLAY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Stephanie deluding herself into thinking she'll be the first woman president right now

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

cant tell the difference between Rich Swan and Cedric Alexander lol

Noam Dar has a head for hitting

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

PTH2009 wrote: »

F*cking hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

They're hardly identical!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Yeah but they're both b....ald on the sides of their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For the age of Noam Dar, he seems to have the Liam Gallagher mannerisms down

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

very odd question

in the past when the guys bleed (bladed) was it there real blood and did wwe pay for blood injections for the guys straight after the match ???

Vince Mcmahon must of bleed gallons whenever he was in a match. Its very unhealthy to lose that amount of blood each night. The Guys in the old ECW must be feeling some serious impacts now

• Advertisement

When they bladed, they bladed and bled. There was no blood injection, whatever that is. The only time they'd use blood packets would be for internal bleeding storylines where they'd 'bleed' from the mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

very odd question

in the past when the guys bleed (bladed) was it there real blood and did wwe pay for blood injections for the guys straight after the match ???

Vince Mcmahon must of bleed gallons whenever he was in a match. Its very unhealthy to lose that amount of blood each night. The Guys in the old ECW must be feeling some serious impacts now

Cruel to say but look how many from ECW who had health/drug issues and or are dead now. Look at Mike Awesome vs Tanaka at ONS where they blast each other with full force hard as possible chair shots.
    They tried not to bleed excessively as they avoid knicking veins/arteries but Vince in particular was bad, I remember it spurting out of his head once like a faucet after he got hit by a chair. By Stephanie iirc :pac:
    And the buried alive match with Taker where he bladed after one punch or headering the steel cage vs Stone Cold
    I think Eddie cut a artery vs JBL which looked frightening, he had to get a blood transfusion. Despite that he still felt weak for some time afterwards.
    One of them dances ffs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I may be wrong and open to correct from any doctors on here (Im looking at you Jay), but only the heavy bleeders (Matt Hardy v Edge from SS05 for example or Eddie v JBL from GAB04 ) would have been in danger of a blood transfusion.

As far as I remember from giving blood, the body can lose a good bit and be fine once its patched up properly as your blood will eventually build back up over the 24 hours with a decent amount of rest as it regenerates itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I may be wrong and open to correct from any doctors on here (Im looking at you Jay), but only the heavy bleeders (Matt Hardy v Edge from SS05 for example or Eddie v JBL from GAB04 ) would have been in danger of a blood transfusion.

As far as I remember from giving blood, the body can lose a good bit and be fine once its patched up properly as your blood will eventually build back up over the 24 hours with a decent amount of rest as it regenerates itself.

Oh yeah I just said they avoid hitting arteries but mentioned Eddie did accidentally. I think Taker did as well vs Brock in their first HIAC match.
    I doubt they do transfusions too often only when required

Alot of guys would also take aspirin before the match to thin their blood so it would look even more impressive when they did blade. As for the Original ECW guys just look at how many are now dead because of the style of wrestling and their lifestyles outside the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

The Miz has benefited a lot from the draft since he has been on a roll for the past couple of months. I do see him becoming WWE champion again at some stage next year, if they keep The Miz and WWE Championship on Smackdown.

Also, he has brought back prestige back to IC championship which is something the likes of Dean Ambrose could never do.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Watching vengeance 2001 on the network and out of the four lads involved Jericho was the best guy of the four ? To quote the late great gorilla monsoon "highly unlikely"

I mean why book Jericho as the first ever undisputed worlds wrestling champion when you have the symbol of the NWA/WCW in the big gold belt and the then WWF world title on the line ? I mean rock, Austin, angle were clearly better choices than Jericho IMO.

I mean they go over the history of the two belts involved with a lovely video package selling the history of the titles.

But again chris Jericho ? Bad decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Watching vengeance 2001 on the network and out of the four lads involved Jericho was the best guy of the four ? To quote the late great gorilla monsoon "highly unlikely"

I mean why book Jericho as the first ever undisputed worlds wrestling champion when you have the symbol of the NWA/WCW in the big gold belt and the then WWF world title on the line ? I mean rock, Austin, angle were clearly better choices than Jericho IMO.

I mean they go over the history of the two belts involved with a lovely video package selling the history of the titles.

But again chris Jericho ? Bad decision.

At that time Jericho was probably best placed to carry the title as the type of heel they wanted.

Also, of all 4, Jericho was the easiest one to feed to Trips on his triumphant return. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah the decision was made with Mania in mind, remember it was Jericho who was involved in the match where he tore his quad (The iconic image is him doing the walls to him on the announce table). Plus Jericho was ****hot at the time and was the only one of the four who hadn't really got a run at the top, so he was fresh. Plus having Rock vs Austin in their rematch (which was expected) at Vengeance was too predictable and it was too big a match to do with zero build.

I'd say if they could book that entire post-Invasion to Mania period all over again they'd do it differently, but you can't criticise with 20/20 hindsight you have to judge the cards as they were then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I think it could be one of those angles that there was not real plan for long term and Vince was chopping and changing ideas up until the day of. TBH it could have went to either of the four as they were all white hot at the time.

Jericho did mention on his podcast that he only found out he was to become undisputed champ a few hours before the match.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Heath Slater deserves a further push. The last Talking Smack episode illustrates how good he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

2001 is the year the WWE should've been elevating Angle to the tip top to help fill the gap that would be left by Austin and Rock. Post 9/11 Angle surely should've held the title for a pretty long time a face?

Hunter coming back at the Rumble probably played a decent part in ****ing up the already ****ed booking of 2001. In the same kind of way as Rock being the anointed main eventer those two manias and Reigns being the anointed Lesnar killer left no room for any adaptability those years.

How cool was it at the first Roadblock (pre WrestleMania) to have the NXT Tag Titles on a WWE show? The Revival on the same card as HHH vs Dean Ambrose for the WWE Title. Has this happened any other time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭Deano7788

Omackeral wrote: »
    How cool was it at the first Roadblock (pre WrestleMania) to have the NXT Tag Titles on a WWE show? The Revival on the same card as HHH vs Dean Ambrose for the WWE Title. Has this happened any other time?

Finn Baylor beat Kevin Owens for the NXT Title at the Beast in the East Network special last year.

All were glorified house shows to be fair, though Balor v Owens was a special match

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since it's happening this Sunday, I was thinking that all champion vs champion title matches should be for both belts. Like what has Reigns got to lose? If Owens wins he leaves with his belt and Reigns leaves with his. If Reigns wins, he leaves with 2 belts and Owens leaves with nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rusev & Lana are money I'll never under why Vince can be so petty with talent that get over on their own or make a boo boo when they can make huge money for him and the company and themselves.

They have a great look they have talent and are great on the mic they can get over and get the right crowd reactions as heels, faces or tweeners.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

They need to make rusev the champ for me. He is amazing as is lana.

Watching Survivor Series 02 last night and forgot how much I liked this promo building up the first ever EC match.

• Advertisement

I love most WWE video packages. Expertly done. One of my favs is Summerslam 02 with St Anger. Its just edited, synced and timed to perfection

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement