Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

That video is the reason I cant hate that song. The album is trash but that video means I will always have a soft spot for St Anger.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Has there ever been as much of a turnaround of peoples opinion for a wrestler as Matt Hardy? Think back to how much people cringed at his video relinquishing the TNA title, to how he is now one of the best things in wrestling in the space of a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Has there ever been as much of a turnaround of peoples opinion for a wrestler as Matt Hardy? Think back to how much people cringed at his video relinquishing the TNA title, to how he is now one of the best things in wrestling in the space of a year.

Jericho earlier this year, a heel turn and a few tweeks on his character and he was arguably the best thing on Raw most weeks

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

And The Miz. Working with Flair and Piper over the years is paying off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

An File wrote: »

I don't think the miz has improved. Better storyline and his talent can come out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,801 ✭✭✭✭briany

We know that in wrestling, it's common for the heights and weights of male performers to be exaggerated to make them seem even bigger and more imposing than they already are. What do they do with the female performers? The same thing? Or are their heights and weights exactly on their real measurements since in the case of most female performers working at a high level in the industry not as much of an emphasis is placed on them being bigger?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

2016 has been the year of the Ryder I'm delighted for him.

After years of trying he has found his midcard level in 2016 and got his WM moment and goes home to Emma :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

An File wrote: »

More to do with Sandow and Maryse than either of those two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

briany wrote: »
    We know that in wrestling, it's common for the heights and weights of male performers to be exaggerated to make them seem even bigger and more imposing than they already are. What do they do with the female performers? The same thing? Or are their heights and weights exactly on their real measurements since in the case of most female performers working at a high level in the industry not as much of an emphasis is placed on them being bigger?
    They don't say their weights when introduced and they rarely mention their height or weight otherwise. On Raw they said Alicia Fox is 5'9" which seems true. They lied about AJ's weight when they said she was 95 pounds. She weighed over 100 pounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

http://i.imgur.com/JGDcbyk.jpg

He looked odd clean shaven

Never thought I'd see Triple H cut his trademark long hair but he done it in 2012, y2j and edge cut there hair too

List of apperance no no's

Stone cold with hair
    Shawn Michael's with short hair
    Cena, Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon with facial hair
    Kevin Owens and Taker clean shaven
    Brock Lesner with long hair

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

PTH2009 wrote: »
    http://i.imgur.com/JGDcbyk.jpg

He looked odd clean shaven

Never thought I'd see Triple H cut his trademark long hair but he done it in 2012, y2j and edge cut there hair too

List of apperance no no's

Stone cold with hair
    Shawn Michael's with short hair
    Cena, Vince McMahon and Shane McMahon with facial hair
    Kevin Owens and Taker clean shaven
    Brock Lesner with long hair
    1ff.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I find Bayley annoying.

Omackeral wrote: »
    I find Bayley annoying.

You sound like you need a hug

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

beakerjoe wrote: »
    You sound like you need a hug

More like a tug.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I find Bayley annoying.

More annoying than then natalya the Canadian charisma vacuum ? "Well i guess I could go out there." Christ fair city sounded like Shakespeare compare to that stuff at survivor series.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I find Bayley annoying.

You monster

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Omackeral finds Bayley annoying, as does Corey Graves, Omackeral is Corey Graves :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So he must love Eva Marie.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So he must love Eva Marie.

Don't we all

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    Don't we all

I don't. I don't like natalya but at least she has contributed to the business to some degree. Eva Marie hasn't and shows no signs of wanting to attempt to do that.

• Advertisement

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't. I don't like natalya but at least she has contributed to the business to some degree. Eva Marie hasn't and shows no signs of wanting to attempt to do that.

Ill say one thing above Eva Marie, no one IMO gets heat like her in this modern era. Shes an instant heat machine, even The Miz and Charlotte who are both arguably the best true heels WWE has at the moment, can't get the hatred she attracts.

While I agree she most likely has no love of the business, WWE could use her very effectively in the months to come. They were going in the right direction of her before her Wellness fail.

And even Mick implying Sami was on her level which was intended and taken as an insult, proves they know her ability.

Not going to lie lads i was a bit drunk saying that:pac:

i feel she is a wrestler who has a great character that is im too good for this but as a wrestler she is so slow and trying not to screw up.

Vince was/probably is very high on her. That’s the opinion that counts. I’m sure there are those who aren’t high on her for obvious reasons. But she has a WWE contract and an E! contract too. So theres a lot who she money in her.

Some think she sees wrestling as a stepping stone to greater things, acting etc. She was personal trained by Brain Kendrick in the Performance Centre away from others, which is a sign she definitely has supporters who want her to succeed. Depending on who you read, rumours of a bad attitude and lack of enthusiasm for the training. She had her enemies/detractors from her initial Main Roster Run based on her contact (lots of cash compared to others) and her general attitude. Some resented her for being given the personal training by Kendrick, as they didn’t feel she deserved the treatment, esp at a time when other Main roster Divas like Emma were being misused and treated like an afterthought (before Emma’s “evil Emma” NXT run, Emma repeatedly asked to go back to NXT as did others). Those in NXT resented her because she didn’t train with them at the PC or compete at live events and she got flown to arenas for main roster appearances when others had to drive.

Theres plenty of marketability with her no doubt and if her character is written right (which since her move to SD it is IMO) that’s most of the battle won. I just wouldn’t expect any classic matches out of her.

Micks comments could be sly digs from one of her detractors on the RAW writing team or may be a sign she’s in the dog house for failing her wellness test. But make no mistake, WWE see money in her.

Herself and Jojo both appeared on tv at the same, but at least Jojo is now in a role more suited to her lack of wrestling ability. Eva Marie is just a pretty face(and the rest), but there are other pretty faces that have the ability in ring as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have to say I don't get the whole Bayley thing either.

The Eva Marie gimmick they started on Smackdown was one of the best they had done in years just a pity she doped out for a bit just as it looked like it was working and then went off to film a movie as I think that had legs to go for awhile and get her over as a great hate character in the right way.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What's the future of NXT going to like ???

The big names like Joe, Nakamura,Roode,Aries, revival, Eric Young etc will eventually/order to be pushed to the Main Roster or will go elsewhere

When there gone who's left in the brand ???

The big names like Joe, Nakamura,Roode,Aries, revival, Eric Young etc will eventually/order to be pushed to the Main Roster or will go elsewhere

before 205live i thought nxt would become the cruiser-weights and the upcoming talent but im not sure what happens now.

it wouldnt surprise me if roode, aeries and young stayed in nxt with them being the established names for the brand.

The big names like Joe, Nakamura, Roode,Aries, revival, Eric Young etc will eventually/order to be pushed to the Main Roster or will go elsewhere

Chris Hero could easily come in a be a top name. Roode Aries and Young won't be moved up to soon I'll bet. Joe and Nakamura could easily move up soon.

I wouldnt mind see Nakamura move up and Roode win the title and have a debuting Chris Hero return as a top contender.

Id love to see Ibushi sign though he seems reluctant.

Big Damo, Tommy End, Cien Almas, EY, Asuka, Athena and others are all there. Add some ROH talent rumoured to be signing like Jay Lethal, Dalton Castle and Adam Cole and NXT will be grand

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

sky88 wrote: »
    before 205live i thought nxt would become the cruiser-weights and the upcoming talent but im not sure what happens now.

it wouldnt surprise me if roode, aeries and young stayed in nxt with them being the established names for the brand.

agreed, I could totally see Joe, Roode, Yound and Aries staying there for their whole wwe tenure as a "punishment" for being TNA guys. I had the same fear this time last year for AJ when the rumours of him signing started, so what do I know!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement