Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

GTR63 wrote: »
    I am envious of Roman Reigns locks. They're hair is always wet too.

The wet look is awesome though. Don't see enough of that in Dublin. Is it water or baby-oil though, that's the burning question.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Charisteas wrote: »
    The wet look is awesome though. Don't see enough of that in Dublin. Is it water or baby-oil though, that's the burning question.

Massive amounts of gel.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Gel dries out pretty quick - it's baby oil. It feels absolutely nasty, looks amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Yeah I was thinking baby-oil. Looks great but stains clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Mark henry is really underated by fans

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

sky88 wrote: »
    Mark henry is really underated by fans

Everyone I know thinks Mark Henry is at least very good. Rarely ever see anyone down talk him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,296 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Everyone I know thinks Mark Henry is at least very good. Rarely ever see anyone down talk him.

Agreed, it wasn't always the case but since his stint on ECW has been excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JrdanB

I grew up on Mark Henry being awful so his turning point for me was when he threw that audio guy into oblivion off the stage - and ever since then he's been pretty amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JrdanB wrote: »
    I grew up on Mark Henry being awful so his turning point for me was when he threw that audio guy into oblivion off the stage - and ever since then he's been pretty amazing!

It took his ECW champ reign I think for my mind to change regarding Mizark. His early career wasn't bad but not great. Liked his tag team stint with D-Lo but that was it. Sexual chocolate while in retrospect was hilarious it sucked at the time and really damaged him.

His feud with Taker wasn't bad but I always felt that Takers streak wasn't going to end at his hands

• Registered Users Posts: 8,407 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I hate Mark Henry and always have. Everyone acts like he's been great his entire career. His whole career has been mediocre(And so has he) apart from one good year he had. Yet fans go on about him like he's Chris Jericho or Stone Cold or something. I think I remember one fan saying he's one of the best in ring workers in the company. I laughed at that one.

I remember reading something around the time Henry got pushed, that the Hall of Pain gimmick was Brodus Clay's idea originally, and WWE gave it to Mark instead. If that was true then I'm truly sad by that, because I like Clay and think he would have made a good big man/monster wrestler.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I'd probably somewhat agree with you on the concession on Mark Henry. It makes you wonder how (if he was any good) Henry didn't get over during his first ten years.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I hate Mark Henry and always have. Everyone acts like he's been great his entire career. His whole career has been mediocre(And so has he) apart from one good year he had. Yet fans go on about him like he's Chris Jericho or Stone Cold or something. I think I remember one fan saying he's one of the best in ring workers in the company. I laughed at that one.

I remember reading something around the time Henry got pushed, that the Hall of Pain gimmick was Brodus Clay's idea originally, and WWE gave it to Mark instead. If that was true then I'm truly sad by that, because I like Clay and think he would have made a good big man/monster wrestler.

You laugh at the idea of Henry being good, but think Brodus Clay should have been pushed in his place?

That's like saying they should have pushed Gangrel instead of Edge and Christian. One is miles better than the other.

You laugh at the idea of Henry being good, but think Brodus Clay should have been pushed in his place?

That's like saying they should have pushed Gangrel instead of Edge and Christian. One is miles better than the other.

Let's put it this way, in a choice between Mark Henry who is much older and has had numerous opportunities to become a star and failed, and Brodus Clay who is young and could have had the opportunity to become a new monster wrestler for WWE. Then yeah, I would pick Clay.

And I don't see how you can make a comparison between Gangrel and Edge & Christian, and this tbh. Of the trio you mentioned, only Edge is the one who got the real push in the end. But he was a pet project of WWE's since the day he got into WWE. Christian was was treated like s*hit for years and never seen as a big deal, and as far as i'm concerned he is still treated like s*it. Gangrel just didn't have it going for him. Brodus Clay is a different case altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

That time he "injured" Batista and then faced Kurt Angle for the WHC, i had been watching for 2 years and hadn't a clue who he was, thought he was new. Said a lot for how much he was talked about at the time

• Registered Users Posts: 33,165 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Let's put it this way, in a choice between Mark Henry who is much older and has had numerous opportunities to become a star and failed, and Brodus Clay who is young and could have had the opportunity to become a new monster wrestler for WWE. Then yeah, I would pick Clay.

And I don't see how you can make a comparison between Gangrel and Edge & Christian, and this tbh. Of the trio you mentioned, only Edge is the one who got the real push in the end. But he was a pet project of WWE's since the day he got into WWE. Christian was was treated like s*hit for years and never seen as a big deal, and as far as i'm concerned he is still treated like s*it. Gangrel just didn't have it going for him. Brodus Clay is a different case altogether.
    Brodus Clay would never have made it though. He just doesn't have it. Mark Henry may be older but he has it. Mark Henry putting over Big E Langston, no problem. I'd have Henry over Langston at the moment but Langston is obviously going to improve and improve in all aspects of his work. Mark Henry putting over Brodus Clay, no.

CSF wrote: »
    Brodus Clay would never have made it though. He just doesn't have it. Mark Henry may be older but he has it. Mark Henry putting over Big E Langston, no problem. I'd have Henry over Langston at the moment but Langston is obviously going to improve and improve in all aspects of his work. Mark Henry putting over Brodus Clay, no.

If Mark Henry had it, he would have made it a long time ago. He didn't technically make it though. Either way, I stand by what I said about Clay. I think he does have it, just had to give him the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

When Brock "breaks" Big Sows arm at the Rumble how long will it be until he returns as a heel & says we didn`t care about it happening?

I'd say the post show would be a good bet

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I hate seeing specific dates that talent has been contracted for. Ruins a lot of potential suprises. Anytime I see a post with great detail of something like that, I scroll through. For example, I love not knowing when Brock will show up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭Hashtag_HEEL

Don't even think this needs saying but:

The blossom twins> Bella Twins

• Advertisement

Don't even think this needs saying but:

The blossom twins> Bella Twins

I wish they got more airtime. It's not like the Knockouts division is overloaded or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

I wish they got more airtime. It's not like the Knockouts division is overloaded or anything.

They're gone.

They're gone.

One of them wrestled only recently on Impact.

Don't think they were ever on the official roster so I'm guessing they had the same deal the likes of Petey Williams had.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

did TNA not get rid of OVW completely? so think they are still there but chances of them being on TNA again is slim

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

On the old In Your House PPVs: WHY WAS THE FRONT DOOR NOT THE ENTRANCE WAY!??? Something that has always wrecked my head when I watch those shows.

I wonder can WWE keep returns secret if they want to.

Nobody knew Jericho was coming back at the Rumble last year, whereas everyone knew Lesnar was gonna show up night after Mania

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

No, if they could then Batista's return wouldnt have gotten out. It depends who it is whether it gets leaked. And if someone's spotted at the airport etc. it if word of talks get out like with Brock

But with Batista's return, he was a major figure for what 6 years, so his return will boost ratings, as opposed to a surprise attack at the of Raw.

I'd like to think WWE are smarter than they're given credit for

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Foggy.nelson

Just watching afterburn and I wish 2 cool would come back to boost the tag division

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement