Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Im sure their "punishment" of being in NXT actually getting paid every week/month is much better than being in TNA waiting 3 months for some payment. Aries is gonna be on 205 Live going forward which is a pretty good slot for him. NXT is gonna be fine with Roode, Young, Roddy, Tommy End, Big Damo and Dillinger already there. Chris Hero, Kyle O'Reilly, Adam Cole, Jay Lethal, Steve Corino (as a trainer but well able to work a match if needed) and a few others all rumoured to be on the way to WWE fairly soon. Dont be surprised to see the Hardys come back to WWE after Mania also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

LeeJM wrote: »
    Im sure their "punishment" of being in NXT actually getting paid every week/month is much better than being in TNA waiting 3 months for some payment. Aries is gonna be on 205 Live going forward which is a pretty good slot for him. NXT is gonna be fine with Roode, Young, Roddy, Tommy End, Big Damo and Dillinger already there. Chris Hero, Kyle O'Reilly, Adam Cole, Jay Lethal, Steve Corino (as a trainer but well able to work a match if needed) and a few others all rumoured to be on the way to WWE fairly soon. Dont be surprised to see the Hardys come back to WWE after Mania also.

Could you imagine the pop if they came back the night after mania

sky88 wrote: »

Could you imagine the pop if they came back the night after mania
    Dont rule it out! Their TNA contracts are up in March and the way HHH is raiding talent from everyone I am of the belief that they will be back in WWE in 2017.

Dont rule it out! Their TNA contracts are up in March and the way HHH is raiding talent from everyone I am of the belief that they will be back in WWE in 2017.

the only way i see they dont go back is if TNA give him the booking power over the whole show.

Which with Jarrett possibly coming back isnt gonna happen. To be honest if TNA is rebranded and has a WCW-esque relaunch with Jarrett in charge I will definitely give it 6-8 weeks to make a good impression. There is some decent talent there and Jeff isnt afraid to use people smarter than himself like Dutch Mantell, Scott D'Amore etc. But so long as its TNA and Dixie remains a player then I have absolutely no interest in the product.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess the number 1 contenders tournament is an indication of who they're looking to push in NXT

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Is the DDT going up in the world again?

I seem to recall seeing quite a few matches ended with DDT variations lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,626 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I would love to see the WWE let Sheamus & Cesaro have an old fashioned stiff hard hitting feud with Anderson & Gallows over the next few months till WM and have the Bullet Club formed then with a returning Finn.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ordered the true story of the royal rumble blu ray off Amazon today (priority delivery so should have it by Wednesday or Thursday)

Could not find it online anywhere and it won't be uploaded to the network for a while.

Looking forward to watching it. Love any thing rumble related. It's must be an awesome ppv too be at

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

It's just such a great gimmick. Plus the fact it happens only once a year so close to mania means it seldom disappoints.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

The problem with the Hardys is that they'll almost certainly return as a tag team. Regardless of how much Matt has been over this year, Jeff is still the star, the one that still has the potential to be a top of the card main eventer. Having him return as one of the hardy boys, and the subsequent Hardy boys rivalry... he'll be stale as hell by the time he's solo again.

No need to immediately bump Hero to the main card, he's more than capable of filling a Joe/Nakamura gap. Glad they've turned a corner on him, never got their issues with his look either tbh, guy has a great look (and I'm someone who thinks Kevin Owens looks like ****), just put him in with a few short guys so his height stops people immediately focusing on his gut.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Jericho using names like Mutton Head....... my Dad whos a big "Brain kerr" like dub has been calling me that for years. Love it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

So has anybody here got Floslam? And, if so, how's it working out for you? Is the video player reliable? Do yiu find it good value for money?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Ive been mulling it over, but im smashed financially until after xmas. SarahVOW has it and at least last month she seemed to be enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Ive been mulling it over, but im smashed financially until after xmas. SarahVOW has it and at least last month she seemed to be enjoying it.

Im seriously considering it as a Christmas present to myself. I'm thinking of getting thd year long subscription, having watched some if their free match of the weeks, the video player has held up very well, just wanted other's experiences with it. Content range seems very good snd they seem to be adding to it all the time.

ive been tempeted to get floslam but finances arent great and im not sure ill get a chance to watch much. i rarley get a chance to watch all the wwe i want to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Has anyone watched the 'True Story of the Royal Rumble' yet? What's the verdict?

I was mad to get it to watch at home over Christmas but I don't even own a DVD player anymore and the only other outlet I could find was Amazon Video and I don't fancy going down that route. I've tried other, less honest methods but it doesn't seem to be up anywhere I'd normally look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

x43r0 wrote: »
    Has anyone watched the 'True Story of the Royal Rumble' yet? What's the verdict?

I was mad to get it to watch at home over Christmas but I don't even own a DVD player anymore and the only other outlet I could find was Amazon Video and I don't fancy going down that route. I've tried other, less honest methods but it doesn't seem to be up anywhere I'd normally look
    PS4? Xbox? Laptop?

Buy a €30 DVD player?

Virtanen wrote: »
    PS4? Xbox? Laptop?

Buy a €30 DVD player?

I prefer digital media so hopefully they stick it on the network at some point. If not I'll go through Amazon or just torrent it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Rollins needs to get that blonde bit back in his hair

He looks like a less built Roman Reigns atm, with the same beard and the wet hair look

• Advertisement

Got the blu ray today and I was a bit disappointed that he doc is only 1hr 4 mins long but its very Interesting and well worth a watch for big fans.extras are good too with a few rumble matches and a select few single matches from past events

DVD players are dirt cheap nowadays and are easy too find

It's amazing that a copy of the Doc was not the usual places

PTH2009 wrote: »
    It's amazing that a copy of the Doc was not the usual places

This part is what amazes me :pac:

This part is what amazes me :pac:

Yeah I lost patience and decided too treat myself too it

It will be on the wwe network soon but that won't be til early next year

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Just thought about Tye Dillinger coming out to #10 at the Royal Rumble and marked out in my head

KingJamsie wrote: »
    Just thought about Tye Dillinger coming out to #10 at the Royal Rumble and marked out in my head

So long as the count leading into the number 10 spot isn't 10...9...8.....

But is 10...10...10...

I'd be happy to see him

KingJamsie wrote: »

Joe might never get up to the main roster at this point

hope Dillinger makes it and is not a failure like Tyler Breeze, Konor and Viktor and too an extent Apollo Crews/Mojo Rawley

We all knw the big NXT names like Joe, Roode, Shinsuke, Aries, Possibily Eric Young will not be main roster failures

If Samoa Joes, Shinsuke Nakamura or Bobby Roodes music hits at the Royal Rumble The place could go ballistic, same if Finn Balor returns. A surprise Kurt Angle return would be epic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

So long as the count leading into the number 10 spot isn't 10...9...8.....

But is 10...10...10...

I'd be happy to see him

That would be the absolute best.

So we can safely assume they won't do it. :pac:

That would be the absolute best.

So we can safely assume they won't do it. :pac:

In any case if he doesn't come out at 10 there'll be riots

• Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

As I said in the WWE network thread I was watching wrestle mania 32 on the live Channel. Jaysus I remember all the people saying that Shane wasn't as brave as he liked us to believe because of the crash pad under the announce table.

I mean firstly that's horse**** as if Shane has miscalculated his fall even slightly it could have been a nasty landing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,935 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Maybe it was the whole four horse women thing that masked it but Jesus Sasha banks annoys the hell out of me. In the ring she is going to end up like DB as she seems to take bumps on her neck.

Becky, Charlotte and bayley are infinitely more likeable that Sasha is. I'm talking about both in ring character wise and what we see of them outside it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement