Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I remember a few years ago. Rusev entered the rumble when he was still in NXT and wasn't promoted for a while after.
    It would be great if Nakamura entered and made look strong before being taken out by a heel, presto you have a feud ready when he eventually goes up.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A lot of people in the 2017 prediction thread are saying that Vince will retire in 2017

I think the man is so obsessed with his job that he will do it til he physically can

If he does retire than I can see him having a bit of a mental breakdown as he won't know what to do with his time , he has his workout routine which revolves around his working life ,Linda will be busy with her government job, Steph with her WWE Job and Shane will more than likely take over a big WWE job in some capacity when Vince is gone. I imagine Vince is so used to been on the road and in the office

Triple H actually works alot I imagine, he is at all the TV tapings each week, at the performance centre and running NXT. Himself and Vince were actually in Glasgow for the tapings last November (saw pictures of them in Glasgow Airport and saw the limo outside the venue each night)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How do you think a woman's rumble would go at Royal Rumble? 15 or 20 entrants including surprise appearances. And the way they've extended SummerSlam and Survivor Series by an hour, they would have time.

Would the women middle rope battle royal rule be in place? If so, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Great to hear JR's commentary again. WOS

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Looking at the recent snaps of the trim, lean, super in shape Big Show.

Excluding WCW Giant which IMO was phenomenal, I think the only time I've thought Big Show had a decent/intimidating look was his time in WWECW when by all accounts he was deemed a fat overweight mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I loved his feud with Brock in 02, short lived but he looked good

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

10 years ago today, Kevin Federline beat John Cena.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    10 years ago today, Kevin Federline beat John Cena.

Very underrated celeb appearence. He's an absolutely nobody now but at the time he had a decent name value. You can count on two hands the amount of WWE used celebrities that "got wrestling". K-fed always seemed like one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Very underrated celeb appearence. He's an absolutely nobody now but at the time he had a decent name value. You can count on two hands the amount of WWE used celebrities that "got wrestling". K-fed always seemed like one of them.

And apparently was well liked backstage the times he did feature on the show..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

He seemed to be enjoying himself too which makes a huge difference.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I loved his feud with Brock in 02, short lived but he looked good

My favourite Big Show run was when he was ECW Champ, he went out there every single week and KILLED it in the main events. It gets totally forgotten about though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

leggo wrote: »
    My favourite Big Show run was when he was ECW Champ, he went out there every single week and KILLED it in the main events. It gets totally forgotten about though.

Especially with Batista! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Big Show looks really weird now. Not because he's not as big but because the top half doesn't seem to match the bottom half. Our maybe it's the beard

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Yeah, I think you're right, it's the beard making head head look bigger as everything else is actually well-proportioned (it's not a case of big frame, skinny legs etc).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Big Show looks really weird now. Not because he's not as big but because the top half doesn't seem to match the bottom half. Our maybe it's the beard

His legs always look smaller than the rest. His knees must be in bad shape so his exercise is probably all upper body work.

I'm totally sick of Enzo and cass and there boring routine. Enzo is terrible in the ring but I do think cass could improve if they don't push him too soon.

Never thought I say this but carmella has been much better since been coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

They should turn them heel and have Enzo be his manager mouthpiece or even go down the Shawn/Diesel road.

One thing is for sure with Cass, he needs a good wash. cant stand his long greasy hair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Just seen Lana's wake up greeting on new years day on Instagram.....most of the time I'd curse the boyfriend but Rusev seems like the type of bloke that I can only say fair play to him. :cool:

just thinking watching raw last night that i dont really notice much roman merch on people in the crowd for someone who is supposed to be there top guy and not much elsewere. AJ and new day seem to be the most popular but this is more of an observation then facts.

id love to see who are the top sellers cause surley romans push would stop if he wasnt selling any.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

sky88 wrote: »
    just thinking watching raw last night that i dont really notice much roman merch on people in the crowd for someone who is supposed to be there top guy and not much elsewere. AJ and new day seem to be the most popular but this is more of an observation then facts.

id love to see who are the top sellers cause surley romans push would stop if he wasnt selling any.
    IIRC The New Day sold more merch at WrestleMania last year than anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/WWE_United_Kingdom_Championship_Tournament

This is on the weekend after next and im looking /forward to it TBH. Don't watch the indies so don't knw any of guys in this

Does our own Jordon Devlin from Bray (the town must be a wrestling stronghold here lol) have a chance ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Jordan would be one of the 4 favourites. The other 3 would be Tyler Bate(probably too young), Trent Seven (possibly too old) and Pete Dunne (the absolute heavy odds on favourite IMO). Jospeh Conners may be another to watch but I dont know a tonne about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,934 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Over christmas I started to watch the 2008 ppvs and I just finished ric Flair's wwe retirement match earlier so decided to watch his send off at the end of raw the next night.

Jesus why did he ruin it by going to ****ing TNA ? It was as picture perfect a send off that's ever been and probably will be in the history of pro wrestling(Yes it's pro wrestling kevin dunn you blister on the history of the business) with maybe the exception of taker if he wants it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Just watched Story Time for the first time. It's so telling how the order of the stories went:

Bubba Dudley tells a funny story involving him and some other wrestlers
    Big Show tells a funny story involving him and some other wrestlers
    Mark Henry tells a funny story involving him and some other wrestlers
    Mick Foley tells a funny story involving him and some other wrestlers
    HHH tells a story where he buries Mick Foley for being a tightwad with poor hygiene....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

• Registered Users Posts: 60,625 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If someone who never watched wrestling before asked me which was the most important title in the WWE right now I honestly would have to say it's The IC belt.

Miz just makes it feel like it's the most important title in the world.

AJ losing a jobber and having a title fight against him.

Kevin Owens making his a comedy belt and losing every week.

Reigns forgets to bring his to the ring more times than not.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,934 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

If someone who never watched wrestling before asked me which was the most important title in the WWE right now I honestly would have to say it's The IC belt.

Miz just makes it feel like it's the most important title in the world.

AJ losing a jobber and having a title fight against him.

Kevin Owens making his a comedy belt and losing every week.

Reigns forgets to bring his to the ring more times than not.

Spot on. The miz whether you like the guy or not has made the IC title mean something again. So kudos to him. The only thing I'd wish they'd do is call it the intercontinental heavyweight title as that's what's on the belt itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's hard enough to pronounce Intercontinental

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Matt Riddle vs Will Ospreay at Progress Chapter 39 is absolutely bonkers. What a brilliant brilliant match

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement