Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

If someone who never watched wrestling before asked me which was the most important title in the WWE right now I honestly would have to say it's The IC belt.

Miz just makes it feel like it's the most important title in the world.

AJ losing a jobber and having a title fight against him.

Kevin Owens making his a comedy belt and losing every week.

Reigns forgets to bring his to the ring more times than not.

Sure a couple of years ago before the rumble I'm pretty sure apart from batista, I del rio was the only wrestler who expressed he wanted to win the rumble.

Why oh why did they put the US title on reigns!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Sure a couple of years ago before the rumble I'm pretty sure apart from batista, I del rio was the only wrestler who expressed he wanted to win the rumble.

Why oh why did they put the US title on reigns!

It to quote Chris Jericho, never ever should've been taken from Rusev.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It to quote Chris Jericho, never ever should've been taken from Rusev.

i know its not a great feud but cass vs rusev with the us title added could have been a lot better then were getting right now.

sky88 wrote: »
    i know its not a great feud but cass vs rusev with the us title added could have been a lot better then were getting right now.

Would've given both men something to fight about that's for sure.

Also WWE logic at times confuses me, a recent example Rusev defending Lana's honour = Him being a heel, but Dean Ambrose defends Renee Young and = It's a good thing.

The mind of Vincent Kennedy McMahon is a weird one, to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Also WWE logic at times confuses me, a recent example Rusev defending Lana's honour = Him being a heel, but Dean Ambrose defends Renee Young and = It's a good thing.

The mind of Vincent Kennedy McMahon is a weird one, to say the least.

Rusev's foreign though so obviously he's EEEEEEEVVVVIIIILLLLLL

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Miz going off one one like Flair was gas on talking smalk.

On bring it to the table they brought up the hour three of RAW and the cash it makes them.

Eventually they need hour one to be 205 (RAW 205) or NXT, something that brings RAW talent back to two hours, so they can make it fast paced, must see but keep the money they make by having an extra hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Omackeral wrote: »
    Rusev's foreign though so obviously he's EEEEEEEVVVVIIIILLLLLL

I hope somehow Vince does make Nakamura a heel off the bat. Hes so over the natural fit is that hes a face but Knowing Vinces track record ford debuting Asian stars as evil heels (par Taka and Yoshi Tatsu) I imagine Vince could turn him into an evil foreign heel.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I hope somehow Vince does make Nakamura a heel off the bat. Hes so over the natural fit is that hes a face but Knowing Vinces track record ford debuting Asian stars as evil heels (par Taka and Yoshi Tatsu) I imagine Vince could turn him into an evil foreign heel.

And now im thinking of nakamaura as a member of kenitai.

Choppy choppy your pee pee

• Registered Users Posts: 11,004 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

In fairness, Japan is the same.

Gaijin = Heel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,625 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Kaientai Version2 with Nakamura, KENTA & ‎Asuka

Ever wonder whatever happened to Mrs. Yamaguchi-San I found the below.

The sign behind her :)
    tsang.jpg

https://ringthedamnbell.wordpress.com/2016/05/05/whatever-happened-to-mrs-yamaguchi/

• Registered Users Posts: 39,934 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I can't stand the two lads on the attitude era podcast who seem to **** all over my childhood wrestling memories. Just because they weren't watching they make fun of it. Alright it wasn't all brilliant but damn it it was my era. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Stop listening to it then. There is plenty of brilliant podcasts out there that delve into wrestling history from many different perspectives.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Stop listening to it then. There is plenty of brilliant podcasts out there that delve into wrestling history from many different perspectives.

I had stopped but there was a new episode out of survivor series 2011 and they are still the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Just going to throw this out there. Lads wearing women wrestlers' merchandise, why do I think that's kinda odd? Logically I shouldn't I think plenty of the women are great to watch and support e.g. Becky. Maybe it's some ingrained macho bull. I'd be curious to know if any males on here have bought or wear t-shirts or other merchandise of the women?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Pentecost wrote: »
    Just going to throw this out there. Lads wearing women wrestlers' merchandise, why do I think that's kinda odd? Logically I shouldn't I think plenty of the women are great to watch and support e.g. Becky. Maybe it's some ingrained macho bull. I'd be curious to know if any males on here have bought or wear t-shirts or other merchandise of the women?

I agree. Not sure exactly what it is that makes me think like that but I agree.

Especially the lass kicker or not that kind of girl ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I have this Sasha Banks T Shirt

And I do have a bit of a problem wearing it, mainly cause the gold sort of sparkles and I reflect off every window I go near

If it didn't sparkle I'd have wore it outside more than once :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Also I'd pay good money to see a lad wearing this t shirt

W12076.jpg

Watching the rumble 2011 and Matt striker has to one of the worst commentatorstipulations in history just awful.

He trys so hard to try to appeal to hardcore fans and it's so bad.

I've seen the lads wearing them but haven't really thought that much about them really Pentecost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

sky88 wrote: »
    Watching the rumble 2011 and Matt striker has to one of the worst commentatorstipulations in history just awful.

He trys so hard to try to appeal to hardcore fans and it's so bad.

"I'm marking out, bro!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

J. Marston wrote: »
    "THIS IS A MARKOUT MOMENT!!! I'M MARKING OUT BRO!!!!"

FYP

More like a cringeout moment

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Had wrestling themes playing in the background as I was working at something last night. The NWO theme came up.

Gawd the NWO was brilliant. You can count wrestling "cool" on one hand. The NWO had it in spades. The music, the presentation, the whole black/white, THAT tshirt.

Nash and Hall were always infinitely charismatic but as the outsiders they took the p*ss regarding being effortlessly bad ass. Hogan at the time coming out strumming the NWO sprayed title to Voodoo Child. The whole entourage feel of it. I think Bischoff and his swagger added so much too.

Plain black tshirt with just three white letters in a rectangle. So f'n simple. There is a reason the original NWO tshirt still sells

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

LeeJM wrote: »
    Plain black tshirt with just three white letters in a rectangle. So f'n simple. There is a reason the original NWO tshirt still sells

Loved Orton's rko one around 2005. Savage looking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Orton has always had great T-shirts. I particularly liked the 2007 one.

06_Orton.jpg

Steve Austin has one for his Broken Skull Ranch and I want it. Just plain black with bSr. Properly cool looking

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

99% of Austin's t-shirts were deadly. And there must have been about a hundred of them. New one each week.

Hard to look past the classics. White Hot Rod, Austin 3:16 and Cactus Jack Wanted Poster:

ShagNastii wrote: »
    99% of Austin's t-shirts were deadly. And there must have been about a hundred of them. New one each week.

Hard to look past the classics. White Hot Rod, Austin 3:16 and Cactus Jack Wanted Poster:

Also the original DX tshirt. The original yellow Hulkamania rules tshirt too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

This is the Austin one I had:

scsaunleash.jpg

Got it at the Summer Bash show in 2005 at the RDS and I don't think it took it off for at least a week after!

He did always have great shirts, wouldn't mind getting another one or two now actually, he's one of the few wrestlers that has merch you could wear anywhere (except a church :pac:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement