Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

John Cena has had some awesome T-shirts in the past too, especially the Pro Wrestling NES cover-inspired one.

07099.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 39,934 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

sky88 wrote: »
    Watching the rumble 2011 and Matt striker has to one of the worst commentatorstipulations in history just awful.

He trys so hard to try to appeal to hardcore fans and it's so bad.

I watched the 2010 rumble and I liked him but I detected some tension with Cole and lawyer towards Matt striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,162 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

This is the one tshirt i had

il_570xN.453987348_a39g.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It was Striker's commentary at WK 10 that turned me off him more than his WWE stuff. It felt like he was going out of his way to make Yoshi Tatsu look as awkward as possible.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Watching some german celebrity darts on tv at the moment, and Tim Wiese really seems like a bit of a dick

• Advertisement

15 years ago tonight triple H returned from his first bad injury in MSG to that unbelievable pop that lasted several minutes. Jesus I was nearly 17 watching this.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    15 years ago tonight triple H returned from his first bad injury in MSG to that unbelievable pop that lasted several minutes. Jesus I was nearly 17 watching this.

That's crazy how long it's been I was only 13

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    That's crazy how long it's been I was only 13

Feeling old lads :pac:

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Feeling old lads :pac:

Yeah I'm 32 in a few weeks. I'm pushing on apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

31 in 6 weeks myself. To get back on topic the biggest single pop I can remember when watching Raw is when Austin arrives during the Mankind vs The Rock title match, think the date was 4/1/99.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,625 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

All down hill from the day after you turn 32 so you better enjoy the next few weeks ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,372 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

All down hill from the day after you turn 32 so you better enjoy the next few weeks ;)

Ah sure when I turned thirty the lads in work made it sound like I should pick a plot and get a will made. It was all in jest...I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Neville vs. Rusev on FIFA '17

So that's what they do backstage before shows.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Rusev
    I just know how to win, that is what Roman Reigns does
    :pac:

Pac looks nearly as big as Rusev on the couch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Kevin owens chinlock spot is just totally stupid at first it was good heel heat but now it's just taking away from his matches.

I was watching a match from years on the Network and Wrestler A delivered an atomic drop to Wrestler B and it got me thinking I really can't remember the last time I saw any wrestler use it.

Now it got me thinking what moves don't we see anymore.

The Full Nelson, The Torture Rack, A couple of arm twists into an Hammer Lock & A Snapmare Curtis Axel maybe used it an odd time in honor of hid father.

I'll add The Camel Clutch as well and Greco-Roman Knuckle Lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

I was watching a match from years on the Network and Wrestler A delivered an atomic drop to Wrestler B and it got me thinking I really can't remember the last time I saw any wrestler use it.

The Full Nelson, The Torture Rack, A couple of arm twists into an Hammer Lock & A Snapmare Curtis Axel maybe used it an odd time in honor of hid father.

I like be wrong but think The Miz uses atomic drop every now & then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I think Nakamura vs Ibushi from Wrestlekingdom 9 was better than omega vs Okada.

• Advertisement

after watching Kenny Omega match at the NJPW big event i must say my god WWE please sign that man (and sign the guy he faced too). He could be a star in WWE and one of Triple Hs golden boys

Cant wait to watch the UK title tournament on the wwe network the weekend. I never watched Indies and NJPW/Lucha Underground so all this kind of stuff is new too me

Will we eventually see a WWE lucha Tournament spear headed by a returning Rey Mysterio ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I knew Naito was in TNA in and around 2008 but never realised his tag partner in No Limit was Yujiro Takahashi of the Bullet Club. They used them as jobbers and had Kevin Nash squash them in a 2 on 1. They also let Okada slip through their fingers. Okada and Naito, jeepers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I was only thinking myself last night, when was the last time we seen a collar and elbow tie up to start a match? I really miss technical wrestling in WWE

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I hated WWE technical wrestling. I'd love to see it done the way ZSJ and Gallagher do, where it's legit, but the fake American crap they used to pass for chain used to wind me up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

leggo wrote: »
    I hated WWE technical wrestling. I'd love to see it done the way ZSJ and Gallagher do, where it's legit, but the fake American crap they used to pass for chain used to wind me up.

You mean like Angle, Benoit, Guerrero style?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

You mean like Angle, Benoit, Guerrero style?

I'd add Bret to the list.

I like Gallagher's etc style as well. What was it about the WWE style put you off Leggo?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I'd add Bret to the list.

I like Gallagher's etc style as well. What was it about the WWE style put you off Leggo?

Probably Dean Malenko :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

You're cherry picking an Olympic gold medal winning wrestler and people that honed their craft outside of WWE as examples guys. WWE aren't responsible for any of their technical abilities.

The typical American-style chain involves grabbing an arm when you're not working an arm (just cus...chain...), no psychology or purpose behind it beyond just that being the thing you do that starts matches and then infuriating stuff like breaking a headlock to put your hands back to bounce off the ropes. To back it up: technically minded American guys used to love touring over this side of the Atlantic because they actually got to USE the stuff they knew rather than just doing a lame tribute effort to it. Chain wrestling has its traditional roots in Britain and WOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I watched Maria's YouShoot interview from 2010, it is crazy how divas were poorly treated back then in regards to match length, WM payday, merchandise sales, etc compared to now where they are well respected.

• Advertisement

I wonder how many of the guys in the UK tournament have actually signed full time deals with the WWE ???

Is Nigel Mcguiness actually going to be on WWE TV weekly as an announcer. Loved his words on his wwe debut at the UK announcement ' joining WWE is the realisation of a childhood dream'

If I got a job with WWE I'd be emotional too lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement