Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Off topic, but I hate it when people phrase it that way. It should be "end all, be all". Not the other way around.

I don't get ya NK! I've never heard it that way, always be all and end all :confused:http://www.thefreedictionary.com/be+all+and+end+all it's a perfectly cromulent phrase :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 39,933 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Happy 25th Anniversary to the 1992 royal rumble. The it's not fair to flair rumble where the greatest pro wrestler of all time went from no 3 to the end. A rumble for the ages with the brian giving support from the commentary booth and mr perfect doing the business behind the scenes. The real worlds champion backed it up. WOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Nerdkiller, your saying it wrong buddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I don't get ya NK! I've never heard it that way, always be all and end all :confused:http://www.thefreedictionary.com/be+all+and+end+all it's a perfectly cromulent phrase :pac:
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Nerdkiller, your saying it wrong buddy.
    Never really made sense to me. I mean, if you want to be the all, wouldn't you want to end the all first?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Never really made sense to me. I mean, if you want to be the all, wouldn't you want to end the all first?

The be all and end all. You're both at the same time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The end should be last

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Clearly not a Red Dwarf fan then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I started re-watching Red Dwarf there on Netflix. Great show.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

To be honest, I haven't watched much of the Broken Matt Hardy stuff beyond a few videos on youtube, but it looks awful. I've assumed that a lot of the people raving on about have been doing it ironically, as if they were talking about how great The Room or Troll 2 are.

Why would he go back to WWE? Money and fame. No other company in wrestling can pay as much as WWE, or provide the same recognition as the company. Matt Hardy is 42 now, there are less and less big pay cheques in his future.

It's brilliant in a campy, switch off your brain and just watch way, could only work in TNA really :pac:

Sure money and fame is great, but would he really go back to WWE, have his creative control taken away from him, and his character (and I'm not sure who mentioned it before), stuck in stupid backstage skits with R-Truth and Tyler Breeze..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Angron wrote: »
    I started re-watching Red Dwarf there on Netflix. Great show.

Couple of those seasons are untouchable! It was so weird finding out that Doug Naylor hated (or doesn't silence his contempt for) Series 6, as it was done at breakneck speed, monster-of-the-week, relied on multiple recurring jokes and lifted conversations directly from the actors. Like Rimmer being moral officer. It's my favourite season where it's just joke joke joke, belting out hilarious lines one after the other. Rimmerworld, Gunmen, Legion, Out of Time, Psirens, Emohawk - all world beaters! I love the anticipation of knowing the punchline eg Cat's tactical suggestions 'let's drop the defensive shields!' (although this can only work for a season or two tops). Have you seen S11?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

"He's Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer..."

I've seen them all. Back to Earth was not good, but it did enable them to give us more episodes which are grand but not great. S12 is due this year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

CastorTroy wrote: »
    "He's Arnold, Arnold, Arnold Rimmer..."

I've seen them all. Back to Earth was not good, but it did enable them to give us more episodes which are grand but not great. S12 is due this year

I read the thread this morning at breakfast, spotted the mentions of Red Dwarf & I've been singing that song in my head all day.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Couple of those seasons are untouchable! It was so weird finding out that Doug Naylor hated (or doesn't silence his contempt for) Series 6, as it was done at breakneck speed, monster-of-the-week, relied on multiple recurring jokes and lifted conversations directly from the actors. Like Rimmer being moral officer. It's my favourite season where it's just joke joke joke, belting out hilarious lines one after the other. Rimmerworld, Gunmen, Legion, Out of Time, Psirens, Emohawk - all world beaters! I love the anticipation of knowing the punchline eg Cat's tactical suggestions 'let's drop the defensive shields!' (although this can only work for a season or two tops). Have you seen S11?
    Not yet, no. I'm on season 8 now I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

skipper_G wrote: »
    I read the thread this morning at breakfast, spotted the mentions of Red Dwarf & I've been singing that song in my head all day.

It's cold outside, There's no kind of atmosphere...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,647 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    It's cold outside, There's no kind of atmosphere...

• Registered Users Posts: 60,621 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

What's the chances of POTUS turning up at WM I wonder.

Is Vince on the phone now trying to get The Donald to drop some promo's for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Just watching Wrestlemania 7 and Nasty Boys were interviewed after their win by a female interviewer I couldn't recall. Anyone know a name?

Watching the royal rumble match from 2002 and it's a good rumble match. I will be binging on rumble matches this weekend. I don't recall 2003 off the top of my head.

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Just watching Wrestlemania 7 and Nasty Boys were interviewed after their win by a female interviewer I couldn't recall. Anyone know a name?
    Mike McGuirk Leroy mcguirks daughter I think.

http://www.oklafan.com/v4/imageresize.php?w=180&h=240&pic=image/bank/mike_mcguirk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Watching the royal rumble match from 2002 and it's a good rumble match. I will be binging on rumble matches this weekend. I don't recall 2003 off the top of my head.

04 was prob my favourite royal rumble match of all time, lived foley and ortons interatiin and just remmeber being so behind benoit the whole way, loved the finish, dragging big show over the rope. Shame I can never watch it anymore, would make me quite uncomfortable.

Speaking of the rumble was there any particular reason Taz started off so hot and then regressed to the hardcore division so quickly. His debut against Angle was amazing, somewhat defeating angles undefeated streak then nothing. Also why the jumpsuit, thought it really made him look poor, he may have had a back issue if I recall. Just I quite enjoy his ECW work.

Suppose same can be said of Raven, loved him in ECW and The Flock in WCW but was treated quite poorly in WWE, had great music and was part of one of the most fun hardcore matches I remember v kane and big show at mania.

Now that im thibking of it, ifs a real shame Jerry Lynn never got to reignite his fued with RVD in WWE. Some indy guys if they came in now if they started now would be big deals. Corino would get a good run I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Sirsok wrote: »
    04 was prob my favourite royal rumble match of all time, lived foley and ortons interatiin and just remmeber being so behind benoit the whole way, loved the finish, dragging big show over the rope. Shame I can never watch it anymore, would make me quite uncomfortable.

Speaking of the rumble was there any particular reason Taz started off so hot and then regressed to the hardcore division so quickly. His debut against Angle was amazing, somewhat defeating angles undefeated streak then nothing. Also why the jumpsuit, thought it really made him look poor, he may have had a back issue if I recall. Just I quite enjoy his ECW work.

Suppose same can be said of Raven, loved him in ECW and The Flock in WCW but was treated quite poorly in WWE, had great music and was part of one of the most fun hardcore matches I remember v kane and big show at mania.

Now that im thibking of it, ifs a real shame Jerry Lynn never got to reignite his fued with RVD in WWE. Some indy guys if they came in now if they started now would be big deals. Corino would get a good run I think

Here ya go Sirsok, Hardcore Title match with RVD vs Jerry Lynn

I agree with ya on Tazz, really popped for his debut, thought he was amazing. That reaction in MSG was like nothing I'd heard in a long long time. They briefly gave him a one man crime-spree gimmick when he went heel but then he faded to nothing. Could've maybe been a good IC Champ. Loved him facing HHH on SMackdown as reigning World Champ of ECW while Hunter was WWE Champ. Surreal times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Awesome! Ya would think they would.of pushing lynn, at the same time wwe were still about characters as opposed to in ring action, which is why the cruizerweight division was so amazing in wcw as they had a porrion dedicated to wrestling.

Loved tazz and hhh on smackdown, but as you said on ic title run would of been great if he kept the ecw character. Ryhno did relatively well in wwe. Though Mike Awesome was amazing myself, good debut aswell could of been a wwe mainstay had he not got on the wrong side of vince. Just think that ecw was such a good vreading ground for talent that lads who got over there realistically had some sort of place in WWE, the lesser hardcore wrestlers in a hardcore division but the champions should of getting a decent push.

And of course the 2005 rumble match where eddie guerrero, chris benoit, and hardore holly took Daniel Puder to the woodshed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

What's the chances of POTUS turning up at WM I wonder.

Is Vince on the phone now trying to get The Donald to drop some promo's for it.
    So that he'd be booed in front of the international audience? He'd probably storm off mid promo because of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,621 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So that he'd be booed in front of the international audience? He'd probably storm off mid promo because of it.

He'd still be more over than Reigns :D

17 years ago tonight mick foley and triple h had a bit of a show stopper of a match at the 2000 royal rumble. This was also the rumble where mae young won the miss royal rumble pageant and taka Michinoku took an bad hooper after catching the top rope. Ah memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Delighted to see that The Kings of the North have been booked for Progress this Sunday taking on the London Riots. Should be a hell of a match.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    17 years ago tonight mick foley and triple h had a bit of a show stopper of a match at the 2000 royal rumble. This was also the rumble where mae young won the miss royal rumble pageant and taka Michinoku took an bad hooper after catching the top rope. Ah memories.

I'll never forget that miss royal rumble contest. I remember a 13yr old me mitching off mass so I could stay at home and finally watch the part of the tape I had fast forwarded while the parents were in the room :D

.....and then mae young happened :eek::(

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Random thought for the day, the WCW Hardcore title was quite a nice belt in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

A year ago today, AJ Styles debuted at the Royal Rumble.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement