Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,621 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How long will Vince persist with pushing Reigns as "The Guy" before starting over with someone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Endaaaagh

How long will Vince persist with pushing Reigns as "The Guy" before starting over with someone else?

If only he had some type of Brawny Strongman he could push in his place :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

The Reigns thing has pretty much died though, hasn't it?
    Like, he'll be Orton/Batista level for sure, and that requires protection and whatnot as he has been getting, but the dreams of him being a Cena level figure are pretty dead by now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Saw Reigns won the PWI award for "Most Hated Wrestler", beating Kevin Owens, the Miz, and Eva Marie. Hardly the most shocking win there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Angron wrote: »
    Saw Reigns won the PWI award for "Most Hated Wrestler", beating Kevin Owens, the Miz, and Eva Marie. Hardly the most shocking win there :pac:
    I still love that someone made this after they awarded him the #1 spot of the 500.

v7QIUcF.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Is there anywhere on the forum to discuss the Royal Rumble without spoilers?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

The Royal Rumble thread has spoilers in the sense that it talks about the most recent Smackdown and Raw. But to be safe, just go to the last couple pages. There are rumoured appearances earlier on. That kind of talke is now in the separate Surprise Entrants thread.

And if you're worried about the winner being spoiled, the common consensus is this is possible the most open Rumble in years wth regard who the winner could be

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

CastorTroy wrote: »
    The Royal Rumble thread has spoilers in the sense that it talks about the most recent Smackdown and Raw. But to be safe, just go to the last couple pages. There are rumoured appearances earlier on. That kind of talke is now in the separate Surprise Entrants thread.

And if you're worried about the winner being spoiled, the common consensus is this is possible the most open Rumble in years wth regard who the winner could be

It's mainly the surprise entrants I am worried about, that's a huge part of the fun for me especially the last years since the winners have been so lacklustre, really hoping this year makes up for it

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

It's mainly the surprise entrants I am worried about, that's a huge part of the fun for me especially the last years since the winners have been so lacklustre, really hoping this year makes up for it

That's why I started the surprise entrant thread, in the hope that'd it'd keep all the spoilers talk about such things separate, hoping to be surprised myself anyway

Even though we all know Zach Gowan is coming back and winning it.

Crap, where's the spoiler button?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,930 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm watching the 1998 royal rumble match and Christ it's poor enough so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Itssoeasy wrote: »

Thats because there was absolutely no doubt about who was gonna win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Mick Foley appearing three times was cool as f*ck I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I will never tire of the Roman Reigns- Poochie comparisons.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,930 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

LeeJM wrote: »

Thats because there was absolutely no doubt about who was gonna win it.
    Well yeah it was obvious who was winning but they could have tried somewhat to not make it as obvious as they did.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Very true bout Austin. I have a soft spot for RR 98 as it was my go to VHS back in the day. Must have watch it a 100 times.

The spot where the ring just stopped when Austin's music played was a pretty cool bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Just watched a clip from Jericho's podcast back in 2015 where he goes off on one at people being disrespectful at shows, particularly the hall of fame ceremonies.

I have to say that I agree wholeheartedly. I love Stone Cold but the What chant has to be one of the most obnoxious creations in the history of the industry. A well placed WHAT can be brilliant but the problem is that the majority lack the nuance and cop on to know when and when not to use it.

One of my fondest memories of the WWE Parties leggo organises is some clown who wouldn't shut the **** up getting completely shut down with a chant in kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    Just watched a clip from Jericho's podcast back in 2015 where he goes off on one at people being disrespectful at shows, particularly the hall of fame ceremonies.

I have to say that I agree wholeheartedly. I love Stone Cold but the What chant has to be one of the most obnoxious creations in the history of the industry. A well placed WHAT can be brilliant but the problem is that the majority lack the nuance and cop on to know when and when not to use it.

One of my fondest memories of the WWE Parties leggo organises is some clown who wouldn't shut the **** up getting completely shut down with a chant in kind.

I hope he keeps his promise when he eventually is inducted, anyone who hijacks his moment, he goes and smacks the taste right out of their mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

LOL @ Dominant Wrestling on Spike TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Anyone catch Evolve 77? Really good show, set up a load of stuff for future events and the main event between Zack Sabre Jr vs Chris Hero (In his final Evolve match before heading to WWE) was excellent and some fairly emotional post match stuff too. Great precursor to NXT Takerover if you wanted to have a really wrestling-filled night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

So, Royal Rumble tomorrow night. Hate how WWE ppvs are always on Sunday, wish they were on Friday or Saturday. Seems like the best time to have ppvs. I mean they used to host Saturday Night Main Event if I remember, so it's not like it couldn't be done. But just the thought of having to go into work the next day kills me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Riddle101 wrote: »
    So, Royal Rumble tomorrow night. Hate how WWE ppvs are always on Sunday, wish they were on Friday or Saturday. Seems like the best time to have ppvs. I mean they used to host Saturday Night Main Event if I remember, so it's not like it couldn't be done. But just the thought of having to go into work the next day kills me.

I live in the Eastern Time Zone. When I was younger I only saw the first hour or so of PPVs (besides ones during school holidays). I think 2012 was the first time I saw the ending of a Royal Rumble PPV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Deonna Purrazzo seems to be on multiple promotions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Riddle101 wrote: »

Some of the early WrestleManias were on weird days like Monday. Survivor Series used to be on whatever night Thanksgiving was. I think the idea of a Sunday show was that that's when most people will be at home and thus more likely to order a PPV. Bit different now with the Network though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

It's very much great for Americans, awful for everyone else. It'd be pretty great if PPVs were on 7pm on a Sunday here. Although even better would be 7pm on a Saturday! Hopefully the Network will convince them to do things in other time zones (like the UK tournament!)

Be great since the WWE fans shout "Yes" in Spanish sometimes, if they counted the Beats of the Bodhrán in Irish for Sheamus. Sadly it will never happen, but be funny if it did.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I think Luke Harper is a great wrestler, but I don't think he has much charisma tbh. He came out to crickets at the Royal Rumble, and didn't get much reaction on Smackdown either, despite his face turn. If Vince didn't like Luke before, he'll sure as hell hate him now I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I love harper I really want a wyatt triple threat match for the title

• Registered Users Posts: 6,028 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I like Harper. Good worker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I think hes a very underrated worker, who hasnt been given many good opportunities to show what he can do alone.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement