Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

One pop I always love is the one where Cena returned at the Rumble in the number 30 spot. It was so unexpected that the crowd went mad cheering, before they remembered they were supposed to be booing Super Cena :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I guess pops aren't as big these days because of the Internet. How often have we heard chants for guys who are returning the night the news has leaked?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Shane O Mac was completely unexpected

While Balor is expected back anytime soon he'll get a pop if he isn't announced beforehand

The only return that would blow the roof would be CM Punk but I doubt we'll ever see him again, at least while young enough to wrestle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭briany

Has any wrestler or other person associated with the business ever punched Jim Cornette? Cornette's taken a tough line with a number of wrestlers like Santino Marella who he slapped for breaking character, and he pulled a gun on Brock Lesnar also. Since he's generally not one to back down from confrontation, I'm just wondering if that's ever lead to a situation which got the better of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,621 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There is a month between Fastlane and WM I'm surprised Vince hasn't tried to fit in another PPV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Is there a Network special in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Well, there is a Takeover I suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

briany wrote: »
    Has any wrestler or other person associated with the business ever punched Jim Cornette?
    No, but he punched Vince Russo in the face once.

Okay, maybe it was just Bryan Zane dressed as Russo in a video poking fun of him, but how can I know for sure that it wasn't really Vince?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

No, but he punched Vince Russo in the face once.

Okay, maybe it was just Bryan Zane dressed as Russo in a video poking fun of him, but how can I know for sure that it wasn't really Vince?

There's a quite a few stories about Jim Cornette. My favorite one is Jim going of on one at Dairy Queen. Chris Jericho talks about it in his book, and there's a video.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Has any wrestler or other person associated with the business ever punched Jim Cornette? Cornette's taken a tough line with a number of wrestlers like Santino Marella who he slapped for breaking character, and he pulled a gun on Brock Lesnar also. Since he's generally not one to back down from confrontation, I'm just wondering if that's ever lead to a situation which got the better of him.
    I knew he slapped Marella, but I never heard about him pulling a gun on Lesnar before, that's nuts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

i know a lot of fans love him but he really does seem like a piece of sh** at times in these stories

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If you hate him he hurt himself pretty bad here.

Angron wrote: »
    I knew he slapped Marella, but I never heard about him pulling a gun on Lesnar before, that's nuts.

That was from Lesnar's time in OVW, under Cornette.

Vince Russo also claims that Jim Cornette waved a gun at a fellow motorist back in the mid-90s when Russo and Cornette rode together one time, and that, years later, Cornette pulled a gun on Russo during a chance encounter in a car park. Cornette has called Russo a 'lying sack of shít" (I may be paraphrasing, there) on both those claims, however.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRBzj4tBTYD/

Seeing this photo of tyler bate at wwe when he's younger and the wrestlers on his book makes me feel so old

Christ! King Bookahhh! That doesn't seem that long ago. Suppose Tyler is only 19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I heard the picture on the left was taken a fortnight ago.

Random thought of the day will Woman/Nancy ever go into he HoF.

This then leads me to ask does Kevin Sullivan ever have a chance to go into the HoF.

Random thought of the day will Woman/Nancy ever go into he HoF.

This then leads me to ask does Kevin Sullivan ever have a chance to go into the HoF.

Doubt Nancy will ever get in. I don't think WWE would want to bring up bad memories of the incident. Plus she wasn't even in WWE, so they could just play it off as her not being part of the company.

Don't think Kevin Sullivan will get in either. He doesn't have much of a relationship with WWE, and wasn't in WWE.

I'd love to see the return of the classic WWF blue steel cage for a few matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'd love to see the return of the classic WWF blue steel cage for a few matches.

On an edition of Old School Raw would be perfect.

• Advertisement

Omackeral wrote: »
    On an edition of Old School Raw would be perfect.

Have they stopped doing those? Real shame if they have. Those were great

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

2014 was the last one.The one with Jake The Snake Roberts coming out and going at the Shield was the best moment ever from it. Dean Ambrose corpsing like a good thing.

Me, too. But I believe they stopped using that because guys were getting broken up by it. It was too unforgiving.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Me, too. But I believe they stopped using that because guys were getting broken up by it. It was too unforgiving.

That's what I heard aswell. I might have been easier to film with the big gaps in it but it's obvious there was no give whatsoever in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Watching old WCW at the minute from about 95, few things I noticed;
    1. Their cage is awful (what was with the big gap between it an the ring?)
    2. Nobody could cut a promo
    3. Hogan as a character was just awful, just really really awful
    4. So many random matches with no storylines for anyone outside the main event
    5. Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero and Sabu were noticeably better than most on the roster (didnt even know Sabu was in WCW)
    6. The Giant (Big Show) had soooo much potential its sad to think that he didnt come close to living up to it

Watching old WCW at the minute from about 95, few things I noticed;
    1. Their cage is awful (what was with the big gap between it an the ring?)
    2. Nobody could cut a promo
    3. Hogan as a character was just awful, just really really awful
    4. So many random matches with no storylines for anyone outside the main event
    5. Benoit, Malenko, Guerrero and Sabu were noticeably better than most on the roster (didnt even know Sabu was in WCW)
    6. The Giant (Big Show) had soooo much potential its sad to think that he didnt come close to living up to it

Keep points 2 & 4 as they are, change the names in 3, 5 and 6 and you basically have a contemporary episode of RAW. :pac:

If you go back and watch some of those old Nitro episodes, yes they are awful, but they were so chaotic and wacky at times they became compelling again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Any time I see a fan going on about a wrestler's "merch" in a weird manner of proxy dick measuring, I cringe.

Song about Stone Cold Steve Austin to the tune of 'Day Man' from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Bald-man!
    Fighter of the boss-man!
    Champion of the Stun

You're a master of the trash talk
    And giving fingers
    To everyone

Bald-man!
    (Oh, hell yeeeah)
    Fighter of the boss-man!
    (Oh, hell yeeeah)
    Champion of the Stun

....and so it goes on :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 38,364 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Elias Samson reminds me of Randy Savage

I think Ohno is a stupid name and they should of just called the guy Kassius

In the next 3 years out of the current NXT roster who do u think will get main roster call ups ???

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Elias Samson reminds me of Randy Savage

I think Ohno is a stupid name and they should of just called the guy Kassius

In the next 3 years out of the current NXT roster who do u think will get main roster call ups ???

Nakamura, Asuka, Peyton Royce and Billie Kay. Bobby Roode is questionable at best. He's 40 now and you have to wonder where he would fit on the roster. Maybe he'll end up staying in NXT altogether but you never know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement