Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'd say Tye will get a mid card call up. DIY or Revival.

Dunno who will get a post mania slot.if Charlotte wins ,probably Asuka.

When do we think the next draft will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

They'll promote Liv Morgan and Ember Moon at some point as well I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Having just watched Impact, I was thinking it'd be great if the Borken Hardys landed at WWE with all their titles with them. Not gonna happen, of course. Especially since their first match would have them losing to Vaudevillains.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,364 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Nakamura, Asuka, Peyton Royce and Billie Kay. Bobby Roode is questionable at best. He's 40 now and you have to wonder where he would fit on the roster. Maybe he'll end up staying in NXT altogether but you never know.

I wonder will Eric Young get called up solo or as part of sanity. Sanity cud be the new Wyatt Family

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

cant see tye or young being called up i think there there to help anchor the NXT hekp the younger talent.

i thought that about roode but i with how successdul he has been and with the theme song i think hell be the one to get the call up to raw and shinsuke goes to smackdown

• Advertisement

cant see tye or young being called up i think there there to help anchor the NXT help the younger talent.

i thought that about roode but i with how successful he has been and with the theme song i think hell be the one to get the call up to raw and shinsuke goes to smackdown

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I want Tye Dillinger to have NXT championship run before getting called up to main roster.

prob said it before but its going too intresting what will happen to NXT in the long term when all the big superstars are either retired/called up to the MR

Are they going to keep on raiding the indies/NJPW/Lucha underground ???

I didnt start watching NXT til just after Finn Balor debuted i watched the first few seasons (Where superstars were endorsed by Main roster guys) but never saw much of when guys like Rollins, Reigns, Rusev, Wyatts etc were part of NXT

Did Jim Ross work at the same job as Triple H during the first few years of NXT ??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I want Tye Dillinger to have NXT championship run before getting called up to main roster.

I honestly think it'll be him to take the NXT title from Roode but it won't be for a while, probably the takeover around Survivor Series. Roode would probably be a post mania the following year or surprise rumble main roster promotion while Tye would soon drop the title to someone else before eventually becoming a Smackdown mid-carder at best IC title holder.

the great thing about pro wrestling is that guys can keep going for as long as there able, Most sports eg Soccer, GAA, Rugby, American Football etc guys retire early in there lifes where in Pro Wrestling guys are still wrestling into there late 50's

Bobby Roode/Ohno/Eric Young etc might be a victims of there being too much star power on the Main roster and could become an NXT legend with maybe a few matches with main roster guys at some ppvs

• Advertisement

The pop if glorious hits at the andre battle royal or raw after mania could be huge

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I heard Swagger saying on Chael Sonnen's podcast that he wouldn't mind giving MMA a go.

Might not be a bad idea, he has great amateur background afterall.

Age might be a factor though, he's 35.

Anyone here listen to Ryback's podcast?

I think he's hilarious, he doesn't seem to give a crap about anything, he's nuked his bridges with the WWE by taking swipes at the likes of Vince, HHH, Cena.

The picture he paints of Cena isn't good though. If what Ryback is saying is true then John doesn't sound like a very pleasant individual at all. A total hypocrite if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I think he's hilarious, he doesn't seem to give a crap about anything, he's nuked his bridges with the WWE by taking swipes at the likes of Vince, HHH, Cena.

The picture he paints of Cena isn't good though. If what Ryback is saying is true then John doesn't sound like a very pleasant individual at all. A total hypocrite if anything.

What's it called? On Itunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gerrybbadd wrote: »

RyTunes

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Not sure what the name of it is. He does it with a wrestler called Pat Buck.

There's plenty of clips of the show up on youtube, this is where I came across it.

This is one of the stories about Cena that worried me.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I don't know if total bellas is put on or what but I happened to watch the first episode of it on the network, and jesus he comes across as an arrogant and controlling bollocks.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I don't know if total bellas is put on or what but I happened to watch the first episode of it on the network, and jesus he comes across as an arrogant and controlling bollocks.

When they do shows here and on there walk out of the Spencer Hotel he doesnt say a thing to any fan waiting there even to the point of not making eye contact with anyone, straight from the lift too the bus

Kids idolize him but hes human afterall and cant be super cena 24/7

PTH2009 wrote: »
    When they do shows here and on there walk out of the Spencer Hotel he doesnt say a thing to any fan waiting there even to the point of not making eye contact with anyone, straight from the lift too the bus

Kids idolize him but hes human afterall and cant be super cena 24/7

That's true and I imagine it's very stressful to have fans wanting a piece of you everywhere you go.

It's more his alleged backstage carry on which troubles me. Listen to some of Ryback's stories of bullying, politicing and sabotage. I know I'm taking Ryback's word for it but he seems genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

I think it's in JTG's first book that he tells a story about how he (if I remember rightly) used one of Cena's catchphrases in a promo without thinking about it. Cena then pulls him aside and tells him that the piece of JTG merchandise that was supposed to be coming out the following week was now being pulled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,923 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just scrolling through smackdown episodes leading to WM19. Jesus the smackdown set up was nice. I'd forgotten about it. The silver ring apron, the entrance way with the giant fist, the graphics on the side in blue and silver. Lovely stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭briany

Matt Hardy does a surprisingly good Finlay impression.

@ 2:34

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's more his alleged backstage carry on which troubles me. Listen to some of Ryback's stories of bullying, politicing and sabotage. I know I'm taking Ryback's word for it but he seems genuine.

I think Ryback's full of sh*t. He's played down his use of steroids - look at him though. He told an anecdote about how Vince referred to AJ Styles as a little twerp that he wanted Ryback to squash. It makes zero sense for Vince to bring in Styles on a lucrative deal, bypassing NXT which most don't get to do, in order to have him lose to Ryback, who by that stage was doing nothing of note. There was another story where he was working out and Vince, Brock and Hunter were staring at him weirdly. Just a lot of stories designed to sh*t on people to keep himself relevant.

I think Cena actually has very little ego when compared to guys on a similar level to him - Hogan and Austin for instance used their influence to bury guys and have storylines dismissed on numerous occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Guy who didn't make it as big as he thought he would lashing out at guy who did make it. Nothing to see here. These days they do it about Cena on podcasts, in years gone by they did it about Triple H in shoot interviews, and he turned out alright for the business in the end didn't he? What did the lads who 'cared' so much end up doing 'for the business'?

I've no doubt Cena has a ruthless side. To succeed as much as he has in a business like wrestling, you have to. But you have to consider the sources and take every single word said with a huge pinch of salt considering every move he makes is going to be viewed through the lense of extreme jealousy from guys who can't be him, don't understand why he's successful and they're not and have their big egos severely wounded. I'm not being a fanboy, when you hear guys saying he's a helluva guy you should also consider they're probably just licking arse. Wrestlers talk **** sometimes, that's all this is.

I think ryback is full of crap too. I always liked him and thought fans were unfairly critical but that podcast just comes across like bullsh**

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ryback comes across as a child throwing his toys out of the pram.. should get over himself, he wasn't anything special.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

briany wrote: »
    Matt Hardy does a surprisingly good Finlay impression

Listening to this clip -- Finlay insults Matt over not having passion and to teach him how to be heel, and runs to Johnny Ace after Matt misses a teaching session, despite Matt telling him he had an appearance beforehand. This not-solving-problems-directly and hurt feelings/resentment over what should be nothing...it must make WWE such an aggravating workplace. Sounds so frustrating; everyone's on eggshells and little jabs are taken to try get each other in trouble.

That attitude comes from the top, though. I'm not saying specifically WWE, because obviously I don't know first hand, but in any workplace it's the same: if you promote an atmosphere where people politicking and backstabbing gets rewarded, that's what it'll become because employees anywhere are like sheep doing whatever they can to earn the most money (and backstabbing is so much easier than plain old working harder than the next guy). Wrestling could become something totally different, and for the better, if they went a different way, but it likely won't.

That attitude comes from the top, though. I'm not saying specifically WWE, because obviously I don't know first hand, but in any workplace it's the same: if you promote an atmosphere where people politicking and backstabbing gets rewarded, that's what it'll become because employees anywhere are like sheep doing whatever they can to earn the most money. Wrestling could become something totally different, and for the better, if they went a different way, but it likely won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Anybody know off hand any wrestlers with class real names? As in, names that they use that are theirs or else real names that they don't use but could be good.

Naomi - Trinity Mc Cray
    Emma - Tenille Dashwood
    Dolph Ziggler - Nic Nemeth

Real names used include

Brock Lesnar
    Bobby Roode
    Rick Rude's real name is Richard Rood
    Ric Flair's real name is Richard Fleihr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement