Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Just realised. I'm not gonna be able to watch Wrestlemania live this year. For the first time since Mania 15.

Have an exam in Dublin on the Monday after, so will have to travel up. Another exam on Tuesday too, so it could potentially be Wednesday before I get to see it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Just realised. I'm not gonna be able to watch Wrestlemania live this year. For the first time since Mania 15.

Have an exam in Dublin on the Monday after, so will have to travel up. Another exam on Tuesday too, so it could potentially be Wednesday before I get to see it

Exams Exsmams :) That's too solid of a tradition to break.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

gerrybbadd wrote: »

Come to my gaff, I'll drop you to your exam. We can do twin magic at the half way point.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭briany

I love shoot interviews for the most part, but a few of them have been kinda sad or pathetic. Hard to watch. Sometimes the wrestler being interviewed is either very drunk or on drugs of some kind. Sometimes they're very bitter about their career and people they worked with. Sometimes they're a bit delusional about their legacy in the business.

And the interview style of certain shoot franchises comes across as a bit sleazy. RF Video had horrible production values for a long time that made some of the interviews look like a filmed hostage statement. Kayfabe Commentaries are better, but that's the type of outfit that would have no problem just having Sunny shoot on all the wrestlers she slept with during her career for 2 hours or so.

As an example of a shoot that looked hard to watch, and maybe shouldn't have taken place (although I'm guessing the subject needed the money) - Terry Gordy from an indeterminate year (he died in 2001).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

If I think a shoot is compromised in anyway I won't watch. I generally don't enjoy them. The likes of Ryback and Bob Holly spoofing their heads off are particular illustrations of what I mean

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Miz's dad has got a cool personality. The Wrestlemania 5 story is good. Yes they mention his WWE debut too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The Miz always comes across as a nice guy when he's out of character.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Damm no PPV this weekend come on Vince we need more PPV's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

2001 Vince interview with Playboy. Some bizarre stuff in there particularly the bit about his early forays into sex :/

https://www.talkwhateveronline.com/threads/vince-mcmahons-playboy-2001-interview.23557/#post287197

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

I'm not quite sure when it is but there is definitely something I find particularly galling about Goldberg scolding fans for cursing around kids at a wrestling show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

oneilla wrote: »
    2001 Vince interview with Playboy. Some bizarre stuff in there particularly the bit about his early forays into sex :/

https://www.talkwhateveronline.com/threads/vince-mcmahons-playboy-2001-interview.23557/#post287197

Well his apparent interest in incest storylines starts to make a bit more sense now

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

gerrybbadd wrote:

I said the same thing last year cos I had to be up at 7am the Monday morning. Said I'd watch the pre show and go to bed. Needless to say I ended up watching the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Channel hopping here and i come across Judge Rinder on ITV 2 and there is a UK wrestler suing another for damages for injury

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Very random thought, but was part of why the monday night wars was such a big thing simply the fact that it was two organisations of roughly the same size that appealed to young lads and let them argue over which was better?

All I remember from my youth was arguing over Blur v Oasis, Man Utd v Liverpool, Coke v Pepsi, and WCW v WWF. It seemed to be of its time to always have a side to choose and defend to your friends

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Channel hopping here and i come across Judge Rinder on ITV 2 and there is a UK wrestler suing another for damages for injury

Was Hulk Hogan their witness or Terry Bollea?
    There is a difference dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

ERG89 wrote: »
    Was Hulk Hogan their witness or Terry Bollea?
    There is a difference dammit!

Season 2 Episode 17 - Steve (aka Steve Morocco) V Sam ( aka Exodus)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

was part of why the monday night wars was such a big thing simply the fact that it was two organisations of roughly the same size that appealed to young lads and let them argue over which was better?

Absolutely, creating brand loyalty breeds passionate (i.e. high paying and attentive) fans, which is in both companies best interest. Like blowing the Oasis v Blur thing out of proportion to sell Country House and Roll With It singles! (btw Oasis should've brought out Wonderwall, Roll With It is a relatively very poor unmemorable track :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nintendo v Sega.
    Reminds me i was in a shop and heard a dad say "No, you're not getting coke" to which the young kid replied "It's not coke, it's Pepsi." Glad the advertising works

Random wrasslin' thought of the day sparked by OSWs new story arc.

Dustin Rhodes has to go down as one of the greatest workers ever (hate using that term but it expresses perfectly my thoughts).

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

ShagNastii wrote: »

Dustin Rhodes has to go down as one of the greatest workers ever (hate using that term but it expresses perfectly my thoughts).

One of the best Ever ? He is clearly a very good wrestler and he made the goldust gimmick way more than it ever had a right to be. But one of the best ever ? No I wouldn't agree.

• Advertisement

I don't mean I wouldn't claim he'd be on par with anyone worthy of being on Pro Wrestling's Mt.Rushmore but I'd easily argue he could be top 10, if not, certainly top 25.

The guy was/is a beast. Played the Goldust gimmick to perfection. His in-ring stuff is fairly flawless. One of the coolest move sets you'll see.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I don't mean I wouldn't claim he'd be on par with anyone worthy of being on Pro Wrestling's Mt.Rushmore but I'd easily argue he could be top 10, if not, certainly top 25.

The guy was/is a beast. Played the Goldust gimmick to perfection. His in-ring stuff is fairly flawless. One of the coolest move sets you'll see.

Top 10, not a hope!!! Top 50 is even totally pushing it. He never made it without the Goldust gimmick, he'd even admit that in himself. He has a nice powerslam though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I like Golddust . Glad he got back in shape. Solid hand in the ring. Comedy tag team is about where he should be at.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Not even remotely feasible.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Seems wwe forgot who Undertaker fought at Mania 29
    http://www.wwe.com/polls/favorite-undertaker-wrestlemania-match

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

CastorTroy wrote: »

Expecting to see Stevie Richards' name put in there any minute now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Scotty 2 Hotty was oddly one of my childhood favourites.

I liked him mostly for his cheesy music and the worm.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Out of all the wrestlers I follow on facebook I have to say Hulk Hogan is the most annoying he posts up the random ****e every hour of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

CastorTroy wrote: »

That's very petty in all fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is there actually one genuine real deal heel on RAW?

Someone who isn't a tweener in anyway at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement