Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is there actually one genuine real deal heel on RAW?

Someone who isn't a tweener in anyway at all.

Stephanie is by a distance the strongest booked heel in the company the last 3 years.
    Does that count?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

ERG89 wrote: »
    Stephanie is by a distance the strongest booked heel in the company the last 3 years.
    Does that count?

Not really.

Active wrestler who will at some stage get his/her comeuppance we all know Stephaine won't get that as I say that I'd go with Charlotte as the only real heel on RAW.

I think the other closest in the company as a whole is The Miz after that I struggle to find anymore real heels in the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

There hasn't been a real heel in wrestling aside from Vince last 20 years.

Fans views heels as cool and faces as lame

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Plenty of heels, no cowardly heels. The sort that hide from matches. Claim that because they are champion they dont have to perform every night. Run for the hills whenever the face appears. Thats what I used to love about PPVs as a young lad, constant teasing of the face getting their hands on the heel in the run up to it and knowing that when they did at the PPV they would rip the heels head off.

I guess the same guys facing each other every single week leaves little time to differentiate a face & heel between them and then seeing the same guys facing each other at every single PPV there is no blow off feuds as we know they will face each other on the next tv show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Plenty of heels, no cowardly heels. The sort that hide from matches. Claim that because they are champion they dont have to perform every night. Run for the hills whenever the face appears. Thats what I used to love about PPVs as a young lad, constant teasing of the face getting their hands on the heel in the run up to it and knowing that when they did at the PPV they would rip the heels head off.

I could have sworn The Miz was a cowardly heel. He always uses Maryse as a human shield whenever a babyface is confronting him. Always tries to run from a fight, and disliked putting the I.C championship on the line. The Miz right now is the perfect heel if you ask me.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

rossie1977 wrote: »

JBL and Vicki were proper heels imo, pretty much everyone disliked them, even the cool kids. It helped that they were usually working against proper faces too, which is how it should be, don't give the fans a choice

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Riddle101 wrote: »
    I could have sworn The Miz was a cowardly heel. He always uses Maryse as a human shield whenever a babyface is confronting him. Always tries to run from a fight, and disliked putting the I.C championship on the line. The Miz right now is the perfect heel if you ask me.

Miz is an excellent heel, but the question only referred to Raw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

rossie1977 wrote: »

Miz, Rollins and Owens have been their best real heels in recent memory. Their promos have always come across as selfish, smarmy or just downright hateable.

If people chose to cheer for them it is, quite simply, because they're smarks. I believe in going along with the spirit of things, to appreciate their art while giving their behaviour the reaction it deserves in the moment.

They don't want your cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Saw this on Reddit and thought it was funny. WWE Lingo...
    "This man has been a champion everywhere he has been" = used to be in TNA

"this superstar has competed against the likes of Sami Zayn and Seth Rollins" = used to be in ROH

"Is a former IWGP champion in New Japan" = Is a former IWGP champion in New Japan

"was a defensive linebacker in the NFL, and was known for his mean streak" = was cut during training camp or preseason at best.

"has been a standout in the performance center" = homegrown wrestler

"was trained by wwe hall of famer Sika" = Samoan

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5zc8qa/wwe_lingo_translation_new_superstars/

• Advertisement

Just thinking this years Survivor Series will be the 20th anniversary of the Montreal Screwjob will Vince plan a long term story line after WM leading up to Survivor Series to try and have a big match for it or will they just make sh1t up a few weeks out from it like they seem to be doing for this WM.

Was Montreal Screwjob the spark to started the Attitude Era.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Just thinking this years Survivor Series will be the 20th anniversary of the Montreal Screwjob will Vince plan a long term story line after WM leading up to Survivor Series to try and have a big match for it or will they just make sh1t up a few weeks out from it like they seem to be doing for this WM.

I think wrestlemania 13 and Austin and Bret hart started it.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Well Goldberg will have a rematch when he loses his title Brock vs Lesner 4 at Survivor Series lol

Maybe Kurt Angle will be confronted by someone the night after mania and it might go on til survivor series.

Kurt Angle vs Aj Styles oh yes (I'll ignore it's been done in TNA)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Wrestlemania 20 was 13 years ago today.

Wrestlemania 20 was 13 years ago today.

The last time I genuinely felt in wonder watching wrestling.

The deadman reborn.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

So I have discovered that I am blocked by mauro ranallo on twitter as I said thank God he wasn't on commentary I didn't tag him in it i don't know how he even found it.

Have any of you found yourselves blocked by wrestlers?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

sky88 wrote: »
    So I have discovered that I am blocked by mauro ranallo on twitter as I said thank God he wasn't on commentary I didn't tag him in it i don't know how he even found it.

But did you use a hashtag?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I haven't been blocked by any that I'm aware of. I do know that it's very easy to get blocked by Goldust however, just mention Black Reign to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭briany

In my opinion, there's really not a lot of difference between, say, The Goon and The Vaudevillains. Talented wrestlers, but stupid gimmicks. If the Vaudevillains had been straight from the brain of VKM, as The Goon was, then it would have been rejected just as quickly, but the IWC/smark community will champion a stupid gimmick if they feel like they had a part in building it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    But did you use a hashtag?

Oh yea that's it makes sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

I'm blocked by Goldberg and one of the Young Bucks (dunno which).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

sky88 wrote: »

I've been blocked years ago by Jerry Lawler for making fun of his shirts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Been blocked by all of the Divas but only a few have restraining orders out.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

OK its going to be a tough night when Taker retires but wrestling goes on and we have been there before Michael's, Flair, Sting, Edge, Bryan etc. Stone Cold actually retired very quietly and moved into the special attraction role

Won't be that sad of a day when Triple H retires from in ring duty as he will still be around but his heel persona is/was one of the all time greats

Goldberg/Big Show/Lesner retiring will be meh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

C7A748-WkAEmMwZ.jpg

Oh Hero....in that top you look like a fatter Braden Walker.
    They had to know he'd look that bad :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

^^^ Saw that picture earlier on. WWE is starting to become an advert for weight watchers now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Must be a KO thing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Christ, you'd think he'd have the decency to get himself into shape.

He'd want to start taking this seriously or he'll be out on his ear again. Last chance to make it in the world's largest wrestling promotion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Yea he would want to get in shape. Its strange but the bit of weight suits KO but no chris hero

• Advertisement

If there was ever a bloke to put in street clothes and be a bruiser.

I mean that's seriously fcuked up, why bring him back only to send him out like that?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement