Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm just watching wrestkemania III and I actually don't care if it was 93,173 or whatever figure Meltzer said it was. That opening shot as the camera high up shows the crowd is still impressive 30 years on. That moment changed mania from being a big live show for the WWF to it being the spectacle it became and still is today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Ronda Rousey doing something in WWE must be a pretty doable thing at this stage.

Her acting career looks pretty f*cking dead, that film she was gonna star in was quietly cancelled some time last year and there's basically nothing on the horizon. She was pretty godawful in F&F7 despite having very little to do so her market value really was absolutely crushed once Holm beat her, losing on her return so decisively surely killed off her potential to branch out entirely. All I can see is a guest star role in one episode of some NBC series, which is pretty poor for a name of her level with nothing else in production, stinks of a "gotta keep you're name in casting agents' minds" move.

Assuming a return to MMA is a bit of no go at least for now because she doesn't seem psychologically equipped to handle losing, getting a biggish match at next Wrestlemania or Summerslam seems like something she should actively seek out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Her star has well fallen now. I have no interest in seeing her in WWE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I never got why people wanted to see her in WWE in the first place. There's no convincing way to put her in that division that wouldn't be a Lesnar type pissing on everyone deal.

No interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It's just WWE's acknowledgement that they can't make a star with Rousey's clout of there own

• Advertisement

15 years ago today brock Lesner debuted on raw. It doesn't seem that long.

I'm just going through the raws from January of this year. I was watching the Seth Rollins injury segment. I'll be honest only the fact I know Seth was inured I'd have a hard time seeing where he hurt his knee.

When is he meant to have hurt it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm just going through the raws from January of this year. I was watching the Seth Rollins injury segment. I'll be honest only the fact I know Seth was inured I'd have a hard time seeing where he hurt his knee.

I think it was when Joe took him down with the sleeper. Seth was a bit overdramatic with his selling.

oneilla wrote: »

I think it was when Joe took him down with the sleeper. Seth was a bit overdramatic with his selling.

Ah now see u was looking at the stuff outside the ring and when he first blindsided him.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Her star has well fallen now. I have no interest in seeing her in WWE

Neither do I but I'm pretty surprised there hasn't been some kind of talk from one party or the other about bringing her in.
    Also find it pretty weird how basically all MMA media were like "she's not gonna fight again, she's moving into acting" and the roles referenced were ones which either have been seriously reduced, possibly cut, or shelved ages ago. Her value has dropped hugely and she's only just turned 30.

It's pretty fascinating how terribly she's handled her image. Her response to the first loss was damn near the utmost to ensure it damaged her value as much as it possibly could.
    If I was her I'd be jumping on some kind of role for Summerslam as an excuse to get some training in, she could be a cut price semi-regular Brock type a few years from now if/when she needs the money.

• Advertisement

A random thought and a piece of advice. Don't watch the first post 9/11 WWE smackdown after a feed of porter. Jaysus lads the alergies were bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Fans having a go at Chris Hero's weight rank amongst my least favourite fans. Thinking his weight reflects his commitment to this WWE thing is silly, thinking WWE is weight watchers cos they've hired Hero is downright dumb, especially when the guy is coming off a year that, in ring, was FAR better than AJ Styles. Thinking that a wrestler needs to have a superhuman physique to be good is showing signs of Stockholm Syndrome.

Fans having a go at Chris Hero's weight rank amongst my least favourite fans. Thinking his weight reflects his commitment to this WWE thing is silly, thinking WWE is weight watchers cos they've hired Hero is downright dumb, especially when the guy is coming off a year that, in ring, was FAR better than AJ Styles. Thinking that a wrestler needs to have a superhuman physique to be good is showing signs of Stockholm Syndrome.

It's not Hero that I'd be having a go at but whoever decided to send him out looking like a member of the Harlem Globetrotters.

The fact that they went to the bother of bringing him back made me think they had a clear picture of what they wanted to do with him and something that would work.

Seemingly not unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    It's not Hero that I'd be having a go at but whoever decided to send him out looking like a member of the Harlem Globetrotters.

The fact that they went to the bother of bringing him back made me think they had a clear picture of what they wanted to do with him and something that would work.

Seemingly not unfortunately.

Not sure if you watched Hero outside of WWE but he wore all sorts of basketball jerseys to the ring everywhere he went so Im guessing the KO basketball shirt was his idea.

And they do have a clear picture of what they want from him. His job is to carry the NXT brand post WM when Nakamura and Asuka are called up. His job will be to deliver great matches while also helping out at the PC from time to time too.

Have had the argument on here before re Heros body so not gonna get into it again. But the guys in ring work speaks for itself and he is definitely one of the main reasons to keep up to date with NXT for me.

I'll admit that of the clips I've seen of him were in trunks. I wasn't aware of the basketball jerseys being his own idea.

Again I've no problem with his weight but there's ways to present people. The whole basket ball thing just looks strange to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I wouldn't mind him wearing actual custom basketball jerseys, that'd be a cool way to cover up the weight. Basketball jerseys are supposed to hang baggy though. But don't wear a colourful shirt a few sizes too small for you that shows everything when you don't have a flattering physique. It's not even a comment on wrestling ability or even his size, it's basic fashion sense and unforgivable when you're on television. I can't take him seriously in that it looks ridiculous and anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. Note how nobody is actually saying otherwise they're just talking about other things he's done instead, which nobody is denying. But that's not the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah I love Chris Hero, but I hate his attire. Have hated the Basketball jerseys get up mainly cause they just look awful. His cusom KO NXT gear is just horrible, it is easily making him look worse.

Its not the weight thats his problem, the attire is just ugly and doesnt make him look like a star. From the color scheme to the size of said attire, its just not easy on the eyes and he needs to change that up a bit.

That being said he will still tear the house down in NXT and on wrestling ability alone deserves to headline any card.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Didn't he once come out and say the reason he gave up on his weight is because he wanted to become THAT big guy hoss that has always had a place in Japan.

I know it's not his character but I would love for him to go that way big style in NXT/WWE. Crack out the wrestling cowboy boots that we haven't seen in an age. Been a while since we've had an out and out "tough guy brawler" gimmick.

Think Bradshaw with infinitely better in-ring skills and a clout of respect and cred with the IWC.

Justin_Hawk_Bradshaw_-_John_Layfield_05.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

He's a fantastic wrestler and looking forward to his NXT run.

I did not like his attire. I have no problem with his weight. It just didn't befit him.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

• Advertisement

I've just realised that with Jim cornette inducting the rock n roll express into the hall of fame this year. It's likely that the revival and cornette will in the same building at some point. That'll be an amazing moment for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Imaging Hero playing the part of a tough redneck/JBL/Blackjack Mulligan type character made me laugh out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,082 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

At least with hero, i can now say I've the body of a wrestler. Plus I'm under the cruiserweight limit so all good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I've just realised that with Jim cornette inducting the rock n roll express into the hall of fame this year. It's likely that the revival and cornette will in the same building at some point. That'll be an amazing moment for both.

Same goes for Kevin Owens too, and Kevin Dunn.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Drew Galloway
    spoiler tagged for those who haven't seen WCPW's latest show Bulletproof, is now the newest member of The Bullet Club.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

WWE superstars party personas lol

Big E reminds of that irritating guy who would dance all night

Dolph Ziggler the guy who only has Girlfriends and doesn't hang with the guys

Ambrose, Corbin and Rollins the guys passed out in the corner after drinking too much

Vince McMahon dad dancing

18 years ago tonight this very memorable moment in WWE history happened. So there are kids who were born in march 1999 who have just turned 18 or will soon. That probably makes some feel old.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I really miss The Wrestling Channel, really took it for granted being able to see so many different shows on one channel, ROH, TNA, CZW, MLW, NOAH, WOS. Those are only the ones that come to mind but I'm sure there were others that I used to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I really miss The Wrestling Channel, really took it for granted being able to see so many different shows on one channel, ROH, TNA, CZW, MLW, NOAH, WOS. Those are only the ones that come to mind but I'm sure there were others that I used to watch.

I used to watch it a fair bit too. I remember Bryan Alvarez had a show there as well, was pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

To die hard fans Does WWE 24 give away the backstage secrets ???

Eg showing Gorilla position where a lot of top authority figures like Vince, Finley, Michael Hayes etc are shown there

Showing those supposably in rivilarys having chats

Catching wrestlers who say 'I didn't attend this event as it was too hard for me" backstage ie Rollins at mania 32 who said he watched it at home etc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement