Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The Wrestling Channel was great they also had shoot interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    To die hard fans Does WWE 24 give away the backstage secrets ???

Eg showing Gorilla position where a lot of top authority figures like Vince, Finley, Michael Hayes etc are shown there

Showing those supposably in rivilarys having chats

Catching wrestlers who say 'I didn't attend this event as it was too hard for me" backstage ie Rollins at mania 32 who said he watched it at home etc

In the internet age, there are really no more backstage secrets. Most fans know what goes on, use insider terms etc. It's fascinating to see what goes on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah nothing is secret anymore, things like the above are present in many a WWE doc. Nothing new in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    In the internet age, there are really no more backstage secrets. Most fans know what goes on, use insider terms etc. It's fascinating to see what goes on behind the scenes.

would love to see a full doc of behind the scences stuff (writers room, production, camara men, roadies, gorilla position etc)

When i was the tapings last year the a huge portion of one of the sides was taken up by camara men and guys in suites coming to and from the area. For Raw the commentators have a producer in front of them

AFAIK Gorilla position seems too be attached too the back of the tron and when ur passed that your into the backstage of the arena

Backstage would likes a big cluster**** id say lol

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Interesting how quick things can change, they were pitching this... and then we got Stardust

obviously there are parallels to the Miz atm there considering how he has his real life lady alongside him and on the Mic whilst dropping Cena's name in a promo. One could argue he actually is an indie darling now too despite the line to the contrary too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭briany

The Wrestling Channel was great they also had shoot interviews.

Those shoot interviews were absolute must-see TV for me back in 2004, or so. First one I ever saw was the Jake Roberts RF shoot.

Wrestling Channel had a lot of other interesting content, too, like ROH stuff, old Memphis shows, and was the first place I ever saw a young upstart called Seamus O Shaughnessy, or SOS, wrestle. I want to say it was footage from Irish Whip, but more likely one of the British promotions he worked in around that time.

You can get a lot of the TWC content on the Network now, but I liked the underdog DIY attitude of TWC at the time. Back in the heady days when the little guy could start a TV channel (anybody remember P-Rock?).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think WrestleMania 29 is probably most forgettable WrestleManias of all-time. The matches were mostly average and there were not any good or bad memorable moments.

I thought WM 27 was very poor myself and the worst of the last few years.

Thought last years was mainly ****e as well though.

WM 30 was definitely my favourite in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I thought WM 27 was very poor myself and the worst of the last few years.

Thought last years was mainly ****e as well though.

WM 30 was definitely my favourite in the last few years.

30 and 31 were both amazing. We were spoiled two years in a row.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Honestly most Mania's past 21 I forget. I look up the cards and none I remember beyond a few matches like Taker vs Hbk.
    I look back at stuff like Punk vs Jericho, Wyatt vs Cena & HHH vs Lesnar and completely forget them. Even 30 I remember Bryan winning the title & the rest of the card stunk.

• Advertisement

Does Earl Hebner deserve a HoF place?

Will he get inducted?

Could he been the one person Vince will never have back in the WWE?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Will he get inducted?

From a referee stand point yes he does along with Tommy young. Two refs from the late 80s(although Joey Marella might have been the main WWF ref) who were big in their respective companies.

I suppose if the inductions of the past are anything to go by the there is always a chance AG.

I mean maybe Vince lets the merchandise stuff pass and thinks of the rough position he put earl in in Montreal.

Sorry for the long winded answer.

I suppose in pro wrestling never say never.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Will he get inducted?

What am I missing there? Didn't he get sacked for selling merch and pocketing the cash on the side? Hardly the biggest crime committed upon Vince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

30 was just weird for me, it was gonna be all about Bryan and I was pumped, but then the streak ending just put this weird cloud on it all (not least because I had immediately twigged Bryan would be jobbing in a severe way to Brock at Summerslam as part of the Roman push).

27 was awful but I didn't approach it with the utter apathy I approached 32 with its utterly dead card or 29 with it's half assed attitude and the streak jumping the shark (didn't for a second think Punk could win)

leggo wrote: »
    What am I missing there? Didn't he get sacked for selling merch and pocketing the cash on the side? Hardly the biggest crime committed upon Vince.

Yeah on the list of things to get you blackballed in the wrestling business it's hardly no1 on the list.

leggo wrote: »

True but most who are brought back in can make Vince money with name value at the very least could Earl do that.

And it's Vince he is petty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

No I agree with you, I was just wondering if I missed a shoot interview where he said some serious dirt or something! I don't see him coming back, as you said, because he offers no value and Vince tends to like younger faces in the on-screen roles like that. Does he deserve a HOF spot? Absolutely! Head ref for years, Montreal, was an accepted part of several main event storylines at a peak time for the company, EVERYONE still knows Earl Hebner. Will he get it? Like someone else said, it really depends on if Vince happens to remember him while thinking of people who deserve to go in.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Doesn't Earl deny the merchandise selling even though I thought he was caught red handed. Swore I've seen that on a shoot of his

Noam Dar deserves a Mania match for the way he says "Alicia Fox". Its sounds so good from his mouth, a treat for the ears.

30 years ago tonight was the first Wrestlemania I was allowed to stay up and watch live God I feel old now.

• Advertisement

30 years ago tonight was the first Wrestlemania I was allowed to stay up and watch live God I feel old now.
    Yeah what a moment in WWE history. The event started at 9pm GMT though which I wished they'd have kept that tradition up. I'll make you feel even older, I had just turned two years old.

il_570xN.688836775_qlim.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭briany

Can anyone tell me why it's such an outrageous claim on the part of Ryback that he suggested The Shield do the triple powerbomb? I thought wrestlers often suggest moves to do to one another in building a match?

Sure wasn't the Shield Punk's idea to get his mate Hero onto the main roster so I would be at all surprised if it was Ryback's idea or another wrestlers.

I synced up the network version of wrestlemania 3 and pressed play at 9pm GMT Irish time.

Nice job by aretha franklin on the anthem.

Can am connection vs don muraco and bob Orton jr. nice match so far and the can am connection pick up the win. The crowd is hot and it's only the first match.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Why didn't they make the Triple Threat Tag Team Match at Wrestlemania a TLC? I know it's a ladder match which is fundamentally the same, but I love the set up of the TLC matches with the tables, ladders, and chairs placed around the ring.

How did you see it? I dont think it was live in Ireland

beakerjoe wrote: »
    How did you see it? I dont think it was live in Ireland

It was live on Sky Channel/Super Channel as it was named around then on cable here.

It was live on Sky Channel/Super Channel as it was named around then on cable here.

I had no idea they showed live PPVs as far back as that.

I know they began showing live ppvs on Sky when Sky One and Sky Sports came round in 1989, didn't know this aired live at the time.

• Advertisement

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I had no idea they showed live PPVs as far back as that.

I know they began showing live ppvs on Sky when Sky One and Sky Sports came round in 1989, didn't know this aired live at the time.

It probably was the first live wrestling show that aired this side of the world but I do remember seeing WM2 at some stage before that and that was probably more a highlights show.

WoS was also showing one or two matches from North America on there weekly Saturday show around this time as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement