Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Why didn't they make the Triple Threat Tag Team Match at Wrestlemania a TLC? I know it's a ladder match which is fundamentally the same, but I love the set up of the TLC matches with the tables, ladders, and chairs placed around the ring.

Quite simply, because they have a TLC PPV later on in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Omackeral wrote: »

Plus Enzo has enough of a chance of injuring himself without adding tables and chairs into the mix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

The Ringmaster's debut promo doesn't get enough praise

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

How did WCW not strap a rocket to him?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

New Flair statue is unreal
    eff2b4.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Immediate cringe with the "you deserve it" chant.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

cian68 wrote: »

Hogan, Kevin Sullivan, ....... need I say more?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,934 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

cian68 wrote: »

Because C*nt Hogan, brotherrrrrrrr!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,309 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Random

That moment you realise a work colleague also books the day after Mania off every year.........

But don't say anything....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

DM_7 wrote: »
    Random

That moment you realise a work colleague also books the day after Mania off every year.........

But don't say anything....

ive often wondered has anyone noticed that i do this as i dont talk to them about wrestling much at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

But the TLC PPV also has Ladder Matches in it. I just think if they wanted to go nostalgic and make a nod back to the days of Edge & Christian, The Hardy Boyz, and the Dudley Boyz TLC matches then it would be a great opportunity. I just think TLCs are much more fun then a traditional ladder match.
    Plus Enzo has enough of a chance of injuring himself without adding tables and chairs into the mix

This guy has the hardest time getting thrown over the rope, i'm not sure what WWE was thinking putting him a Big Cass in the match. But maybe it will work out. Alternatively they could have replaced Enzo and Big Cass with the New Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

They may very well involve tables and chairs in the match anyway. Being a ladder match, there's obviously no DQs.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder will The New Day be put out in front of the live RAW on Monday the most vocal crowd of the year.

They should be able to get away with WM drowning out any negative chants but on RAW i don't think they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I feel a little wrestled out now and going too wait and watch NXT at the weekend

Enjoyed mania week some very happy and very sad moments with taker finally calling it a day but the return of the Hardyz, Finn Balors return, Angle becoming GM of Raw and the awesome NXT call ups.

Taker retiring is truly the end of an era, is it only Kane, Big show,Mark Henry, Rhyno,Hardyz, Triple H, Stephanie, Shane, The Rock and Chris Jericho that remain still active with the WWE today from the attitude era ??

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Taker retiring is truly the end of an era, is it only Kane, Big show,Mark Henry, Rhyno,Hardyz, Triple H, Stephanie, Shane, The Rock and the Hardyz that remain still active with the WWE today from the attitude era ??

Dustin Runnels is there since 1995 as Goldust and wrestled as Dustin Rhodes in 1991. I'd say he's there as long as anyone else.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It's mad that Henry has been under contract with WWE since 96.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Dustin Runnels is there since 1995 as Goldust and wrestled as Dustin Rhodes in 1991. I'd say he's there as long as anyone else.

**** Forgot about Goldust. He is the true mid card star and seems very happy with his career even though (if I recall) was never in then world title/WWE championship scene

William Regal is another one too that's still around from the attitude era. An underrated wrestler. Another obvious guy I missed is Y2J himself Chris Jericho

I feel a little wrestled out now and going too wait and watch NXT at the weekend

Enjoyed mania week some very happy and very sad moments with taker finally calling it a day but the return of the Hardyz, Finn Balors return, Angle becoming GM of Raw and the awesome NXT call ups.

Taker retiring is truly the end of an era, is it only Kane, Big show,Mark Henry, Rhyno,Hardyz, Triple H, Stephanie, Shane, The Rock and Chris Jericho that remain still active with the WWE today from the attitude era ??

What's even sadder is that all of those are still rated ahead and get more tv time than 75% of the current roster.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

What's even sadder is that all of those are still rated ahead and get more tv time than 75% of the current roster.

For me those people you've listed are part of my childhood/ teenage years and so for fans my age they will always be more over than the current roster when they are on TV.

Now, the fact that they are still on tv in some form or fashion isn't good for wwe as a product. At some point they won't be there and like vince McMahon is meant to say when presented with an angle is "then what ?"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

When was the last time we saw Kane? Big Show, Mark Henry and Rhyno are barely featured anymore. The Hardyz are only back 1 week. Triple H and Steph are absolutely featured too much. Shane takes hardly any TV time. The Rock hasn't been back for ages and Jericho is still one of the best around.

Not quite as sad as it seems maybe.

• Advertisement

Rollins having an unsanctioned match at WM made no sense when he had a normal match the next night. Jeez

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Rollins having an unsanctioned match at WM made no sense when he had a normal match the next night. Jeez
    beakerjoe wrote:

Tbh those hold harmless clauses are always a bit silly. Can imagine Daniel Bryan on SD asking Shane "umm can I have one of them?"

Tbh those hold harmless clauses are always a bit silly. Can imagine Daniel Bryan on SD asking Shane "umm can I have one of them?"

DB actually joked about it on Talking Smack.

But it shouldnt be silly, Rollins went through a long supposed war with a bum knee so bad WWE doctors wouldnt clear him, yet hes cleared the next night with his knee in worse condition?

Should Tommy Lister & David Arquette go into the HoF?

Both have played major roles in wrestling at different points.

The celebrity wing maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I was listening to Austins podcast review of wrestlemania and I've said it before but Austin has a superb wrestling brain and can watch a match and break it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Definitely overkill on the events this week in Orlando, way too many shows and some didn't do so great. I've watched them quite spaced out so as to avoid wrestling fatigue.

Anyway my random thought is that the two big winners of Wrestlemania weekend were Zack Sabre Jr who cemented his place as the best indy worker around, and Keith Lee, who is the replacement for Chris Hero and who stunned every single audience he worked in front of in Orlando. Cracking stuff from both guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭briany

Should Tommy Lister & David Arquette go into the HoF?

Vince Russo's head would explode if Arquette ever got put into the WWE HoF.

Thought Zeus was brilliant back in the day. Really came off as a tough SOB.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Definitely overkill on the events this week in Orlando, way too many shows and some didn't do so great. I've watched them quite spaced out so as to avoid wrestling fatigue.

Anyway my random thought is that the two big winners of Wrestlemania weekend were Zack Sabre Jr who cemented his place as the best indy worker around, and Keith Lee, who is the replacement for Chris Hero and who stunned every single audience he worked in front of in Orlando. Cracking stuff from both guys.

Zack really just does nothing for me but I can't figure out why.

Keith Lee does look like the next indie superstar. Some great matches this week

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

sky88 wrote: »
    Zack really just does nothing for me but I can't figure out why.

Keith Lee does look like the next indie superstar. Some great matches this week

Suppose everyone has those kinda wrestlers, personal taste and all that. I bloody love ZSJ, he's one of my absolute favourite wrestlers and I'm super excited for his NEVER Title challenge vs Goto on Sunday.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    Vince Russo's head would explode if Arquette ever got put into the WWE HoF.

Thought Zeus was brilliant back in the day. Really came off as a tough SOB.

There is one does Russo deserve a place in the HoF?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement