Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Vince Russo would only induct Chyna into Hall of Fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think Vince Russo would only induct Chyna into Hall of Fame.

Russo would be in a suit and have his bags packed by the time the question started to be asked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,787 ✭✭✭✭briany

There is one does Russo deserve a place in the HoF?

Vince Russo's main importance to the company was as a writer, and the WWE haven't really gotten around to inducting those people yet. Even then, Vince Russo wouldn't be first in line for a variety of reasons.

It is a thought, though, that since there is a celebrity wing, there ought to be a technical wing. This category would be reserved for people who made important contributions to the WWE, but not as a featured performer, and people who would be relatively unknown to the audience. Jim Johnston would be a great candidate, here. You could maybe put refs in it, too, since they're unlikely to ever get a HoF candidacy proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Watching NXT Takeover. It seems everyone wears those half face masks in NXT.

Maximum time for one entire induction should be 30 minutes. Lawler was talking about how they might have to reduce the number of inductees next year because of how long some of these speeches are going. I can't shake the feeling that some of these inductees are milking it way beyond what their career achievements would merit, not naming names, and just pad their speech out with waffle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Speaking of the hall of fame. What's next years class going to be ?

I think the midnights going in is a good shout. It's a shame that demolition seem to not be in the wwes good books. They definitely deserve to be in, i could listen to bill Eadie talk all day.

Christian maybe ?

Women inductee ? Molly holly or someone from that era.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,620 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ivory would be a shout for the female inductee especially with Netflix releasing the GLOW series where she started her career.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

British Bulldog and Vader deserve to go in ahead of nearly anyone else. Owen Hart too obviously, barring any legal problems

Molly Holly would be a great women's inductee.

I'd laugh if they one year decided to induct Virgil. His whole speech would consist of him plugging his axess signings and a 25 dollar deal on a handshake and signed photo. :pac:

Vader's a definite one. I know he posted something about only being given a couple of years left to live due to a heart condition, so I think some acknowledgement of that man's career is of paramount importance. Knowing WWE, though, they're probably reticent about having a HoFer dropping dead shortly after an induction. Some things should be more important than your stock dropping half a point, though.

Then Tommy Dreamer, Fit Finlay, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Barry Darsow, Droz for the Warrior Award, The Mountie, The Nasty Boys, Tony Atlas, 2 Cool, New Age Outlaws.

Finally, Owen Hart or The Undertaker. I understand, however, that Owen's widow is still blocking that, but one can hope she'd change her mind.

Omackeral wrote: »
    British Bulldog and Vader deserve to go in ahead of nearly anyone else. Owen Hart too obviously, barring any legal problems

The only problem stopping Owen hart is the fact that he died during a WWE event and his wife has a very slight issue with WWE because of that. Owen is unfortunately never getting in unless something changes big time and I don't think it will.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    Molly Holly would be a great women's inductee.

I'd laugh if they one year decided to induct Virgil. His whole speech would consist of him plugging his axess signings and a 25 dollar deal on a handshake and signed photo. :pac:

Vader's a definite one. I know he posted something about only being given a couple of years left to live due to a heart condition, so I think some acknowledgement of that man's career is of paramount importance. Knowing WWE, though, they're probably reticent about having a HoFer dropping dead shortly after an induction. Some things should be more important than your stock dropping half a point, though.

Then Tommy Dreamer, Fit Finlay, Ken Shamrock, Dan Severn, Barry Darsow, Droz for the Warrior Award, The Mountie, The Nasty Boys, Tony Atlas, 2 Cool, New Age Outlaws.

Finally, Owen Hart or The Undertaker. I understand, however, that Owen's widow is still blocking that, but one can hope she'd change her mind.
    Barry Darsow might have an issue, with him being part of demolition. Is tony atlas not already in the HOF ?

If Flair is short of money for another divorce they could always give a 3rd HoF as part of Evolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Ivandrago2008

I don't see the point of 3 man commentary teams. All you need is a play by play guy and a heel commentator. Like JR/Lawler, Monsoon/Heenan, Monsoon/Ventura, Cole/Tazz

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I legit get goosebumps everytime Nakamura makes his entrance on a big event. I never thought WWE would top Subconscious, but damn. That entrance song is epic

I couldn't believe someone on the Raw thread didn't know Goldberg was Jewish. Goldberg is the most Jewish name you could ever get. If it starts with Gold- (not including Goldust :P) or ends with -berg it's generally a Jewish name.

Other Jewish guys to come through WWE have been

Paul Heyman
    Raven
    Colt Cabana
    Dean Malenko
    Billy Kidman
    Barry Horowitz
    Matt Bloom aka A-Train aka Tensai

I think Macho Man Randy Savage has Jewish heritage too and I'd say Noam Dar based on his physical look and the fact he's Israeli/Scottish.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I couldn't believe someone on the Raw thread didn't know Goldberg was Jewish. Goldberg is the most Jewish name you could ever get. If it starts with Gold- (not including Goldust :P) or ends with -berg it's generally a Jewish name.

Paul Heyman
    Raven
    Colt Cabana
    Dean Malenko
    Billy Kidman
    Barry Horowitz

I think Macho Man Randy Savage has Jewish heritage too and I'd say Noam Dar based on his physical look and the fact he's Israeli/Scottish.

I always had the impression Malenko was a Italian name and is Catholic ??

I wonder what religion the Samoan guys like reigns, Joe, usos, rock etc would be ??

The McMahons have a bit of Irish heritage and are possibility Catholic

Doesn't matter what religion the superstars are really

PTH2009 wrote: »

I wonder what religion the Samoan guys like reigns, Joe, usos, rock etc would be ??

Doesn't matter what religion the superstars ate really

Gimmick name.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Barry Darsow might have an issue, with him being part of demolition. Is tony atlas not already in the HOF ?

My mistake - Atlas is already in. Also true that Demolition is much more likely to get an induction as opposed to Darsow getting an individual induction. Just I was a big Repo Man mark back in the day.

Few more names that spring to mind,

Sid Vicious
    One Man Gang
    Meng / Haku
    Kamala
    Tatanka
    Harvey Wippleman
    Honky Tonk Man
    Luna
    Dan Spivey
    Dean and/or Boris Malenko
    Bruiser Brody

There are also a few holdouts who one could speculate about hanging it up in the next year or so. Kane, Goldust and Big Show all come to mind, here.

No chance Demolition are getting in for the foreseeable future since both of them are part of the concussion law suit which was the reason The New Day broke there record as well I imagine.

Dean Malenko is a gimmick name, he's really called Dean Simon. His dad Boris Malenko was Lawrence Simon.

Random fact since we're in this thread and all. Simon Dean (aka Nova) the fitness guru was named after Malenko. Simon Dean - Dean Simon. Other names based off existing workers are;

Don and Ron Harris in WCW as Creative Control. Known as Patrick and Gerald - Pat Patterson and Gerald Briscoe
    Virgil was known as Vincent in WCW as a rib on Vince Mc Mahon. Funnily, the Virgil name originally was a rib on Dusty Rhodes as his real name is Virgil Runnels.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Dean Malenko is a gimmick name, he's really called Dean Simon. His dad Boris Malenko was Lawrence Simon.

Random fact since we're in this thread and all. Simon Dean (aka Nova) the fitness guru was named after Malenko. Simon Dean - Dean Simon. Other names based off existing workers are;

Don and Ron Harris in WCW as Creative Control. Known as Patrick and Gerald - Pat Patterson and Gerald Briscoe
    Virgil was known as Vincent in WCW as a rib on Vince Mc Mahon. Funnily, the Virgil name originally was a rib on Dusty Rhodes as his real name is Virgil Runnels.
    hqdefault.jpg

There were some awful gimmicks and wrestlers back then

I don't see the point of 3 man commentary teams. All you need is a play by play guy and a heel commentator. Like JR/Lawler, Monsoon/Heenan, Monsoon/Ventura, Cole/Tazz

Very true. What's strange is that people defend the three man even though it's patently obvious that the classic commentary lineups have all been two men or one man.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Paul Heyman
    Raven
    Colt Cabana
    Dean Malenko
    Billy Kidman
    Barry Horowitz

I thought Macho was of Italian stock? Poffo

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Doesn't matter what religion the superstars are really

The Rock is a Christian. I've heard him speak about his faith in interviews before.

Vince is an atheist, he alludes to it in his Howard Stern interview from the early 00s.

I thought Macho was of Italian stock? Poffo

He's of Italian Jewish descent. Never really played on either though. Vince would wanna be an atheist for all the stunts he's played over the years, including booking himself and Shane against HBK and God at Backlash 2006!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He's of Italian Jewish descent. Never really played on either though. Vince would wanna be an atheist for all the stunts he's played over the years, including booking himself and Shane against HBK and God at Backlash 2006!

True. He could go to hell and he'd have..no chance..sorry I'll get my coat.

Now that Undertaker's retired, I wonder if he'll ever do a podcast or shoot interview? Or does he protect the gimmick until his dying day?

Another thing about the Undertaker is that it's one of the only gimmicks, if not the only one, that was successful while also being quite deep. Naturally, with his character, there's a lot of scope for talking about the subject of death, but also, in the last few years, for talking about aging and mortality as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

In a way it'd be cool to see him to a tell all interview as Mark Callaway

In a way it'd be cool to see him retire without ever doing another thing

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

briany wrote: »
    Now that Undertaker's retired, I wonder if he'll ever do a podcast or shoot interview? Or does he protect the gimmick until his dying day?

I think he was supposed to do a podcast with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    I think he was supposed to do a podcast with Stone Cold Steve Austin.

I heard about that, but it never ended up happening. Getting 'Taker to talk about his career would be the scoop of the wrestling century. Closest thing he's ever done to a shoot was that interview with Michael Landsberg during his ABA/Big Evil phase, but even then that was still quite guarded.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement