Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

thinking at WM34 we will get a horror fatal 4 way

Demon Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt vs Broken Matt Hardy vs Alister Black or Eric Young

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

PTH2009 wrote: »
    thinking at WM34 we will get a horror fatal 4 way

Demon Finn Balor vs Bray Wyatt vs Broken Matt Hardy vs Alister Black or Eric Young

I think your way off and besides, its April for god sakes man.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    I think your way off and besides, its April for god sakes man.

never too early to think about mania lol

A match of this type at any event could be fun

tbh the Bray Wyatt character might be binned soon and they will try something else with him

its weird that were all secretly waiting for the hardyz to disband and we get Broken Matt Hardy

PTH2009 wrote: »
    never too early to think about mania lol

A match of this type at any event could be fun

tbh the Bray Wyatt character might be binned soon and they will try something else with him

its weird that were all secretly waiting for the hardyz to disband and we get Broken Matt Hardy

Its April, 3 weeks since the last Mania. WWE , even if they did have any Mania plans, will change them about a million times before then. Your speculation is wild to say the least

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Can we please not mention anything regarding next years Wrestlemania as mentioned by Joe above, we're only 3 weeks removed from 33, and with the exception of Reigns/Lesnar next year, WWE probably aren't even thinking that far ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I watched an episode of Impact for the first time in about 2 years recently.

Embarrassing to say the least. From the dolt interviewing people backstage, to the cameramen missing high spots, to the cringeworthy Karen Jarrett.

Everything about the production is just so naff, the poor lighting, the depressing blue, the continued use of the old TNA title belts.

I also see that Josh Matthews muppet is now doing a '2011 Michael Cole heel gimmick'. It's hard to describe how terrible he is at it.

I watched an episode of Impact for the first time in about 2 years recently.

Embarrassing to say the least. From the dolt interviewing people backstage, to the cameramen missing high spots, to the cringeworthy Karen Jarrett.

Everything about the production is just so naff, the poor lighting, the depressing blue, the continued use of the old TNA title belts.

I also see that Josh Matthews muppet is now doing a '2011 Michael Cole heel gimmick'. It's hard to describe how terrible he is at it.

I dont mind the use of the old belts, but I agree the use of Josh and Karen Jarrett arent going to make people tune in. I do like seeing new faces though and they do have some talented guys. Its a work in progress and I will give it a chance. But yeah, it needs to improve.

I know change can't happen overnight but it concerned me how poor it was.

They have good wrestling minds in there now with Mantel, JJ and Pritchard. I really hope they can succeed but there's still a stink of death about the place.

I know change can't happen overnight but it concerned me how poor it was.

They have good wrestling minds in there now with Mantel, JJ and Pritchard. I really hope they can succeed but there's still a stink of death about the place.

They are good wrestling minds, but I wonder how out of touch they are with the audience of 2017. I feel someone young, fresh, hungry should be given a go, like Eric Bischoff in WCW. Dutch amd Jarrett arent bad, I like both guys, but i feel with them all being from an old generation, that it may hinder TNA to grow.

You could be right there. All three are older guys, maybe what's needed is somebody from a younger generation. Who though is the question.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Which wrestlers in the WWE or TNA of the younger generation wrestling today look like they have a mind for the business?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Can we please not mention anything regarding next years Wrestlemania as mentioned by Joe above, we're only 3 weeks removed from 33, and with the exception of Reigns/Lesnar next year, WWE probably aren't even thinking that far ahead.

It's just fan speculation so I don't see the harm in it. If I couldn't discuss the winds of winter I'd go spare. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Watched a WCW ww3 recently for the first time. Really annoying trying to follow the action on 3 slip screens. Not sure how the concept got the go ahead.

Which got me thinking, do WWE own rights to the royal rumble format?

Which wrestlers in the WWE or TNA of the younger generation wrestling today look like they have a mind for the business?

Who knows, I dont know them personally or to the extent where I can judge or recommend them. My point is Dutch and Jarrett had the book years ago.

Are they are capable of turning TNA around? I hope so for the good of wrestling. But my gut feeling it will be just a rehash of old ideas and nothing new.

Kolido wrote: »
    Watched a WCW ww3 recently for the first time. Really annoying trying to follow the action on 3 slip screens. Not sure how the concept got the go ahead.

Which got me thinking, do WWE own rights to the royal rumble format?

WW3 was abysmal to keep up with. I never knew where to look. There was no spots like a rumble, just random guys punching and being thrown out. It was a cluster**** with no real drama.

Id say WWE just own the name and not the format.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Who knows, I dont know them personally or to the extent where I can judge or recommend them. My point is Dutch and Jarrett had the book years ago.

Are they are capable of turning TNA around? I hope so for the good of wrestling. But my gut feeling it will be just a rehash of old ideas and nothing new.

The point more being is none of us really know as the talent in the WWE will never get the chance to show if they have a wrestling brain as Vince hires Hollywood script writes and they are overlooked by a McMahon.

Also any wrestler who manages to get themselves over using their own wrestling brain is nearly always depushed by the McMahons.

TNA ok has the old guard wrestling booking committee by the looks of with no new fresh blood being brought in.

Because they way the McMahon's run it now it's going to be harder and harder for wrestlers to move into booking and many probably don't want to either.

Dynamite Kid, Tom Billington's family were the State's Executioners in Britain in the late 1800s early 1900s. Hangmen.

Maybe that's why he ended up so sideways in life. A mean little bastard.

A great wrestler but a terrible person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Reason bagillion to feel old: the Shield reuniting is a possible thing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Want to feel old?

The release of the NES is the same amount of time removed from Mania 17 as we are now.... (16 years)

i always wonder how many active touring groups wwe have weekly

Raw and SD rosters have there tapings/house shows and PPV the odd time

was intresting to find out that NXT have 2 touring rosters that do house shows the same night in different locations

the european tour starts next week, Raw crew (Weds 3rd May Italy) and SD crew (Thurs 4th May Glasgow)

some amount of travelling for both rosters
    Weds 3rd May- Rome Italy
    Thurs 4th May- Bologna Italy
    Thurs 4th May- Glasgow Scotland
    Fri 5th May- Dublin Ireland
    Fri 5th May- Cardiff Wales
    Sat 6th May- Belfast Ireland
    Sat 6th May- Valencia Spain
    Sun 7th May- Liverpool UK
    Sun 7th May- Acoura Spain
    Mon 8th May- London UK
    Mon 8th May- Bouremonth UK
    Tues 9th May- Lille France
    Tues 9th May- London UK
    Weds 10th May- Zurich Switzerland
    Weds 10th May- Birmingham UK
    Thurs 11th May- Stuttgart Germany
    Thurs 11th May- Sheffield UK
    Fri 12th May- Liege Belgium
    Fri 12th May- Newcastle UK
    Sat 13th May- Rotterdam Holland
    Sat 13th May- Stockholm Sweden
    Sun 14th May- Copenhagen Denmark

• Advertisement

I'm not going to *Google it but I seriously can't remember who the IC champ is it's been wrecking my head for the last few hours.

I don't even remember which brand it's on.

I'm not going to *Google it but I seriously can't remember who the IC champ is it's been wrecking my head for the last few hours.

I don't even remember which brand it's on.

https://youtu.be/JOY3H6Fc-Ho

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It'll become relevant again if they give it back to The Miz.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CastorTroy wrote: »

Or just take it off Ambrose altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    CastorTroy wrote: »

Or just take it off Ambrose altogether.
    Lads it's a bad sign when people can't remember the IC champion. The IC title which mr patt Patterson won proudly in rio de Janerio😠in 1979 and was considered the workers title has been reduced to what it's now.

I mean some great matches have been for the IC title, including some of the greatest matches of all time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I've no idea why it isn't on tonight's card especially seeing as it is now essentially the top title on Raw (while Brock is not there) and this is a Raw PPV.

No reason why it couldn't be Miz vs Ambrose and then you could have Balor / Wyatt / whoever be involved after that

Funny how Vince was known as Vince Lupton up until his mid teens. Linda used to know him as Vinnie Lupton when they first started dating.

Brought up in a trailer park in North Carolina with his mother and stepfather. Never met his real Dad until he was 12. You can see where some of his issues stem from.

I've heard that Vince McMahon Sr was a hard man as well. Not a very nice person from what I've read.

The family had being promoting boxing and wrestling in New York since the 1920s, RJ 'Jess' McMahon originally founded the promotion which exists today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Chain Smoker

Watched the Smackdown elimination chamber match from 2011 there as I remember thinking it was absolutely class at the time. The match itself held up no bother (was that the year where Rey was having amazing matches on Raw on every week? I think it was) but Jesus Christ Booker T was f*cking hard to take. Talking absolute nonsense over the match, really negatively impacted the whole thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've no idea why it isn't on tonight's card especially seeing as it is now essentially the top title on Raw (while Brock is not there) and this is a Raw PPV.

No reason why it couldn't be Miz vs Ambrose and then you could have Balor / Wyatt / whoever be involved after that

I was wondering the same thing. Remember it was the preshow match for Mania in exchange for the women. So really it has missed 2 PPVs in a row.

And then last night
    duirng the beatdown at the end, thought that would be a time to bring out Ambrose (and maybe Rollins) as Ambrose hadn't appeared all night.

Edit: Just looking at wiki now and the IC title hasn't been defended on a PPV since TLC at the beginning of December.

• Advertisement

Watched the original One Night Stand yesterday and it has me wondering now with the Hardy's are back does RVD have one last run left in him with the WWE.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement