Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Do a bit of DDP Yoga, be grand like. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

I'd like to see him come back for a short run. Solid hand in the ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Watching a lot of shoot interviews by Kevin Nash recently. I know he gets a bad reputation but I still love watching his interviews. He talked about Scott Hall and how he had a great mind for the business. Makes me think WWE could use a guy like that down at NXT's performance center. He could work with the talents and pass on his wrestling knowledge to the younger guys. Dare I say Hall could probably be a nice replacement for Dusty Rhodes.

Another thing I was thinking about is how WWE could benefit having other great wrestling minds in the company. Jake Roberts, Bret Hart, Raven. They also could have had added Dutch Mantel to their creative divison when he was still with the company, even as an advisory role. But I do think it's good to have old veterans in key positions within the company. These are the guys who know the business inside out, and could teach the younger generation more about the business, while also keeping the business true to what it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Hall isn't completely clean, don't mind the DDP propaganda. It's a work brother.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

I don't think Hall or Roberts would want to be on the road. Both would have a lot to give but for the sake or their health they're better off out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,787 ✭✭✭✭briany

I don't think Kurt Angle looks that healthy, still. On the table for 3 with Edge and Christian, he looked beet-red in the face compared to the other two, and compared to himself in old clips. Here's hoping that's only a bad sun tan.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

briany wrote:
    I don't think Kurt Angle looks that healthy, still. On the table for 3 with Edge and Christian, he looked beet-red in the face compared to the other two, and compared to himself in old clips. Here's hoping that's only a bad sun tan.

He sweats a lot too. Goldberg level of sweat & through a suit. I hope he's alright tho & it's nothing health related.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

I despise the name "The artist known as" Shinsuke Nakamura. What stupid idiot came up with that shyte?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    I despise the name "The artist known as" Shinsuke Nakamura. What stupid idiot came up with that shyte?

Prince.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

almost 20 years ahead of his time

hxNJT2z.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

jaykhunter wrote: »
    almost 20 years ahead of his time

What the? Goldust looks like a cross between Vader and the Blue Meanie here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

What the? Goldust looks like a cross between Vader and the Blue Meanie here

Goldust's attitude era gimmick (after splitting with Marlena and joining Luna) was coming out in a crazy different getup each week; sometimes related to do with his opponent (eg Headbangers - Marilyn Manson-dust, Flash Funk - Shaft-dust)

MASSIVE bang of 90s Russo bollocks off it. You've been warned!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Shinsuke is the 'King of Strong Style', not the 'Artist'...I swear Vince wants us to hate him *Pays the renewal for WWE Network*

There shouldn't be two world champions in WWE. I like the brand split, but the there should be one champion who goes back and forth between both shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If they do want 2 champions I think whoever is the champion on their respective brand coming out of the Royal Rumble event should be the champion at Mania, no title matches until Mania

And then at the February PPV the 2 champions should face off to decide who gets the Mania main event slot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

When I was training I wanted to be calked "Tge Artist" Aerthyn Woulfe. Could go made with the whole ring being a canvas and how you woyld create masterpieces on it. Also like the moniker The Da Vinci of Violence.

Thats when I went back training two years ago, gave it up as other commitments got in the way!

Better then my IWW moniker Shane The Bruiser!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Sirsok wrote: »
    When I was training I wanted to be calked "Tge Artist" Aerthyn Woulfe. Could go made with the whole ring being a canvas and how you woyld create masterpieces on it. Also like the moniker The Da Vinci of Violence.

Thats when I went back training two years ago, gave it up as other commitments got in the way!

Better then my IWW moniker Shane The Bruiser!

I've a question about the training. I've read that the action of willingly throwing yourself onto a hard surface like a ring floor is very hard to do initially with it not being a natural action. Is that true ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I've a question about the training. I've read that the action of willingly throwing yourself onto a hard surface like a ring floor is very hard to do initially with it not being a natural action. Is that true ?

Most indie rings tend to have a lot more bounce to them than for eg. WWF rings before 1998/9. I've never been a wrestler but I've fallen backwards on trampolines and it is a weird sensation - falling, whether backwards or forwards or sideways isnt natural regardless where you fall. I definitely wouldn't do it on a surface any harder than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

oneilla wrote: »
    Most indie rings tend to have a lot more bounce to them than for eg. WWF rings before 1998/9. I've never been a wrestler but I've fallen backwards on trampolines and it is a weird sensation - falling, whether backwards or forwards or sideways isnt natural regardless where you fall. I definitely wouldn't do it on a surface any harder than that.

Wrestling is deff not as easy as it looks

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

briany wrote:
    There shouldn't be two world champions in WWE. I like the brand split, but the there should be one champion who goes back and forth between both shows.

It'd be a great idea but the new problem it causes especially with lazy WWE booking it would just result in the champion spending one month on Raw and not on Smackdown and then the following month on Smackdown and not on Raw.

• Advertisement

It'd be a great idea but the new problem it causes especially with lazy WWE booking it would just result in the champion spending one month on Raw and not on Smackdown and then the following month on Smackdown and not on Raw.

That's basically the situation we have now because Brock is RAW champ. When Brock was undisputed champ, he wasn't on either show for weeks at a time. It didn't really hurt anything because it gave a sense of prestige to the title, and allowed WWE to develop the secondary belts, too. A 'floating' champ would necessarily have to be on each show each week.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was thinking he could take part on raw in run up to Raw PPV, SD for SD PPV and triple threat for cross brand. But that would get messy as well due to probable interference and working rematches into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

briany wrote:
    That's basically the situation we have now because Brock is RAW champ. When Brock was undisputed champ, he wasn't on either show for weeks at a time. It didn't really hurt anything because it gave a sense of prestige to the title, and allowed WWE to develop the secondary belts, too. A 'floating' champ would necessarily have to be on each show each week.

Completely agree, but I would argue Brock is the exception rather than the rule but I do.agree a floating champ wouldn't have to be on every show. But I just reckon wwe would just do it in a month on month off system respective to each brand. It's what they did in the original draft and they decided pretty quickly it wasn't gonna work.

Yeah I love the idea in theory but it was messy and confusing when they tried it in 2002.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,179 ✭✭✭Ridley

If they do want 2 champions I think whoever is the champion on their respective brand coming out of the Royal Rumble event should be the champion at Mania, no title matches until Mania

And then at the February PPV the 2 champions should face off to decide who gets the Mania main event slot

I disagree, I think the Rumble winner should the only guy guaranteed a place at WM with the champion defending the belt in the Elimination Chamber or what have you.

Not that I want a bazillion PPVs a year anyway but I'm wondering if maybe the draft should be an annual cross brand PPV. Course the problem with that is this year when They clearly didn't want to make big changes.

latest?cb=20130706221556

GW300H225
    15 years ago today WWF changed its name to WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I still call it WWF.

I still call it WWF.
    I call it WWE but unlike WWE calling Bruno sammartino a former WWE champion, I will refer to him and stuff that happened pre 2002 name change by the relevant compacy name at the time the thing happened. I can't stand WWE acting like the company has always been WWE.

Also I'll say world wrestling entertainment at times as that's the legal name of the company despite the company wanting to just use WWE.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I don't think they are acting like it was always called WWE, they are using that because of the court case with World Wildlife Fund. Hell, I'm pretty sure they had to get permission to be allowed to use the term WWF on the Network.

• Advertisement

I'm weird, I guess, I try to call it WWE at all times for my OCD, but when I'm talking about stuff pre-2002 I'll naturally slip back into calling it WWF unless I catch myself. Just because that's how I saw it then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement