Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

PTH2009 wrote:
    He also fell in Dublin too, so i wonder is he doing it on purpose and is part of his gimmick ???

I just thought it's to pop the crowd like the other time.he did it a while back? They're not exactly natural looking falls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

The house of horror match reminded me more of the Lucha underground's skits production wise more than the hardy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The house of horror match reminded me more of the Lucha underground's skits production wise more than the hardy stuff.

I was more entertained by The House of Horrors than I was by the Orton Wyatt Mania match.

Not that it was good,it was awful ****e, but it held my attention more than maggot graphics on the ring mat.

Bray Wyatt is literally one of the hardest pushed yet worst booked wrestlers in a long time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I think the Hardyz stuff got way too much credit for being so original when it was basically a pisstakey version of LU's vision. Everyone borrows off each other so I don't say that as criticism, it's just factual.

Really surprised theres been no mention of the WWE UK tapings the past week.

http://talksport.com/wwe/wwe-boss-triple-h-left-baffled-alan-partridge-dan-dan-chants-during-wwe-uk-taping-norwich

Lawn-chair seats, Wrestlemania in the UK and Alan Partidge references. Its a Bloody Ruddy disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

I saw the deck chairs alright, bit embarrassing looking like amateur hour stuff. There was some guffaws had on the Twitter

wlhTk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

PTH2009 wrote: »
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-video-watch-jeff-hardy-fall-down-in-the-middle-of-the-ring-once-again

He also fell in Dublin too, so i wonder is he doing it on purpose and is part of his gimmick ???

its funny though

also ate mat in Belfast too, think 1st time was accidental and now he does it all the time to try and play it off as he meant to do it

• Registered Users Posts: 38,363 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

A shield reunion

Yay or nay ???

They were a good stable and Kickstarted all the guys careers. I'd love them to reunite for a few months but be the destructive heels they debuted as at survivor series 2012. The fans adored roman reigns during his shield days

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

I can see them reforming soon, all 3 are on Raw now

It'll be used as a vehicle for getting Roman over obviously, I can see it being done after Summerslam for a few months before one of them turns probably Dean this time, and Roman will beat him for momentum leading into his Mania main event with Lesnar

I can see them reforming soon, all 3 are on Raw now

It'll be used as a vehicle for getting Roman over obviously, I can see it being done after Summerslam for a few months before one of them turns probably Dean this time, and Roman will beat him for momentum leading into his Mania main event with Lesnar

Would brining in a 4th Shield member work, Baron Corbin (everyone wanted him to join the shield in his nxt days)

maybe Roman will be one to turn on them and we get a heel vs heel match at mania vs Brock Lesner ??.

a reunion seems logical as the fans loved them, bring back a bit of nostalgia (well its only 3 years since they disbanded) and it might get Roman Reigns over the crowd

• Advertisement

Would brining in a 4th Shield member work, Baron Corbin (everyone wanted him to join the shield in his nxt days)

maybe Roman will be one to turn on them and we get a heel vs heel match at mania vs Brock Lesner ??.

a reunion seems logical as the fans loved them, bring back a bit of nostalgia (well its only 3 years since they disbanded) and it might get Roman Reigns over the crowd

Ah now, Ive never heard that, who in their right minds would want that?

No one thats who.

He'd be a horrible fit in so many ways.

Baron was sorta like Roman in his early shield days during his face run in NXT, a silent killer so I can see why people would put him alongside them

But as a new member when they reform, nobody wants an NWO 2.0, The Shield was Rollins Ambrose Reigns and should remain that

If Roman wasn't turned heel post Taker he never will, he will be to the next few years what Cena was from 05-12 and getting similar reactions, he's the next Cena whether we like it or not as this stage I've given up all hope of a turn it is what it is, I just hope for something likes Styles v Nakamura on the SD side to compensate for a 4th Reigns main event in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

I'm a NO for a Shield reunion.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Would like it teased the way HHH and Michaels teased a DX reunion before HHH attacked Shawn, except with Roman attacking them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Can someone explain why the WWE turned down the crowd so much during Raw this week?
    It's not Roman Reigns as his involvement was the loudest part & around 10 minutes max.
    Honestly I can't figure out how the WWE draw a great crowd every week it's the biggest mystery in the company. Everything about the weekly product is bland & the booking is like they are trying to ensure nobody is invested in it including the talent.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Can someone explain why the WWE turned down the crowd so much during Raw this week?
    It's not Roman Reigns as his involvement was the loudest part & around 10 minutes max.
    Honestly I can't figure out how the WWE draw a great crowd every week it's the biggest mystery in the company. Everything about the weekly product is bland & the booking is like they are trying to ensure nobody is invested in it including the talent.

Same reason people criticise them here every day but then goes to the house shows when they come over. They're fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I am the only one who hasn't been impressed with Balor since his return?

He seems to have lost that step of pace in the ring and his work has become sloppy. He's also gotten very lean looking, it's highlighted when he's in the ring with other wrestlers.

Listen I know he's 35 and is restricted in how he can work in WWE but still though I'm just not feeling him at the moment.

If only they'd signed him a decade ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

He's been lacking purpose since his return, like it's as if they don't know what to do with him. About his physique he still looks fine to me but a prolonged injury is going to hinder your physical activity. I saw a picture of Rollins recently without his shirt in the gym and he honestly looked like he had a slight gut to me but given the problems he's had with his legs, that is absolutely fine to me.

Hopefully it's just the fact he was 9 months out and slightly rusty as opposed to age catching up, he's been given jack sh1t to do as well as maybe not looking at his best, also with a shoulder injury it would have been hard for him to any upper body work, better this than how HHH came back jacked after his leg injury in 01/02

Also the thing with Balor is he's spent over 2 years of his career in WWE as hype for the main roster as opposed to actually doing anything, he's only been on the main roster for 2 months of action after being signed nearly 3 years ago. How long did people spend imagining his debut, it took nearly 2 years, and then there was a long time imagining his return. It's hard for anyone to live up to being imagined as something great for so long when who can live up to such hype

One of the big reasons people are absolutely loving AJ Styles now is he wasn't hyped like this for years, or it wouldn't have been anything close to a real dream, so the fact he's surpassing expectations placed upon him before arriving counts for a lot

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    He's been lacking purpose since his return, like it's as if they don't know what to do with him. About his physique he still looks fine to me but a prolonged injury is going to hinder your physical activity. I saw a picture of Rollins recently without his shirt in the gym and he honestly looked like he had a slight gut to me but given the problems he's had with his legs, that is absolutely fine to me.

I'd love too look like an out of shape Rollins lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm just watching the go home smackdown before backlash last year on the network live channel and natalya really had a disappointing career. She was/is talented in ring but her character IMO has been terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,410 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I'm just watching the go home smackdown before backlash last year on the network live channel and natalya really had a disappointing career. She was/is talented in ring but her character IMO has been terrible.

Well she never really had much charisma and she couldn't talk on the mic. She was also quite bland. That being said, being in WWE for as long as she has isn't such a bad thing. She's probably wealthy at this point and financially secure for life. I'd be happy enough with that if I were her.

To be fair, I never think it's fair when people say someone can't talk. She's charismatic on Total Divas and is definitely a big personality, I just think WWE (or her to be fair) never connected her character with her personality and are only really beginning to do so lately. She's annoying but in a Mom kinda way, it's a tough character to translate and relate to people, but there's definitely something there. Like the only famous person I can think of that would be similar is Sarah Palin (an irritating, over the top soccer mom), and WWE don't typically have the nuance to get across a Palin-type character as it should be.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Did they ever reveal why she was farting?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

She had a decent heel run with Beth but since then has been just hanging around

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Did they ever reveal why she was farting?

Died reading that! Vince growling "Because her name rhymes with fart! Hart-fart!"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Died reading that! Vince growling "Because her name rhymes with fart! Hart-fart!"

Where was the payoff? :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 106 ✭✭HankScorpio102

How does Tamina still have a job? She's garbage. Just stands there in the background of every promo/confrontation/backstage skirmish. Natalya is another one. Can practically hear a pin drop whenever her music hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

How does Tamina still have a job? She's garbage. Just stands there in the background of every promo/confrontation/backstage skirmish.

I can't stand the sight of her. She doesn't have a good look, she's crap in the ring. Has she ever spoke on the mic? Even her finish is crap, she looks like she has all the gracefulness of a 3 seater reclining couch flying through the air

• Advertisement

How does Tamina still have a job? She's garbage. Just stands there in the background of every promo/confrontation/backstage skirmish. Natalya is another one. Can practically hear a pin drop whenever her music hits.

Vince probably keeping The Rock sweet.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement