Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,646 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Breezango are my new favourite thing, there's even an article on rolling stone about them making wrestling fun again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

skipper_G wrote: »
    Breezango are my new favourite thing, there's even an article on rolling stone about them making wrestling fun again

I was delighted to see the bronco buster. That was a fun match

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Fabreeze is awesome.
    Really put themselves over in the last few weeks.

I like seeing all these gimmick matches

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I didn't like the way the WCW rings sounded back in the day but watching 1999 WCW on the network it sounds so much worse.

I remember Bret Hart saying that he hated their rings. He found the size difference (16ft as opposed to 20ft) and ropes (steel cables instead of real rope) difficult to adapt to. He thought it slowed the pace and flow of matches.

I also heard Sting saying recently that he never liked working in TNA's six sided ring.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,360 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

WWE have postponed there NXT live show in the Manchester Arena due to Mondays events

DAwLEbDXcAAH-ab.jpg:large

surprised there wasant a tribute on SD live this week maybe they might do something on Raw next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember Bret Hart saying that he hated their rings. He found the size difference (16ft as opposed to 20ft) and ropes (steel cables instead of real rope) difficult to adapt to. He thought it slowed the pace and flow of matches.

I also heard Sting saying recently that he never liked working in TNA's six sided ring.

Sure Austin Aries got annoyed at fans when they voted for the return of the six sided ring. Said it did more damage due to how solid/tight it was compared to 4 sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Ruat Caelum

Have been watching the first couple of episodes of RAW on the WWE network. Rob Bartlett is the commentator. Seems to be a very peculiar choice ... he spends most of one match doing a very dodgy Mike Tyson impersonation. Pretending to call from prison and do a mock interview with Vince while also semi commentating the match.

The most uncomfortable moment being just after the impersonation ends when Randy Savage suggests that Tyson got a raw deal when he ended up in prison. (Tyson was in prison at the time after being convicted of Rape)

Also Rob Bartlett was a bar attorney in the last season of the Good Wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,169 ✭✭✭✭Clegg

Clegg wrote: »
    Jeremy Corbyn tweeting Zack Sabre Junior to thank him for all his support is my wrestling moment of the year.
    ZSJ has actually met Jeremy Corbyn since I made this post. This is now my wrestling moment of the year.

Ohhhh Zack Labour Junior.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Are WWE trying to make Sami, Nakamura, AJ, KO, Corbin and Ziggler the Smackdown six v2.0?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Are WWE trying to make Sami, Nakamura, AJ, KO, Corbin and Ziggler the Smackdown six v2.0?

^^^ Funny you should mention it because I was thinking to myself the other day. Why not make a new version of the Smackdown 6 with AJ Styles, Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn, Nakamura, Dolph Ziggler, and Samoa Joe. I think it would be great if the traded Joe to Smackdown and make him the 6th. I just switched Joe for Corbin. But yeah it looks like they are the new Smackdown 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,920 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

https://theringer.com/the-masked-man-show-dfe39b075295
    cause a lot of people ask me 'when are you going to turn heel?' Like, I don't care because guess what? I'm going to be in the WWE for a very long time so you're going to see both versions of myself for a while. So people need to shut up because that's what I'm sick of hearing. 'When are you gonna turn heel?' Then once I turn heel, 'when are you gonna turn babyface?' You guys just need to shut up and let me do me, okay? Why do you want me to turn on Bayley? That's my best friend. I don't have a lot of friends so just accept it. Yeah, I play either one very well, so it doesn't matter."

Those comments above show why I don't like Sasha banks.
    1.yes you will be there a long time.
    2.telling the fans to shut up isn't a good idea.
    3. Also no she doesn't do both well. She's terrible at being a babyface.

I wonder if this is why she's lumped with Alicia and the 205live crew. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

https://theringer.com/the-masked-man-show-dfe39b075295

Those comments above show why I don't like Sasha banks.
    1.yes you will be there a long time.
    2.telling the fans to shut up isn't a good idea.
    3. Also no she doesn't do both well. She's terrible at being a babyface.

I wonder if this is why she's lumped with Alicia and the 205live crew. ?

To be fair, you shpuld listen to the audio, the text alone doesnt show her tone. She wasnt telling fans to shut up.

And WWEs creative are as more guilty of her coming across as a poor babyface than she is.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    To be fair, you shpuld listen to the audio, the text alone doesnt show her tone. She wasnt telling fans to shut up.

And WWEs creative are as more guilty of her coming across as a poor babyface than she is.

I did listen and maybe she was kayfabing us but the text is accurate though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I did listen and maybe she was kayfabing us but the text is accurate though.

Think he means she was joking around (which she was, she was laughing the entire time) and the text makes it look like she's on a rant. So if you took umbrage to being told to shut up, it was more a case of "oh shut up" than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

In the next 39 days there will be 25 hours of RAW & Smackdown and 3 PPV's so give or take 34 live hours of main roster wrestling.

WWE Overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

In the next 39 days there will be 25 hours of RAW & Smackdown and 3 PPV's so give or take 34 live hours of main roster wrestling.

Christ. Poor anyone that reviews modern WWE!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

WWE Overkill.

Indeed. The current product isn't exactly as terrible as people make it out to be, but 34 hours of very average wrestling (with the very odd diamond of a match) is just brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

WWE Overkill.

Do give them any PPV ideas, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

AJ Styles is 40 today and is just getting better and better in the ring

WWE Overkill.

You're right it's overkill. How do they expect fans to properly digest all that content ? I mean give me weekly tv and a PPV at the end of the month. I liked the way it was done in the first brand split where each brand had time between their own brand PPV to build up storylines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

sky88 wrote: »
    AJ Styles is 40 today and is just getting better and better in the ring

Has to go down as one of the greatest workers of all time.

Like Michaels he can drag a decent match out of anybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Does anyone else watch hockey? I am hearing WWE music crop up all over the place during games. I'm pretty sure the Washington Capitols use the DIY theme as their regular entrance music as the teams take the ice - I heard it used right throughout the playoffs.

Then last night I hear Finn Balor's music between the 2nd and 3rd periods in Nashville.

Oh and does anyone recognise the music in the background here, as they interviewed PK Subban post game (contains a spoiler of the result obviously).

https://www.nhl.com/video/subban-after-preds-game-3-win/t-277350912/c-52146603?tcid=tw_video_content_id

Hmm, sounds like that song could be great. Nope it's some other word starting with G but can't quite place it...

It's Glorious!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,159 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Does anyone else watch hockey? I am hearing WWE music crop up all over the place during games. I'm pretty sure the Washington Capitols use the DIY theme as their regular entrance music as the teams take the ice - I heard it used right throughout the playoffs.

Then last night I hear Finn Balor's music between the 2nd and 3rd periods in Nashville.

Oh and does anyone recognise the music in the background here, as they interviewed PK Subban post game (contains a spoiler of the result obviously).

https://www.nhl.com/video/subban-after-preds-game-3-win/t-277350912/c-52146603?tcid=tw_video_content_id

I say most other sports their use WWE music, HHH music was used once in a baseball game and such

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think my biggest annoyance in WWE is the exit through the door rule in a cage match. It is fecking nonsense!

You cannot make it exciting. A person walking/stumbling/crawling towards a door is not edge of the seat material. Fans do not get invested in it. How bloody does stupid does it look to have a ref there "Let me open this for you. No? I'll close it again then."

In fact, there should be no door. The wrestlers should enter and the cage should be lowered over them, enforcing the "Nowhere to go" scenario. Climbing the cage should be the only way to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think my biggest annoyance in WWE is the exit through the door rule in a cage match. It is fecking nonsense!

You cannot make it exciting. A person walking/stumbling/crawling towards a door is not edge of the seat material. Fans do not get invested in it. How bloody does stupid does it look to have a ref there "Let me open this for you. No? I'll close it again then."

In fact, there should be no door. The wrestlers should enter and the cage should be lowered over them, enforcing the "Nowhere to go" scenario. Climbing the cage should be the only way to win.

There should be no escape stipulation, climbing or otherwise.

A cage match was usually used as a blow off for a major feud. 2 guys wanting to kill one another and then.... Let's run away from each other, and try and escape. It's a total disconnect

But that was pretty much made redundant as well with the Hell in a Cell matches

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    There should be no escape stipulation, climbing or otherwise.

A cage match was usually used as a blow off for a major feud. 2 guys wanting to kill one another and then.... Let's run away from each other, and try and escape. It's a total disconnect

It's also been used for when a cowardly heel gets his comeuppance though. To keep cronies out or stop intentional DQ's. That's why the escape rule should be kept. Keep pins and submissions too I suppose.

My main problem is the door. Fúck the door!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

CastorTroy wrote: »
    But that was pretty much made redundant as well with the Hell in a Cell matches

Yeah, this. I hear what people are saying about the escape rule, and I agree that 'escape only' matches are generally contrived cack, but if you go pinfall only too then it essentially becomes Diet HIAC. We've seen plenty of crackers that are pinfall and escape, it can work if done with a bit of smart psychology, so that should be the way it is all the time for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I have been catching up with all the Something to Wrestle with podcasts and it got me wondering will Bruce as Brother Love ever get a HoF spot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement