Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think he deserves it since he worn many hats during his WWE tenure, but they never honour behind the scenes guys like Jim Johnston or Steve Lombardi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

Why isn't the nipple cripple a thing in wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Why isn't the nipple cripple a thing in wrestling?

Certain Joey Ryan is well into it! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone know why Samoa Joe doesn't use the Muscle Buster on the main roster?

He used it in NXT so it wasn't the fact it was used when Tyson Kidd was injured that stopped it

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

He used it in NXT so it wasn't the fact it was used when Tyson Kidd was injured that stopped it

If "reports" are to be believed it is because of the Tyson Kidd thing. HHH trusts him, hence why he did it in NXT. But, Vince doesn't trust him or the move because Tyson was one of his guys he would use to test people in the ring to test out new talent. Of course, it caused a massive neck injury to Kidd and apparently Vince doesn't want to risk it happening again....if you believe the reports that is...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Yet Seth has done the buckle bomb since injuring Finn

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Anyone else sick of Jim Cornette's podcast?

The man has the worst case of tunnel vision I've ever seen in my life. Everything is black and white to him and he is utterly intolerant to anyone with a different view or outlook to his, whether that be in wrestling, politics or just life in general.

All this talk of violence and killing his enemies.

Jesus Christ the guy is 57 years old, is he ever going to grow up or check himself into a treatment centre to deal with his severe anger issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

The man has the worst case of tunnel vision I've ever seen in my life. Everything is black and white to him and he is utterly intolerant to anyone with a different view or outlook to his, whether that be in wrestling, politics or just life in general.

Jesus Christ the guy is 57 years old, is he ever going to grow up or check himself into a treatment centre to deal with his severe anger issues.

He is entertaining at times, he is frustrating at times. Like all talking heads, he needs to keep himself relevant, and unfortunately this can lead to some irritating provocative content, like the death threats to Russo, or him ****ting on anything Kenny Omega does.

That said, I find myself agreeing with him more often than not, so I still give him the time of day.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Double meat, double cheese, extra onion, double mayo!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I think the only reason people listen to Jim Cornette's podcast is because of the rants, and his pure hatred for things. It's what makes it watchable I guess. I do like listening to his views, but don't have much time for the death threats. That's going too far.

• Advertisement

I often find myself agreeing with him also but I find his debating skills to be appalling. He is incapable of seeing anything from another persons point of view, he pre judges everything. He uses ad hominem attacks instead of arguing his opinion in a civil manner.

When he tells stories of trying to commit vehicular homicide in Nashville or destroying some kid working for SMW car with a tyre iron it turns me right off him. This fcuker is dangerous, I wouldn't put anything past him.

Probably needs to be medicated.

Another thing that comes across glaringly with Cornette whenever you hear him talk about his previous dealings, is just what a wimp he truly is, and how that really cost him in the business world. Like if you notice he rarely ever tells stories of him standing up to and dealing with anyone causing him grief; he always seems to take their ****, and then either verbally go to school on them from a distance (eventually leaving Russo a ranty VM), or maybe smash up their property (that kid in SMW's car).

Of course, I'm not advocating him being some kind of vigilante ass-kicker - just that he should have dealt with his problems more effectively. A great example is his supposedly 'epic rant' on Tim Horner. All I took from that whole promo was that Horner grossly underperformed in his position, but it still took Cornette an age to fire him (supposedly out of loyalty), and Horner still got away with a truck belonging to SMW that he apparently never returned. Why didn't Cornette go smash up his car? I'm sorry but if I was the one backing Cornette (spoiler alert: I am not Rick Rubin), I'd be fuming!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Isn't that part of his appeal that he flies off the handle about anything?
    It's not a recent thing to me anyway.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Isn't that part of his appeal that he flies off the handle about anything?
    It's not a recent thing to me anyway.

Ah yeah I know I've been listening to him rant for years.

Lately I've just had enough of him.

Might just give him a break for a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,786 ✭✭✭✭briany

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Another thing that comes across glaringly with Cornette whenever you hear him talk about his previous dealings, is just what a wimp he truly is, and how that really cost him in the business world. Like if you notice he rarely ever tells stories of him standing up to and dealing with anyone causing him grief; he always seems to take their ****, and then either verbally go to school on them from a distance (eventually leaving Russo a ranty VM), or maybe smash up their property (that kid in SMW's car).

Of course, I'm not advocating him being some kind of vigilante ass-kicker - just that he should have dealt with his problems more effectively. A great example is his supposedly 'epic rant' on Tim Horner. All I took from that whole promo was that Horner grossly underperformed in his position, but it still took Cornette an age to fire him (supposedly out of loyalty), and Horner still got away with a truck belonging to SMW that he apparently never returned. Why didn't Cornette go smash up his car? I'm sorry but if I was the one backing Cornette (spoiler alert: I am not Rick Rubin), I'd be fuming!

He once slapped Santino Marella in the face, and presumably was prepared to take any physical retaliation that Marella was going to give back. He once pulled a gun on Brock Lesnar as well for messing with Cornette's then-girlfriend (now wife). He's also been involved in various wrestling riots and bumped around in the ring. Cornette's said on more than one occasion that he's not a tough guy, but it won't stop him avoiding confrontation if he feels it's necessary. As you point out, there have been times when he has seemingly avoided it, but as I point out - times when he has not avoided it also. He picks his battles, as many do.

briany wrote: »
    He once slapped Santino Marella in the face, and presumably was prepared to take any physical retaliation that Marella was going to give back. He once pulled a gun on Brock Lesnar as well for messing with Cornette's then-girlfriend (now wife). He's also been involved in various wrestling riots and bumped around in the ring. Cornette's said on more than one occasion that he's not a tough guy, but it won't stop him avoiding confrontation if he feels it's necessary. As you point out, there have been times when he has seemingly avoided it, but as I point out - times when he has not avoided it also. He picks his battles, as many do.

I don't think he actually pulled a gun on Lesnar, he just warned him that his behaviour might lead to people eventually pulling a gun on him. I could empathise with not going toe-to-toe with Brock though!

I take your point, and he has taken his bumps, to his credit, I just think that the more I listen to his promos on people he has had major beefs with, he doesn't come out of the situation looking great, and in a number of cases he comes out as at worse a coward, at best a fairly flawed businessman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭diusmr8a504cvk

I watched Joe vs Punk II for the first time this morning and it was great, very much deserving of a five star rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

WWE did an anti mastrubation campaign in the 80s, in their magazines. Classic lines such as "Dusty Rhodes says don't be silly, don't play with your willy" and for the ladies "Ms Elizabeth says, keep it clean, don't flick your bean"

https://franticplanet.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/wwf-magazines-anti-masturbation-psas/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

these photoshops are pretty funny! You could be fooled into thinking it's real until they mention **** and the crazy Warrior one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 39,918 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

15 years ago today this happened on raw. Stone cold took his ball and went home for a good few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

So Enzo tweeted this..

@TheNotoriousMMA , you talk s*** and Floyd is going to knock it out of you. And if he doesn’t, I will.

x8HywQ.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If he ever does come to WWE for an appearance they could do worse than put him against Enzo, not much worse but still

Nothing will ever be as random as the time Charlie Sheen was supposed to be involved with Daniel Bryan at a Summerslam years ago

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Enzo living the gimmick of talking smack he'll never be able to back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Angron wrote: »

That's what he has Big Cass for ;)

More of a random fact, but the controversial 'Oklahoma' character, a character who in part mocked J.R.'s Bell's Palsy, did not debut on WCW, but rather on Sunday Night Heat (albeit in a looser form), as part of an angle between Tiger Ali Singh and J.R.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xy3324_wwf-sunday-night-heat-03-14-1999_sport

(Go to 35 mins)

The way that Vince McMahon used to give the middle finger to Austin was hilarious. Normal style is more of a fist with the middle finger sticking up, but McMahon had his palm open, his index and ring fingers kind of scrunched up. Plus he had his teeth bared quite often in executing it. All-in-all, it looked like a dainty, yet hateful, way to execute that most crass of gestures. Don't know if this was a conscious decision, but either way it was gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,619 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Speaking of 'Oklahoma' Penelope Ann Miller's character (Fran Ferrara) in her guest appearance on Desperate Housewives was named after Ed Ferrara.

He also teaches "Creative Writing for Entertainment" in Full Sail University.

jaykhunter wrote: »
    these photoshops are pretty funny! You could be fooled into thinking it's real until they mention **** and the crazy Warrior one :o

Alternate Warrior one would have been,

"**** doesn't make the world work."

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Angron wrote: »

Maybe it's McGregor who's knocking him out backstage :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Angron wrote:

I don't know. He is so dangerous in the ring he can hurt anyone without meaning it, including himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

ERG89 wrote: »
    I don't know. He is so dangerous in the ring he can hurt anyone without meaning it, including himself.

You can slag Enzo all ye want, but hes being smart. If Conor bites back, and ever goes to WWE, Enzo could find himself involved in a big angle as a result.

I doubt Conor would respond but you cant blame a guy like Enzo for trying. Hes nothing to lose and everything to gain. Fair fcuks to the guy

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement