Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Speaking of "foreign objects", I wonder if anyone's ever tried to argue against a DQ by claiming their weapon was made in the same country the fight's taking place in? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

No closed fists I even hear Cole say that these days.

Yet the closed fist Superman punch is fine.

I'd love to see The Miz or some bring that up with whoever is the GM and try and get it banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,914 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I'm watching the network and I'm going through some cage matches and I know there have been a load of match types created over the years. Some of them good and some of them that probably looked good on paper then in actuality.

My point is as a match type the cage match is a simple but very effective match type. It's my favourite match type in wrestling.

So what are people's favourite match type ?

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    PTH2009 wrote: »
    Rey Mysterio back to WWE a good move or has his time past ???

He would fit into the cruiserweight division, he's still better than the current lucha type guys like Kalisto, Sin Cara and he will sell a lot of merch

If WWE decide too do a lucha tournament who could come in a commentary/mentor role

What's Rey like physically at this point in time ? Is he able to go ? I think I heard his knees are in bad shape. If he's in good shape and can still go then why not but if he's breaking down then no for.
    He has an uncanny ability to get on. Honestly, if he were in the WWE, he'd be having brilliant matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Any decent places to buy wrestling t-shirts online? I know pro wrestling tees is decent and used that once or twice. But wouldn't mind looking at different ones, don't wanna use wwe.com as I think that costs a fortune to get delivered to Ireland. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭511

Don't know where to post this, but Broken Skull Challenge is on Dave and Dave is now free-to-air.

Breezango are the greatest thing since sliced bread!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

I saw a clip of Mark Henry earlier and over the duration of his WWE career you'd have to say he was underused.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,359 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I saw a clip of Mark Henry earlier and over the duration of his WWE career you'd have to say he was underused.

How we agreed to do that hand thing with Mae Young is beyond me. It's still making a show of him up to this day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

PTH2009 wrote: »
    How we agreed to do that hand thing with Mae Young is beyond me. It's still making a show of him up to this day

I know! Especially if you think to his fake retirement speech and the hall of pain stuff he really was able to carry good segments and ideas

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Reganio 2 wrote: »
    Any decent places to buy wrestling t-shirts online? I know pro wrestling tees is decent and used that once or twice. But wouldn't mind looking at different ones, don't wanna use wwe.com as I think that costs a fortune to get delivered to Ireland. Cheers

Look out for sales on WWE sites if your interested in anything. The clearances can be good and they will often knock more off during a sale. Other sales on non clearance can save a lot on normal prices. Basically, only buy during sales or promotions as they have them so often.

The ripple junction tees are the best quality on euroshop imo, they are a nice fabric and comfy as they have some stretch in them. Normal WWE gear is an odd fabric (via euroshop) with no stretch so I have to go a size up on those.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭764dak

Many people make fun of Vince's love of big muscly guys but smaller guys who only won US, TV, and cruiserweight titles in WCW became world champions in WWE.

This would be my superstar shake up

To Raw
    Nakamura
    Randy Orton
    Becky Lynch
    Breezedango
    Mike and Maria Kanellis
    Alaister Black
    Ember Moon

To Smackdown
    Seth Rollins
    Big Cass
    Finn Balor
    Elias Samson
    The Rivival
    No Way Jose
    Asuka

To NXT
    Apollo Crews
    Kalisto
    R Truth
    Epico and Primo
    James Ellsworth
    Tamina

Is there another draft coming up we only had one a few weeks back?

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2017/7/27/16051890/wwe-superstar-shake-up-summerslam-2017

There's rumours of one taking place after Summerslam

Really hope there's not one as the card of the SD house show in Dublin in November looks good and includes Nakamura, Styles and KO. Be annoying if we miss on Nakamura cause he got traded to Raw

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Seen a clip on facebook of all the holy **** stunts that were performed, jesus christ I never realised the amount of stuff undertaker performed, same as edge, falling.off ladders going thru tables, edge into thumbtacks and fire! Unreal, kinda made me appreciate edge a bit more, when I watched him.previously I always felt meh, but ****ing hell, he is a bonafide legend. Never reached the superstardom he deserved, a step above everyones current status in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭A Rogue Hobo

764dak wrote:
    Many people make fun of Vince's love of big muscly guys but smaller guys who only won US, TV, and cruiserweight titles in WCW became world champions in WWE.

....but only after they all put on pounds of muscle in somewhat suspicious fashion. Rey, Benoit and Eddie alone, all got wayyyyyy bigger while in WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I wish we could get another work shoot storyline similar to Summer of Punk again. Even though CM Punk was poorly booked in that storyline, every week felt real whenever he was cutting a promo.

We did get that Ziggler/Miz feud last year were the lines were sort of blurred, but it only lasted for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Do yourselves a favour and have a read of all of Xavier Woods' tweets from the last five hours. If it's all true, it's one of the best stories I've ever read. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

martyos121 wrote: »
    Do yourselves a favour and have a read of all of Xavier Woods' tweets from the last five hours. If it's all true, it's one of the best stories I've ever read. :D

That was tremendous. I want to be his friend.

• Advertisement

If Roman had 1 ounce of Xavier's charisma, charm and likeability he would be the most over guy in the history of wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,914 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

martyos121 wrote: »

I was reading them and I was completely confused as to what the hell he was on about. What was he on about does anyone know ?

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I was reading them and I was completely confused as to what the hell he was on about. What was he on about does anyone know ?

Stuck in the airport waiting area as his fight was over booked and the airline wouldn't take off till 8 passengers agreed to come off the flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Lol, a soft-draft/Superstar Shake-up they called it! It's not like WWE to go half-hearted with this stuff, seems a bit hasty. Hopefully Miz can go back to Smackdown, bigger fish in a smaller pond.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Speaking of Woods, I am really enjoying his Youtube gaming show whenever he brings a new guest on the show. Where he talks about TV shows, video games, movies and music with his guests unlike wrestling podcasts.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

My 66 year old father asked me about Fergal Devitt tonight. He watched some doc about him on Irish Tv recently.

He loves moves such as a release German suplex or a brainbuster.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I just started watching Nitro on the WWE Network from the episode of the first Scott Hall appearance and I have to say hats off to the early days booking, it was a slow burner and it really felt like a mini invasion when Hall was slagging off wCw.

They managed to get 2 ppvs out of them before they even wrestled.

I prob asked this before but what tv station was WCW on over here???

• Registered Users Posts: 4,853 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

A few places had it. I was a real WCW mark in its heyday.

I remember watching the early 90s stuff on ITV. My granny used to tape them in the UK and post them over.

Then you had Nitro on TNT. We had TNT. It used to come on every night at about 8/9 after the Cartoon Network.

In WCW drizzling s*its days. Channel Five (or maybe channel four?) used to show it at weekend around tea time. At one stage it had uber cringey 60's batman-esque BAMS!!!! POWS!!!! And ZONKS!!!! Come on the screen when somebody was smacked with a chair or the like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

I have been watching WCW from the first episode of Nitro over the last few months, just over a year in to it and it is very obvious that they didnt know what to do with the NWO. It makes it very annoying because there are so many ways they could have gone with it. Probably the biggest missed opportunity in wrestling history, I really think someone with a better mind for the business could have killed off WWE with the right NWO angle. Bischoff knew how to spark peoples interest, but didnt know how to keep it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement