Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The endless adding of members to the group became very tiresome and too many midcarders fluffers ruined the mystic of the NWO.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,359 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Loughc wrote: »
    The endless adding of members to the group became very tiresome and too many midcarders fluffers ruined the mystic of the NWO.

Yeah and we had all the breakaway NWO factions. Just as bad as the WWE NWO but was so cool to see the 3 legends back in WWE

Still have nightmares about Shawn Michaels been a member for a while lol. Terrible

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Loughc wrote: »

Any group that would include Virgil was doomed to fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

PTH2009 wrote: »

Still have nightmares about Shawn Michaels been a member for a while lol. Terrible

I would've loved if Shawn, Nash, Hall and X-Pac could've got Triple H on board. He was injured at the time I think. I know Scott was having problems too but imagine the 5 of them together in a true Kliq stable. Boot out Show Anne Booker like they did and just have the original hell raisers. Elements of DX and nWo together and a legit backstage crew that were poisonous f*cks it also talented. I think it could've been good.

Id put Corbin and Big Cass together and maybe pay homage to t&a and put in Carmella as the Trish of the group

Big Cass= the late great Test
    Corbin= a smaller version of Albert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

In hindsight its a wonder that Shawn wasnt the third man in NWO. With his supposed pissy/princess attitude at the time, you would have thought that Hall & Nash could convince him to jump ship. Loads of money and would always get his way without having to fake an injury or lose his smile to avoid doing a job.

In hindsight its a wonder that Shawn wasnt the third man in NWO. With his supposed pissy/princess attitude at the time, you would have thought that Hall & Nash could convince him to jump ship. Loads of money and would always get his way without having to fake an injury or lose his smile to avoid doing a job.

Michaels jumping ship too WCW could of changed the whole Monday night war. There would of possibly been no DX and elements of the attitude era

WCW killed themselves really giving some superstars creative control, stupid ideas like the Kiss Demon, even though he had massive success in the WWF hiring Vince Russo was a bit of a bad idea. One thing I liked about the late 90's WCW was the movie Ready to Rumble but then they decided too give an Actor the world title (seriously who thought it would be a good idea ???) And they made a bolexe of it all.

The 11 year old me didn't have a clue what was happening when clips of Nitro suddenly appeared on an episode of Raw in 2001 (the one when they said Shane bought WCW, how did it come about was it keyfabe Shane struck a deal behind Vinces back and bought the company ???) Remember for a few weeks when the last hour of Raw featured WCW matches/commentators/graphics etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Shawn tried to quit WWE on a weekly basis in 96/early 97 as he was miserable without Nash and Hall and then Waltman when he was gone. But Shawn was the one guy that Vince would never let go and to be fair Vince was proven right to never let him go. Shawn had his issues but if he was gone from WWF in 96/97 its very possible we all have the WCW Network now

DX is 20 years old today

Feel old yet ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

DX is 20 years old today

Feel old yet ðŸ˜
    Not as old and tired as they were when they brought that back for the umpteenth time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,913 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

LeeJM wrote: »
    Shawn tried to quit WWE on a weekly basis in 96/early 97 as he was miserable without Nash and Hall and then Waltman when he was gone. But Shawn was the one guy that Vince would never let go and to be fair Vince was proven right to never let him go. Shawn had his issues but if he was gone from WWF in 96/97 its very possible we all have the WCW Network now

Shawn was blessed that he never went to WCW and stayed in WWF as if he had went to WCW with the issues he had he wouldn't have had the back injury and would have stayed on the road and would have kept going down and god knows how that would have turned out. He had Vince looking out for him in WWF as hard as it probably was at times for Vince, he stuck by shawn.

IMO if the WWE hadn't done the network WCW certainly wouldn't .

Michaels jumping ship too WCW could of changed the whole Monday night war. There would of possibly been no DX and elements of the attitude era

WCW killed themselves really giving some superstars creative control, stupid ideas like the Kiss Demon, even though he had massive success in the WWF hiring Vince Russo was a bit of a bad idea. One thing I liked about the late 90's WCW was the movie Ready to Rumble but then they decided too give an Actor the world title (seriously who thought it would be a good idea ???) And they made a bolexe of it all.

The 11 year old me didn't have a clue what was happening when clips of Nitro suddenly appeared on an episode of Raw in 2001 (the one when they said Shane bought WCW, how did it come about was it keyfabe Shane struck a deal behind Vinces back and bought the company ???) Remember for a few weeks when the last hour of Raw featured WCW matches/commentators/graphics etc.

I think it was for one week and it was booker T against someone and they got the WCW announce team(well some class of WCW announce team) out there and even watching it back on the network doesn't help it. Was it in Tacoma, Washington ?

This is a question more than a thought.

Why is Joey Ryan relevant in the world of professional wrestling ? His main thing is flipping people with his dick. Have I missed something or is that it ?

He must be a genius or into some kind of mind control as he convinced mick foley to do that stupid spot and mick is a multiple time world champion and hall of famer. To quote the great relevant Jim cornette WTF ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Cornettes rant about foley and joey ryans dick spot was a great listen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Frank O. Pinion

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    This is a question more than a thought.

Why is Joey Ryan relevant in the world of professional wrestling ? His main thing is flipping people with his dick. Have I missed something or is that it ?

He must be a genius or into some kind of mind control as he convinced mick foley to do that stupid spot and mick is a multiple time world champion and hall of famer. To quote the great relevant Jim cornette WTF ?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V6LSo4BHoYg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Joey Ryan is a novelty act. Nothing wrong with it.

in other random wrestling stuff, The Brahma Bull is no more...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXqJMxXFsui/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,932 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

RIP in 24-inch pythons. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I think Joey Ryan is a disgrace to the profession and should be avoided like the plague by wrestlers who have respect for the business. It astonishes me that people defend his spot and to those that do, I would like to know would they defend a woman wrestler having a move where she shoved her vagina in a wrestler's face? Would that be acceptable because it got a pop from fans - which of course it would get given the majority male make-up of crowds. Or how about a move where a wrestler defecates on his opponent - would that be cool providing it got a reaction?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think Joey Ryan is a disgrace to the profession and should be avoided like the plague by wrestlers who have respect for the business. It astonishes me that people defend his spot and to those that do, I would like to know would they defend a woman wrestler having a move where she shoved her vagina in a wrestler's face? Would that be acceptable because it got a pop from fans - which of course it would get given the majority male make-up of crowds. Or how about a move where a wrestler defecates on his opponent - would that be cool providing it got a reaction?

The Bronco Buster to pooping on someone is a big leap.

J. Marston wrote: »
    The Bronco Buster to pooping on someone is a big leap.

What sort of bronco buster was that?

• Advertisement

Jesus I thought Hulk Hogan died for a min there

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Jesus I thought Hulk Hogan died for a min there

How in blazes did Hogan come to mind?

Also, The Rock's new tattoo is sweet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Eh Rikishi shoving his sometimes sh*te stained arse in guys faces was one of the most popular moves of the early 00s.

Joey Ryan while not a favourite of mine absolutely has a place in wrestling. You know why? Because promoters are willing to pay him to be on their shows! You as a serious wrestling fan may get embarrassed by his stuff but you can always just ignore it. Any wrestler who can garner as much publicity as Joey can without destroying their body is much smarter than somebody going out and doing 630 splashes and top rope piledrivers.

And what people seem to be missing in all of this hoopla about Joey Ryan and Foley doing a bump over his dick thing is that Joey wasnt even the most over guy in that match! Go watch that match and tell me who the star of that show was because it certainly wasnt Joey Ryan.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Eh Rikishi shoving his sometimes sh*te stained arse in guys faces was one of the most popular moves of the early 00s.

Joey Ryan while not a favourite of mine absolutely has a place in wrestling. You know why? Because promoters are willing to pay him to be on their shows! You as a serious wrestling fan may get embarrassed by his stuff but you can always just ignore it. Any wrestler who can garner as much publicity as Joey can without destroying their body is much smarter than somebody going out and doing 630 splashes and top rope piledrivers.

And what people seem to be missing in all of this hoopla about Joey Ryan and Foley doing a bump over his dick thing is that Joey wasnt even the most over guy in that match! Go watch that match and tell me who the star of that show was because it certainly wasnt Joey Ryan.

Are we really comparing a bum in the face spot, to a guy flipping people with his genitals? A fat guy's bum in the face spot is at least plausible, whereas bumping for a penis is ridiculously, utterly stupid. As dumb as an invisible hand grenade spot.

A promoter low enough to pay this clown to be on a show isn't an argument for this guy having a place in wrestling. You say just ignore it but Brian Last made a good point in the Cornette rant that this is the type of thing that drives people away and gives wrestling a bad name. That dumb spot was featured on an episode of Have I Got News For You in the UK and exposed millions of viewers to a view of wrestling that it is juvenile level trash. It's the sort of pathetic, garbage nonsense that makes people embarrassed to admit they like wrestling in their workplace or hanging out with friends, as opposed to saying they like soccer, or UFC.

Mick Foley is a legend and one of my favourites, but he degraded himself in my eyes by involving himself in that circus act spot with that talent vacuum.

It's backyard-level bullsh*t and I would ask any fan who finds a way to defend this to please step back and take stock for a second if this is the sort of image they want for wrestling.

I ask again where is the line as far as going too far goes? Is it now okay for a female wrestler to have a spot where she uses her vagina in a similar fashion? Can we justify taking a dump in the ring if it gets a reaction? How about a golden shower spot in a match? Wow the fans really popped for the babyface in peril there! And you could really smell the stench in the first few rows!

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    How in blazes did Hogan come to mind?

I thought he used to always go on about his 24 inch pythons

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Are we really comparing a bum in the face spot, to a guy flipping people with his genitals? A fat guy's bum in the face spot is at least plausible, whereas bumping for a penis is ridiculously, utterly stupid. As dumb as an invisible hand grenade spot.

A promoter low enough to pay this clown to be on a show isn't an argument for this guy having a place in wrestling. You say just ignore it but Brian Last made a good point in the Cornette rant that this is the type of thing that drives people away and gives wrestling a bad name. That dumb spot was featured on an episode of Have I Got News For You in the UK and exposed millions of viewers to a view of wrestling that it is juvenile level trash. It's the sort of pathetic, garbage nonsense that makes people embarrassed to admit they like wrestling in their workplace or hanging out with friends, as opposed to saying they like soccer, or UFC.

Mick Foley is a legend and one of my favourites, but he degraded himself in my eyes by involving himself in that circus act spot with that talent vacuum.

It's backyard-level bullsh*t and I would ask any fan who finds a way to defend this to please step back and take stock for a second if this is the sort of image they want for wrestling.

I ask again where is the line as far as going too far goes? Is it now okay for a female wrestler to have a spot where she uses her vagina in a similar fashion? Can we justify taking a dump in the ring if it gets a reaction? How about a golden shower spot in a match? Wow the fans really popped for the babyface in peril there! And you could really smell the stench in the first few rows!

Mate, wrestling is a f*cking laugh and a bit of craic at the best of times. Calm your jocks. Seriously.

And btw, Foley himself used a bloody manky sweat sock he took out of his pants as a weapon. It's grand.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Mate, wrestling is a f*cking laugh and a bit of craic at the best of times. Calm your jocks. Seriously.

And btw, Foley himself used a bloody manky sweat sock he took out of his pants as a weapon. It's grand.

Sorry, I disagree. I feel strongly about this because it makes a mockery of something I enjoy and it gives ammunition to those who think wrestling fans are absolute eejits for being interested in it.

Again, for the third time I ask, where do you draw the line on what you put up with?

I don't think Foley's Mandible Claw is in the same ball park to what Ryan does.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Well Joey Ryan's dick spot is certainly getting quiet the heated response here.

I dont knw who Joey Ryan is

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Well Joey Ryan's dick spot is certainly getting quiet the heated response here.
    Isn't it obvious why ? It's because Joey things bumping people with his dick and throwing women by their boobs is funny. It isn't funny in the slightest.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement