Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Even more crazy is that at first he looked like a guy who wasn't going to amount to much. Just a jobber for the group who would probably be released eventually, and would have an insignificant career. But now I think Slater is one of the most underrated wrestlers in the company. He still is essentially a jobber, but he's embraced it and managed to turn it around in his favor. Loved his work with the returning legends a few years ago, and his work last year was really good too.

He's the kind of guy WWE always need around and is the next line of jobbers after local wrestler, it's good to see guys like him and Curt Hawkins embracing their roles even if it's at the bottom of the rung

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I watched nxt takeover from last night earlier. And my thought is how the hell did Percy Watson become a commentator ? I've heard him before but whats the point of him ? He's poor enough and he barely says anything and Nigel and Mauro are fine on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    I watched nxt takeover from last night earlier. And my thought is how the hell did Percy Watson become a commentator ? I've heard him before but whats the point of him ? He's poor enough and he barely says anything and Nigel and Mauro are fine on their own.

Do WWE have to have 1 black guy on each team now or something? Percy, Saxton and Booker T/Otunga are on each commentary team and none of them bring anything to the role

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Do WWE have to have 1 black guy on each team now or something? Percy, Saxton and Booker T/Otunga are on each commentary team and none of them bring anything to the role

Wow dear pal Booker is awesome shucky ducky quack quack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

WWE should do a southpaw regional wrestling live event or something live with it for the craic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

WWE should do a southpaw regional wrestling live event or something live with it for the craic!

No way it would happen, the amount of times they corpse in the videos, no chance they could do it live

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I don't think anyone would take it seriously though. Just fun for both the wrestlers and the audience

After an nxt taping that crowd would eat it up

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

definitely, a 1-hour special would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Well this year is the 30th anniversary of Lethal Leap Year

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

It's time to unleash...

The Sea Creature!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

With Cornette, Dutch & Brother Love at GFW it could well turn into the real Southpaw Regional Wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Step 1 - Watch the video.
    Step 2 - Try not to cry.
    Step 3 - Cry a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭briany

I love the TV presentation of Hulk Hogan's old WWE entrance. Specifically how the camera raced down to the entrance curtain, just to have Hogan burst out when it was a few metres short.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

briany wrote: »
    I love the TV presentation of Hulk Hogan's old WWE entrance. Specifically how the camera raced down to the entrance curtain, just to have Hogan burst out when it was a few metres short.

Ah they dont do roadie runs like that anymore....sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder what kind of buyrates/money PPV's would get these days compared to the money the WWE are making from the Network.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I wonder what kind of buyrates/money PPV's would get these days compared to the money the WWE are making from the Network.

Apples and oranges, it's a different model today. They likely wouldn't have a draft split, NXT, the WWEUK division (or whatever it is now), the Mae Young Classic etc if it wasn't for the Network. And, to their credit, if you look at how big NJPW and the indies are getting now...imagine if they didn't have this need for content and, thus, talent: there's a very good chance that bonafide competition would've formulated. So it kinda validates their move to create the Network, in doing so they've snapped up 90% of the talent who could've challenged them and they pretty much own the BritWres Revolution through the WWEUK thing without having to actually invest in it. Their product may be lacking at times, but they're on a different level to anyone else when it comes to controlling the business side of the industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was curious what the story was with Pete Dunne and the UK Championship. So looked it up and looks like he hasn't defended the title on tv since May. What's the point of the title if it's only going to be defended at house shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Said it at the time and I'll say it again: it's a control mechanism for them to take over the BritWres scene just as it was ready to pop. That much was clear as soon as I heard the contracts were per appearance (so they don't have to pay lads unless they use them, but the lads still have to run all bookings by them and adhere to their rules). They've likely no interest in running a UK deal and wouldn't have unless the initial tournament did crazy numbers on the Network, so they'll just use 1-2 guys with any kind of regularity, then use the contracts to smother the scene until it's back where they want it. It's what WWE always do when there's any kind of indie surge anywhere. It doesn't mean the talent were wrong to sign, they were taking their opportunity like anyone would've, but it is what it is.

I really think they should use the UK Championship as a second tier title in NXT if they're not gonna to do a UK show. Imagine the likes of Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch going for it against Pete Dunne. Make it a hard hitting type of scene perhaps. Add in some other UK guys like Trent Seven, Tyler Bate and Mark Andrews and you're laughing. Could possibly have Velveteen Dream and a revitalised Buddy Murphy around too.

• Advertisement

mauro called it NXT uk championship this week on nxt from what ive read on twitter so its either a mistake or there going that direction

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Omackeral wrote: »
    I really think they should use the UK Championship as a second tier title in NXT if they're not gonna to do a UK show. Imagine the likes of Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch going for it against Pete Dunne. Make it a hard hitting type of scene perhaps. Add in some other UK guys like Trent Seven, Tyler Bate and Mark Andrews and you're laughing. Could possibly have Velveteen Dream and a revitalised Buddy Murphy around too.

true if non americans can be US Champion than non brits can be UK Champion. Quite like some of the UK talent in NXT now

What does the intercon title actually represent ??.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    true if non americans can be US Champion than non brits can be UK Champion. Quite like some of the UK talent in NXT now

Continents outside North America as far as I know.

True. Like there were 27 WWE European Champions, only two of them were from Europe. And that's not including D'Lo Brown when he hailed from Helsinki, Lisbon and Oslo every other week.

In kayfabe it was a merging of the north and South American championships in that legendary tournament in Rio in 1979.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

It would just be a mid card title so surely the best way to introduce it is to make it seem like a big deal at first by having guys like Ohno and Itami go for it at first and slowly move down the caliber of challengers/champions. I dont think people care about the name of the title and just accept its place on the card.

Speaking of the intercontentental title, I do like how they have kept the classic title design which I think is gorgeous. It stands out as it's completely different to any title in WWE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

sky88 wrote: »
    mauro called it NXT uk championship this week on nxt from what ive read on twitter so its either a mistake or there going that direction
    Was just a mistake, the ring announcer and other commentators still called it the WWE UK Championship

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I would like to see Kings of Wrestling reform in WWE. Ohno is really doing nothing on NXT since his return and would be a way to break up Sheamus/Cesaro.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I would like to see Kings of Wrestling reform in WWE. Ohno is really doing nothing on NXT since his return and would be a way to break up Sheamus/Cesaro.

And why would you want to break up Sheamus & Cesaro? They are perfect in the spot they are in and are one of the best things on Raw. They have actually been one of the proper success stories so far of the brand split.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement