Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Just seen the Blade Runner trailer. Batista doing seriously well for himself in Hollywood. GotG, Spectre, Blade Runner and Infinity War.

Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

LeeJM wrote: »
    And why would you want to break up Sheamus & Cesaro? They are perfect in the spot they are in and are one of the best things on Raw. They have actually been one of the proper success stories so far of the brand split.

In time, maybe 6-12 months from now it would be a great idea

Have Sheamus leave Cesaro, and have him team up with some heel as his new partner and Cesaro has to look for a new partner and it's Ohno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

In time, maybe 6-12 months from now it would be a great idea

Have Sheamus leave Cesaro, and have him team up with some heel as his new partner and Cesaro has to look for a new partner and it's Ohno

Kassius Ohno wont be in WWE in 12 months time. Chris Hero will be back ripping things up on the indies by next summer

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Kassius Ohno wont be in WWE in 12 months time. Chris Hero will be back ripping things up on the indies by next summer

I wonder if he's been more of a coach as I can't see him agreeing to come back if there wasn't good storyline in plans but of course it could be the old plans change.

You could well be right but he's someone with a small bit of name value thats handy to have around the NXT roster so I couldn't see him leaving that quickly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

sky88 wrote: »
    I wonder if he's been more of a coach as I can't see him agreeing to come back if there wasn't good storyline in plans but of course it could be the old plans change.

Wrestlers don't really value things based on storylines, I highly doubt that kinda stuff would've even been pitched to Hero and he likely wouldn't have asked. Maybe there'd be some scope into how WWE/NXT would've used him, but mainly they're looking at a regular paycheque and some potential long-term stability (so stuff like coaching, as you said) when they're considering signing for WWE. Someone going in looking for particular storylines would likely get written off as a mark and not signed, unless it's say Goldberg working with Lesnar and they have some leverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

And why would you want to break up Sheamus & Cesaro? They are perfect in the spot they are in and are one of the best things on Raw. They have actually been one of the proper success stories so far of the brand split.

To be fair, I never suggested that were a bad tag team. Kings of Wrestling were one of the best tag teams around 7 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

May have potentially started a sh*tstorm over on AH. Pro Wrestling was getting dumped on in the Mc Gregor v Mayweather thread. Time to defend wrestling :p

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057780760/1/#post104512617

You've opened the door to a bad world and you're on your own :pac:

If any of them doubt it's real just show them this

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Oh god Ospreay Ricochet is the most divisive thing you can get. Even more than Joey Ryan's willy!

• Advertisement

If they find out about Joey Ryan's willy then it'll really emphasise the thinking that we only watch wrestling for oiled up muscely guys because we're in the closet

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Joey Ryan's knob gymnastics >>> That Ricochet/Ospreay bullshít.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Russo's fumble here at 1:32 had me in tears laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Have they changed Cesaro from the Swiss Superman to the Swiss Cyborg because Roman uses the Superman punch?

AJ uses the Pele kick but Finn uses the overhead kick what's up with that.

Damm I loved The Hurricane and Rock skits.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I was always shocked Rock took the pinfall loss to Hurricane. Seemed mad to me at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I wish WWE would bring back gimmicky stages for PPVs. I was watching Summerslam 2007 a few weeks ago and they put soo much effort into that stage (compared to the match card :pac: ).

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

So Is everyone looking forward to the inevitable in ring return of Kurt Angle ???

I am looking forward to it but it needs to be against the right opponent/ opponents. I'd be paranoid if his first match back against Seth Rollins as we all saw what happend with Sting. Obvs Angle will not be as good in 2017 as he was in the late 90's/ 00's but hopefully he don't embarrass himself

I reckon we might see angle back in the ring Rumble time or even as fair as Mania. Survivor series may be too soon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Not a chance will he embarrass himself. He was active in ring right up until he returned to WWE. And you can guarantee he's keeping in shape.

Check out his matches with Cody Rhodes on the indies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Have I missed something as to why he'd be cleared to wrestle now? Last reports I read said he wasn't cleared for any physical segments let alone a match.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I reckon we might see angle back in the ring Rumble time or even as fair as Mania. Survivor series may be too soon

I normally like to keep the big matches until Mania, but I think putting Angle onto Survivor Series for his comeback 1v1 match would really boost interest in the event itself and he can be given the proper attention

If his match is to be at Mania he'll be fighting for time against the 2 title matches and the HHH match among possible others, he'll be the 4th match at the very best probably even lower and it could get lost in the shuffle of Mania

• Advertisement

I normally like to keep the big matches until Mania, but I think putting Angle onto Survivor Series for his comeback 1v1 match would really boost interest in the event itself and he can be given the proper attention

If his match is to be at Mania he'll be fighting for time against the 2 title matches and the HHH match among possible others, he'll be the 4th match at the very best probably even lower and it could get lost in the shuffle of Mania

He will potentially be in the Triple H match at mania

Laughable that triple hs ego is so out of control he puts himself in a mania main event every year but in fairness he has earned it with what he done and is doing with NXT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Laughable that triple hs ego is so out of control he puts himself in a mania main event every year but in fairness he has earned it with what he done and is doing with NXT

Either its laughable or he has earned it, it cant be both!

Anyway the logical thing is a match with Jason Jordan who SWERVE isnt really his son. But WWE would be idiots to put Angle in a match while Daniel Bryan is still under contract. Angles body is a mess and he has had substance abuse issues stemming from being a wrestler while DB has been cleared by all except one person, Doctor Moron (I know thats not his name).

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm really not bothered about seeing Angle wrestle again tbh. I was looking forward to it so much until he showed up as GM, but there's no point to him having a match now, the shine has gone off him. I'm sure he can still go but there's too many superior wrestlers on the roster who can do much more with a 20 minute match than he can.

Also his mic work is currently the worst of anyone in the business, he slurs nearly every second word and couldn't be less convincing at portraying any sort of emotion at all. He's got nothing to offer at all anymore, and I say that as a huge fan of him (up until he returned to WWE anyway).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Triple H has been in the main event of two of the last 9 Wrestlemanias - 2009 and 2016.

His work with NXT certainly does not entitle him to a WM main event.

I would like to Angle in a big match but against Triple H is no buys from me. Lesnar, Joe, Cena maybe but I've little interest in a Triple H match. Maybe they could pull off a really good match

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The best thing the WWE can do with/for Angle is keep him under contract and never let him wrestle again.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

oneilla wrote: »
    Triple H has been in two of the last 9 Wrestlemanias - 2009 and 2016.

Maybe I've missed something here but just off the top of my head...

He faced The Undertaker, Daniel Bryan, Sting, Rollins and Roman Reigns at Mania during those years.

The only two names I've seen rumored for Angle are Jason Jordan & HHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

The idea of Kurt Angle feuding with Jason Jordan would be seriously disappointing. I know they have it now that they're father and son, but the idea of Angle giving Jordan the rub turns me off the idea. I'm just not convinced Jason Jordan is a main eventer, or at least right now I think him he is not ready for the main event. I think Angle giving Jordan the rub would be a total waste as having Jordan go over Angle would be crap. Alternatively Angle could go over Jordan, but it would be a small win and a waste of time too.

I guess Triple H wouldn't be so bad, but I feel like Angle could wrestle someone on the current roster who is popular with the fans and someone that people can get behind in a feud with Angle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Riddle101 wrote: »
    The idea of Kurt Angle feuding with Jason Jordan would be seriously disappointing. I know they have it now that they're father and son, but the idea of Angle giving Jordan the rub turns me off the idea. I'm just not convinced Jason Jordan is a main eventer, or at least right now I think him he is not ready for the main event. I think Angle giving Jordan the rub would be a total waste as having Jordan go over Angle would be crap. Alternatively Angle could go over Jordan, but it would be a small win and a waste of time too.

I guess Triple H wouldn't be so bad, but I feel like Angle could wrestle someone on the current roster who is popular with the fans and someone that people can get behind in a feud with Angle.

If angle fights hhh at WrestleMania it will be a loss, no way will hhh want to lose 3 wm in a row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Maybe I've missed something here but just off the top of my head...

He faced The Undertaker, Daniel Bryan, Sting, Rollins and Roman Reigns at Mania during those years.

The post I replied to mentioned main events. I forgot to add that bit to my post but have edited it now

• Advertisement

Reckon triple h will wrestle at a few more manias . He will be 48 years old going into mania 34 but keeps himself in terrific shape. Sure Vince McMahon was still competing in the ring in his 60s ???

We could see one of Triples Hs controlling the women's divsion in the next 12-15 years. Maybe one of shanes sons will also be a top player in WWE in a few years

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement