Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Reckon triple h will wrestle at a few more manias . He will be 48 years old going into mania 34 but keeps himself in terrific shape. Sure Vince McMahon was still competing in the ring in his 60s ???

We could see one of Triples Hs controlling the women's divsion in the next 12-15 years. Maybe one of shanes sons will also be a top player in WWE in a few years

Comparing HHH to Vince here makes absolutely no sense. Vince was not an in ring competitor. He hasn't the miles on his body that Hunter has.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

https://www.instagram.com/blessing_awodibu/

This guy is an Irish based Bodybuiler and is massive. I'd say he would be Vince McMahons wet dream but I wonder would himself and other bodybuilders make it WWE or is wrestling a lot more than just size nowadays ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

We have not seen much of Mike and Maria on Smackdown. It is because they already have heel couple with Carmella and Ellsworth or Mike was really bought in to be an enhancement talent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Mike is recovering from substance abuse issues. Two months clean today I think he said on social media. May be that they're keeping them off TV to help him get better.

Alright, I didn't know till now since I don't follow dirtsheets religiously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Alright, I didn't know till now since I don't follow dirtsheets religiously.

You asked a question and got it answered, why so defensive jeez?! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

Really hope Mike gets used well on Smackdown, I wasnt a fan in TNA and when he debuted in WWE and I saw that they were calling him Kanellis, I thought what a pussy for letting creative talk him in to that. Then I realised that that is the reaction they would want and I was sold. I cant see it being a gimmick that makes it to the main event but it could be a solid mid card gimmick, plus Maria is an excellent heel as well as being easy to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I love this theme song. I mean you have to imagine vince nearly having a banger and screaming the roooooyyyalllll ruuuuuummmbllllleeee!!!! but I miss these themes.

I'm loving a few of the recent NXT themes (Spotify is great). Alaister Black and Pete Dunnes themes being highlights

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So how do you think Asuka should be handled on the main roster and how should she be handled?

NXT had the advantage of talent being occassionally updated so she would have different opponents, while Raw has amuch smaller pool. And then with how NXT worked, she wouldn't be on every week and wouldn't be fighting every time she is so she didn;t go through everyone too quickly.

• Advertisement

Don't have her be defeated until Mania 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So how do you think Asuka should be handled on the main roster and how should she be handled?

NXT had the advantage of talent being occassionally updated so she would have different opponents, while Raw has amuch smaller pool. And then with how NXT worked, she wouldn't be on every week and wouldn't be fighting every time she is so she didn;t go through everyone too quickly.

Ideally she would be kept undefeated at least until Mania but I really don't see that happening.

The small talent pool you mention is going to be a problem because there's only so many times you can beat up Alicia Fox and Dana Brooke before you have to turn to the bigger names like Sasha and Nia. If they were using the jobbers like they were last year you could stretch things out, but they seem to be moving away from that now.

I think realistically Asuka will be in the title picture before the end of the year and while she may get the title, I'm not so sure she will keep it. I think it's pretty obvious they are very high on Alexa Bliss right now and I find it hard to believe they are going to give Asuka that spotlight at Alexa's expense. If I had to bet I would tip Alexa to break Asuka's undefeated record as their mentality will be, "beating Asuka will help get Alexa over as a heel."

Going through 98 WCW on the network. I know some of the guys are over the hill a bit and some are still on the undercard but the WCW roster in 98 is insane.

Just off the top of my head:

Hogan... Savage... Flair... Sting... Bret... Piper... Goldberg... Warrior (for a short run)... Nash... Hall... Luger... Booker T... S. Steiner... R. Steiner... Jericho... Eddie... Rey... DDP... Raven... Benoit... Giant... Bulldog... Brian Adams... Neidhart... Perfect... Malenko... Saturn... Konnan... Bossman... Finlay... Regal... Ultimo Dragon... Psychosis... La Parka...

I remember reading that Bischoff wanted a roster spilt when Thunder launched and I think I have to agree looking at the roster at the time!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Early 2000's Kane was so good. A proper monster...

https://streamable.com/kkjb2

His one-handed sky-high chokeslams were brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,409 ✭✭✭Riddle101

J. Marston wrote: »
    Early 2000's Kane was so good. A proper monster...

https://streamable.com/kkjb2

His one-handed sky-high chokeslams were brilliant.

Kane was always a favorite of mine back then. Everything about him was cool to me. His height and size, his wrestling attire and mask, his entrance. He really left an impression on me as a kid. Once he took off the mask he started to going downhill, and now all I can do is look back at happier times. Of course it wasn't just the mask that started his decline I think. His booking sucked and he got put in a lot of crap storylines over the years.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Kane was always a favorite of mine back then. Everything about him was cool to me. His height and size, his wrestling attire and mask, his entrance. He really left an impression on me as a kid. Once he took off the mask he started to going downhill, and now all I can do is look back at happier times. Of course it wasn't just the mask that started his decline I think. His booking sucked and he got put in a lot of crap storylines over the years.

he had a few good days post mask but everything about him kind of went sideways, he lost a bit of muscle, started getting put into corny and stupid storylines (coporate kane, the rape angle with Lita etc) and in general just became meh. I reckon hes as good as retired now as he just disapeared from TV a few months and no mention of him since.

the voice box version of Kane was unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Trying to watch heels heel and give heel promos when they are wearing those connor's cure badges really kills any heat they are trying to build for me.

Trying to watch heels heel and give heel promos when they are wearing those connor's cure badges really kills any heat they are trying to build for me.

Even dickheads hate cancer like.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Reminds of the time they booked Joker as a patriot first, heel second :pac:

XLOjSfO.jpg

I really wish Heath Slator got past lower card status, he always seems to shine with whatever storyline or angle that they have given him in the past.

I'm pretty sure he could do a better job of Dolph Ziggler's current gimmick than Ziggler himself.

It must felt like an honour to him that he got to work with a couple of legends leading up to RAW 1000 a few years ago as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Got a great laugh seeing this incredible bump, hope you do too

https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/910523196096618497

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Was there ever a Nazi gimmick? I don't remember one, we've had communists, arabs, so many evil foreigners, but ever a nazi?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember hearing that a defrosted Nazi super-soldier was the original idea for Heidenreich, but I don't think there's been an actual gimmick for it in a major promotion.

TNA have hired actual Nazis though, who showed up in SS shirts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Angron wrote: »
    I remember hearing that a defrosted Nazi super-soldier was the original idea for Heidenreich, but I don't think there's been an actual gimmick for it in a major promotion.

TNA have hired actual Nazis though, who showed up in SS shirts.

Total Nazi Action?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Total Nazi Action?
    CgW9y4JWQAA1MHM.jpg

They also have SS tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Angron wrote:

I think i remember reading they wanted Heyman to manage him.....dark on more than one level.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Was there ever a Nazi gimmick? I don't remember one, we've had communists, arabs, so many evil foreigners, but ever a nazi?

Is the KKK vs Virgil tasteless enough for ya?

thug-nwc-entrance_nxlzsu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Is the KKK vs Virgil tasteless enough for ya?

thug-nwc-entrance_nxlzsu.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,998 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

THAT'S KILLER SPELT BACKWARDS!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Fritz Von Erich was an evil Nazi before he settled in Texas and became the promoter and father of those loveable all American Von Erich boys. Baron Von Rascke also played the Nazi role in AWA for a long time

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement