Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Random Wrasslin' thoughts.....

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,356 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

If he went off to NJPW or ROH and gave 5 star matches would wwe come back to him with there tails between there legs and ask him too come back as a in ring competitor???

Wwe are afraid too take the risk as they fear a Benoit type incident from him but there's prob a 95% chance of they happening and he is eager for an in ring return

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If he went off to NJPW or ROH and gave 5 star matches would wwe come back to him with there tails between there legs and ask him too come back as a in ring competitor???

Wwe are afraid too take the risk as they fear a Benoit type incident from him but there's prob a 95% chance of they happening and he is eager for an in ring return

What

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Here's a random one, pick a team of 3 PW Boardsies who'd be great at debating wrestling.

Personally, I'd go with Monokne, Mr. Nice Guy & Leggo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

If there was a 95% chance of him murdering his wife and child, I doubt they'd have them doing cute activities together on Total Divas every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    Here's a random one, pick a team of 3 PW Boardsies who'd be great at debating wrestling.

Personally, I'd go with Monokne, Mr. Nice Guy & Leggo.

They should've joined Around The Horn so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Omackeral wrote: »
    They should've joined Around The Horn so!

I absolutely will one day, it's just a time thing. If I do it, I'll want to commit to it and my 'free time to do wrestling fan stuff' is already maxed out, so when things free up on that end, I'm all in if/when possible. I love debating on here, give me here over Twitter any day, but also being able to opt in and out is handy too when time doesn't allow me to just be a fan and chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭briany

Is anyone here watching Ten Pounds of Gold, the documentary series on the NWA title, its current holder, Tim Storm, and his rival for the belt, Nick Aldis? Pretty well put together, puts across both wrestlers well, and, dare I say, has me invested on what might happen on Nov. 12 when they face off.

If this is the direction Corgan is going with in his stewardship of the NWA, then I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

briany wrote: »
    Is anyone here watching Ten Pounds of Gold, the documentary series on the NWA title, its current holder, Tim Storm, and his rival for the belt, Nick Aldis? Pretty well put together, puts across both wrestlers well, and, dare I say, has me invested on what might happen on Nov. 12 when they face off.

If this is the direction Corgan is going with in his stewardship of the NWA, then I like it.

I watched one video, have no idea who Tim Storm is but like you it has grabbed my attention. From the video I watched, the title already has more prestige in my eyes than the Global Title on Impact.

Did anyone buy one of those wwe title watches they were seeing on wwe shop a while ago ??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Did anyone buy one of those wwe title watches they were seeing on wwe shop a while ago ??

Yep wear it most days now, grand for day to day wear for me but would look a bit out of place in any sort of professional setting. It's alright quality for the price too imo.

SD spoiler
    Glad someone I like is now the champion for it too :pac:

• Advertisement

About too watch the new ESPN doc on Ric Flair

Looks good

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

When I woke up the other day, I had notifications on the twitter app about people posting "#NatureBoy", I got worried he'd died. Turns out it was just over the "30 for 30" thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,171 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Randy Orton is the drizzling shíts, isn't he?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

J. Marston wrote: »
    Randy Orton is the drizzling shíts, isn't he?

When he's invested, hes good.

But when he's bored or can't be arsed, it really shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Orton has been stale for years.

Since the RKO out of nowhere Meme's started that's all he is now just a Meme.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

for me brock and orton are so similar when there interested are amazing but when there not two of the most boring wrestlers in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote:
    for me brock and orton are so similar when there interested are amazing but when there not two of the most boring wrestlers in the world

You are 100% right with that description. With Orton it's more noticeable as he's a weekly character.
    If I was given what Orton was the last year I wouldn't be too intrested. The Wyatt feud was poison & then putting over Jinder 3 times with diminishing results.
    I think he'd try harder if he was a heel but he seems to be a face cause kids, women like him & everyone pops for the RKO. Character wise it does nothing as he's not naturally likeable tbh.
    I always get a giggle of his entrance graphic on smackdown, big doesn't give AF folded arms pose by him. Just a small thing but I find it funny.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,729 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Pretty sure he is on record as saying he would like to be heel now but then again they cheered as he burned down Bray's house... I know Wyatt is a heel but still it could be getting to the stage where they think (important part there) it'd be hard to get people really against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Snakeweasel

The first time in years and years that I enjoyed Orton was in the Wyatt Family, he really looked to be enjoying himself and the storyline would have had a way better payoff if they held off until summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Always get the impression that Orton's heart isn't in it anymore. He just goes through the motions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Orton needs to learn how to reinvent himself every now and again much like Jericho.

He is a good worker, but he has been same sort of character since 2009.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Orton's a guy I'd love to see wrestle outside of WWE. I don't think it will ever happen though as he's too well liked in the company and even if he and they did fall out, I bet he's got enough money where he'd not feel the need to go elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,616 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I wonder why the WWE haven't put Cathy front and centre on the main shows in some capacity.

Is she on one of the Diva shows?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,903 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I wonder why the WWE haven't put Cathy front and centre on the main shows in some capacity.

Nope she isn't. You'd think she'd perfect given she is gorgeous, seems a very nice person, and has brains to burn with a multipack of matches to light them with.

She's often on lists and news thing on wwe on youtube so all least she's seen there, when something on screen in some backstage role comes up she's got to be on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 29,080 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's strange that Becky is probably the most over of the women, in that she gets the most positive reaction that I've noticed, yet she's only held one title in the WWE.
    Also I would like to see how Charlotte would do if she wasn't Ric's daughter. By that I mean how would the fans react if they didn't have a reason to woo. Not saying she doesn't deserve to be where she is, but would she get as many title opportunities?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

I think Charlotte is far and away the best woman wrestler in WWE and deserves every opportunity she gets.

Tall athletic gorgeous woman? There’s nobody else really like her on the main roster, most of the girls don’t like real athletes unlike Charlotte who has a good look for a dominant female

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

I think charlotte would still get on great if she wasnt a flair. Nattie on the otherhand would be long gone if she wasnt a hart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sky88 wrote:
    I think charlotte would still get on great if she wasnt a flair. Nattie on the otherhand would be long gone if she wasnt a hart

I dunno Alicia Fox is there 10 years like.....:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement